• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Agreed on Simmons fit all that is obvious and nobody is wrong , we just have to assume Trae and the Fo would obviously have a plan regarding how we would play and if Ben even wants to play , I can't imagine Trae pushing for a guy that doesn't really want to play because that is very anti Trae from what we've seen, Ben must be telling Trae he just needs such and such and he wants to help win chips.  He's not over there playing video games and Trae doesn't know it and Trae is begging this loser to come to ATL. IMO.  Theres been enough out there in Ben to where he's gonna really have to sell himself at this point for any team to give up assets to acquire considering his past.

Durant didn't believe Kyrie would be the way he is either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Durant didn't believe Kyrie would be the way he is either.

Then we would be f***ing ourselves but it's still fine because we would get a haul for Trae and Murray to start a rebuild and then u would be happy again.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Then we would be f***ing ourselves but it's still fine because we would get a haul for Trae and Murray to start a rebuild and then u would be happy again.

Why would I be happy again?

19 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Makes no sense to change a guy to a position he has never played just because there is no other way he fits with the team and even un that position he does not fit. We make trades to be better not to play players out of position.

He has played center some though. That triple double he got when he eliminated the wizards before they played us he was their center. He had also played center against the nets for 10 minutes and has 17 points in that stretch. I’m sure there’s more examples but that’s what I found with a quick google search 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBAchamps2016 said:

He has played center some though. That triple double he got when he eliminated the wizards before they played us he was their center. He had also played center against the nets for 10 minutes and has 17 points in that stretch. I’m sure there’s more examples but that’s what I found with a quick google search 

Just say NO to Simmons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Simmons makes $37 million, who else are you sending out with Collins ($25.6) to make up the difference $11 million difference? We can't include J. Holiday or Harkless since they can't be aggregated. 

It would be JC plus either of Capela or Bogi for Simmons and cap filler. I'm good with either player going out. We've long needed to consolidate talent on this roster, and that's what this is. 

Not directed at you bird, but in reading the board today people seem to forget how good Simmons is. True he's not baggage free, but even considering that he's STILL a top 20-30 player. 

Ben is a DPOY quality defender who is as equally adept at on-ball and off-ball D, plus switching. Elite handles, passing, screen setting, rolling to the rim and finishing there. And still only 26 years old. Same age as Murray, two years older than Trae. 

He's elite at everything, except sucking at jumpshooting. But the shooting is why he's only top 20-30 instead of being a top 5 player.

Trae wants Simmons here. Do we think we know better than Trae what a good player looks like? Do we think we know better than Trae about the roster fit or lineup fit with Ben?

C'mon man!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Just say NO to Simmons. 

I would say no too but I think a Murray/Simmons/Trae core would be something I like to see in real life.  Each one of the them can cover up the other person weakness while Trae is the shooter/Murrary is the Slasher while Simmons can do anything else except shooting.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sounds great and ideal in theory. I'm just not convinced that Simmons will embrace being a full time Center and all that it entails - doing the dirty work and playing inside the paint, banging with the true centers, etc. He'd have to have a totally different mindset in his approach. Can he maybe, will he - I'm skeptical.

Convince and Simmons being in the same sentence??? Don't know about that.

Quality point.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NekiEcko said:

Maybe he can but it is up to him on that point, but I know that Trae is pushing super hard for him. 

I love that Trae can and will recruit. I don't want him making front office decisions though. (Which he isn't).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

With Kevin gone, youre gonna need Bogi's shooting though. Gallo is gone too, keep that in mind.

We'd be depending on 2 rookie AJ and JJ to score the ball with range.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We'd be depending on 2 rookie AJ and JJ to score the ball with range.

Justin Holiday, I think we all agree (?), is going to get a lot of time until (and if) Griffin proves himself... lifetime .367 from 3.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Whoa.

Medusa is all you're getting back?!?

Yikes.

I do have to say I don't mind the idea so much of Simmons playing the 5, which is a big deal as much as I've been anti-Medusa all this time.

And also, in the last 24 hours, I've convinced myself that the seeming flirtation with Medusa and with Dr. JR in NYK probably points to a strong interest to get a better ball distributor at PF... or, alternatively, at C. So I'd even say it's plausible.

But that's just too much of a talent wipe off our rotation. There'd have to be more coming back to us.

I disagree.

Did you kow that in the past 3 seasons, Bogi and John Collins have shot the exact same percentage from 3?  ( 38.8% ).  We've also seen Okongwu this season looked better than Capela at times on both ends of the floor.  I truly believe that if you give both of these guys more responsiblity, along with the all-around talent that Simmons would bring to the table, that the Hawks could become a team that is a lot more versatile and lethal.

Honestly, Simmons is all I would want back from that Brooklyn team, to enable our young guys to get a chance to develop.

Having 3 legit playmakers on this team ( Trae, Murray, and Simmons ), of which you could keep up to 2 of them on the court at all times, could completely transform this team.

I think our ceiling is 55 wins, if we stay as is right now.  If we keep Collins and acquire Simmons, I think we have a legit shot at 60+ wins.

• Like 2