• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Lol well they seem to be bringing in upgrades at that spot. Just telling you guys be prepared for jc to be gone cause his time here very well seems done.

Who are the upgrades at PF they've mentioned? I may have missed it?

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Lol well they seem to be bringing in upgrades at that spot. Just telling you guys be prepared for jc to be gone cause his time here very well seems done.

I haven't heard one rumored 4, coming back via these supposed trades, thats better than Collins.

He may very well be gone, but the net result better be an immediate upgrade or it's a mistake.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I haven't heard one rumored 4, coming back via these supposed trades, thats better than Collins.

He may very well be gone, but the net result better be an immediate upgrade or it's a mistake.

how would it be a mistake???

I think a lot of these hawks fans like you think we are much closer to a championship then we are lol. We don't have a championship coach or a championship level roster at all lol. If it takes another year to become a contender and they get a better long term fit with trae they should absolutely be exploring that.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I think a lot of these hawks fans like you think we are much closer to a championship then we are lol. We don't have a championship coach or a championship level roster at all lol. If it takes another year to become a contender and they get a better long term fit with trae they should absolutely be exploring that.

What are the names of the replacements you are seeing?  Tough to assess whether they are an upgrade or a better long-term fit without diving down into the details of the particular player.  

Like, I have a hard time seeing Jerami Grant as someone who would work as a JC replacement both for the short and long term.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member

Donovan Mitchell is dying to get John Collins on his squad. I wouldn’t be surprised if Utah dropped it’s asking price for Gobert to get Collins. Maybe even send a pick our way. For the record I am NOT advocating for John’s departure. Love what he brings to our team. 

Just now, MarylandHawk said:

Donovan Mitchell is dying to get John Collins on his squad. I wouldn’t be surprised if Utah dropped it’s asking price for Gobert to get Collins. Maybe even send a pick our way. For the record I am NOT advocating for John’s departure. Love what he brings to our team. 

Do you have a link you can post to Mitchell/Collins?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

Link?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

This would be news to me. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Sounds all well and good...taking a step back for a better long term fit.

Is that what Ressler wants? Does he want to be in the play-in again next year? Or top 6? Or top 4 in the East?

Still waiting on the rumored PF that's replacing JC.

Just now, thecampster said:

Jinx..you owe me a coke.

You owe me a glass of 🍷? 😆 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Seems obvious.  If a move nets you a worse player, how is it not a mistake?

If you think my aversion to downgrading talent means I therefore assume we're close to a title, I'd humbly ask you not to make such wide-sweeping assumptions.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

What are the names of the replacements you are seeing?  Tough to assess whether they are an upgrade or a better long-term fit without diving down into the details of the particular player.  

Like, I have a hard time seeing Jerami Grant as someone who would work as a JC replacement both for the short and long term.

I am assuming here they are trading jc for a lottery pick (likely daniels who I love the fit next to trae). That or if they get lucky and can get ivey from kings. Both long term I love fit wise for collins.

They could then replace collins with a cheap option via trade or free agency. Or pursue a more expensive option like grant tho I would not prefer that

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sounds all well and good...taking a step back for a better long term fit.

Is that what Ressler wants? Does he want to be in the play-in again next year? Or top 6? Or top 4 in the East?

Still waiting on the rumored PF that's replacing JC.

You owe me a glass of 🍷? 😆 

They could get a replacement level player. The pf in our system literally has just sat in the corner for years. Maybe like a kyle anderson who could also serve as a backup ball handler which we also need. The power forward is not one of value on this team and they shouldn't allocate the resources to that position like they do to a center.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Seems obvious.  If a move Nets you a worse player, how is it not a mistake?

If you think my aversion to downgrading talent means I therefore assume we're close to a title, I'd humbly ask you not to make such wide-sweeping assumptions.

How is it netting you the worse player tho?? Just casue the player is worse year 1 because hes a rookie does not mean he will be worse long term especially when its a better fit

9 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Him and JC are really good friends. Wouldn't be shocking 

• Like 1

What do yall think it would take to get #4? Would ivey be worth it? His defense needs work, but he could be prime Westbrook with a jumpshot and less attitude. He would pair great with Trae. Two high gravity players in the back court would be sweet.

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

How is it netting you the worse player tho?? Just casue the player is worse year 1 because hes a rookie does not mean he will be worse long term especially when its a better fit 

We're not in a rebuilding phase where we can afford to throw away years for some rookie to develop.

Factor in money when you think of how we get better.  It's not a 'where will we be in 2-3 years' conversation.  It's where are we next season.

Money forces things to skew towards shortsightedness. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

We're not in a rebuilding phase where we can afford to throw away years for some rookie to develop.

Factor in money when you think of how we get better.  It's not a 'where will we be in 2-3 years' conversation.  It's where are we next season.

Money forces things to skew towards shortsightedness. 

I have a very hard time seeing us trading an established vet for a lottery pick at this point.  Bust rate of lottery picks is significant.  Developmental curve may mean waiting until that player is on his second contract before he becomes value add.  (Even very high picks like Andrew Wiggins, Lonzo Ball, Jaylen Brown, De'Angelo Russell, etc. who didn't bust took quite a while before they were ready to add wins to a roster and do more than put up volume stats.)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How is a replacement level player UPGRADING the position 🤔 ? that is what you alluded to in your initial post.

jesus christ are you guys this short sighted. We would make upgrades at other positions like shooting guard or center. You know more valuable positions for our team. Why should we spend 125 mill on a dude to play average defense and spot up when we can use that money on like ayton who will be a perfect compliment to trae. 

I never said upgrade the SAME position when that position is useless for us. I said upgrade the team. Getting someone like dyson daniels could do wonders for our lack of defense and secondary playmaking in a year 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I never said upgrade the SAME position when that position is useless for us. I said upgrade the team. Getting someone like dyson daniels could do wonders for our lack of defense and secondary playmaking in a year 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Kirschner has said all summer long he doesn't expect jC back (and I know you all hate him so please save me the grace and don't reply about him Idc).

Jake fischer just said yesterday he expects the hawks to deal jc for a lottery pick. also again stated in KOC's mock draft today. They have been saying this stuff for weeks now

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

:ahf:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There's literally no way to know that's true.  And it's arguably not worth the risk.

• Thanks 1