• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

hace 10 minutos, Jody23 dijo:

Also, Gallo's ability to score in the post consistently was also a big part of the offense.  That's going to be a big loss because none of the bigs on the roster have that ability.

Collins has that ability and JJ as well

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

To be clear, I no longer like the salary fit on Simmons.....BUT.... You have to think of the rotations.  At 6 minutes, Simmons takes a seat and someone subs in. At 9 minutes, Murray takes a seat and BB subs in.  At the start of the 2nd quarter, Trae subs out, Simmons subs back in. At the 9 minute mark, Murray subs back in. At the 6 minute mark, Trae subs back in and Bogi sits. To finish the 2nd at the 3 minute mark Bogi subs back in and Simmons sits. There is a 3 minute window where the only primary ball hander on the floor is Simmons but he has Bogi on the floor with him. 

6 minutes a game, you'd have Simmons + shooter/defenders. 42 minutes a game you'd have 2 to 3 of Simmons, Murray, Trae on the floor all at once. 3 players who've averaged at least 8 assists per game before.  The team would be a nightmare cover. Although Simmons doesn't "shoot", he cuts/attacks with the best of them. There is a reason he's averaged 15.9 ppg for his career.  Its not the worst idea. It also means if either Murray/Young go out for any significant amount of time, you have a built in PG for minutes. Don't crap on it until you fully understand it.

I think y'all are downplaying the mental aspect here. 

IMO Simmons doesn't want to be on a contender, then he has to deal with playoff atmospheres, postgame press conferences, criticism, bright lights, and the mental aspect of it all is going to be a lot more amplified.  As soon as something goes wrong he's going back into his shell.  He never even made it out of the 2nd round and all of this happened.  Could you imagine if we are in ECF and/or Finals with that type of pressure after he has a bad game?  EVERYONE has bad playoff games.  The difference is, can he recover mentally after a bad game when receiving criticism?

We also can't have someone making $30+ million/year who is unplayable in the 4th quarter. 

I agree that Simmons is an incredible talent and would improve this team if the mental aspect didn't exist.  But it DOES and it cannot be ignored.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Also, Gallo's ability to score in the post consistently was also a big part of the offense.  That's going to be a big loss because none of the bigs on the roster have that ability.

A big reason for that was due to not having another ball handler capable of running the 1-5 PnR when Trae was on the bench. That won't be the case any more with Murray around. 

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think the mods are letting anything go in this thread. 359 pages and 320 of them are not on subject. Now arguing about what someone's height is without shoes when, ya know, you play games with shoes on. 

I have no updates from my sources to share to put this on point.

Thank you, I was curious on the latest. ❤️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Of course I rooted for JR Rider. 

He was a Hawk.  I wanted to see him and the Hawks do well.

But there are different types of head cases.   Rider was a complete idiot.   Simmons isn't an idiot.

Funny I just wore my Rider jersey earlier ballin 🏀 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

A big reason for that was due to not having another ball handler capable of running the 1-5 PnR when Trae was on the bench. That won't be the case any more with Murray around. 

I get what you are saying, but I still think every team needs a throw in the post and score or a. get to the foul line type player. There are always situations where the game slows down and you just need a tough basket

Our two best players are both smallish guards. I think it’s almost necessary for us to have a go-to post threat with some size. Especially in the playoffs.

It’s got to be Dre unless we add someone else. JC can post against mismatches but struggles against stronger defenders. I think Dre has just enough explosion to take advantage of a bigger player.

Gallo was so good at making something out of nothing and helping us keep a lead, or make comebacks, all by getting to the line.

Not every game will be a big lead. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Kessler Edwards is out there too. Shot 35% from 3 last year and played good defense for the Nets. 

Both solid, cheap options to fill that Dieng role

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Reports are that the Nets aren't willing to trade Simmons so if that happens, we are likely looking at the Hawks with the idea that they make no major moves. Maybe signing Kaba and Martin

We keeping jc?

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Reports are that the Nets aren't willing to trade Simmons so if that happens, we are likely looking at the Hawks with the idea that they make no major moves. Maybe signing Kaba and Martin

Wouldn't they have to move Simmons in order to acquire another designated rookie max contract? If they're serious about trading KD for the best deal possible, SImmons would have to be available if someone like Adebayo was a possible acquisition.

• Like 4