• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

Wouldn't they have to move Simmons in order to acquire another designated rookie max contract? If they're serious about trading KD for the best deal possible, SImmons would have to be available if someone like Adebayo was a possible acquisition.

They aren't targeting those guys anymore. KD doesn't want to play with Miami unless they got Bam. So it's down to PHX, LAC, and TOR. 

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I hope we're keeping JC. I'd like to see him paired with a 5 that can step out and hit shots. Let JC be the primary PNR threat.

Then you would like to see JC on a different team because that's never gonna happen here unless Okongwu adds a 3pt shot to his game like Al and Sap did years back.

JC don't have the market to get his ideal. In my eyes, his best spot is being an elite 6th man. That way he fits the ideal like Odom and Kukoc did back in the days. 

2 minutes ago, georgia said:

So is our roster pretty much set??    We’ve upgraded I think.   

Pretty much. Hard to say we upgraded it. It just looks different. A lot more defense, a lot less shot creation but we do got another star next to Trae which we didn't have last year outside of a couple playoffs for Hunter. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Pretty much. Hard to say we upgraded it. It just looks different. A lot more defense, a lot less shot creation but we do got another star next to Trae which we didn't have last year outside of a couple playoffs for Hunter. 

I do like how we have some possible fits on our summer league roster.    Maybe we can be like the Heat and find a diamond or 2

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

So that means we are good and we dont have to worry about rumors anymore.

It depends, you never know for certain. I just hear that the Nets weren't happy with none of the Simmons offers. Felt he's worth much more. 

It does seem they will eventually trade KD but they want more than what's available right now.

Barnes is a big topic right now which is why Toronto has stronger odds than people think.

1 minute ago, georgia said:

I do like how we have some possible fits on our summer league roster.    Maybe we can be like the Heat and find a diamond or 2

I hope so. 

With our cap constraints, we really can't sign no one that's not a rookie. 

12 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ayton has no market and the Suns fans created fan fiction to send him to Utah.

I would say Atlanta has little to no interest in Ayton.

They had interest but Murray was their big play and Trae made it clear he wanted Clint here for the long haul.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They aren't targeting those guys anymore. KD doesn't want to play with Miami unless they got Bam. So it's down to PHX, LAC, and TOR. 

How is a Morris Sr./Kennard/Covington package better than what we have to offer?

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Nets gonna go into the season not trading anybody and having everybody sit out because they were disappointed they didn’t get 10 frp plus 5 all stars.

They are getting close on a Kyrie trade. They want an unprotected 1st and they don't want to take on future money but the Lakers don't either but likely will.

KD deal I am told isn't far either. 

But Simmons is off the table. Atlanta was leading for Simmons. I was told they want a stronger package then what was offered. I bet Atlanta makes another run for him in January.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the roster is better in some ways... Better on Star power, hustle and defense...

But.... This team is weaker in FT effeciency, less depth, no post up scoring and mediocre shooting.

People can say that the Holidays technically shoot decent 3pt percentages, but they aren't sharpshooter or potent enough scorers to make teams pay.

Gallo and KH were enough threats that they could drop 25 on some nights.

Nobody is afraid of the Holiday's... Late game offensive execution is going suffer probably.

If Collins wants to be a scorer on the team he will have to do it from behind the 3pt line.

I think a 3rd wheel is where he fits best as a starter.

I don't he should be a feature scorer as a starter or as a 6th man.

He doesn't have the post scoring, creativity or the handles.

He needs to accept that he is an effecient role player and not a 20 PPG scorer on a good team.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They are getting close on a Kyrie trade. They want an unprotected 1st and they don't want to take on future money but the Lakers don't either but likely will.

KD deal I am told isn't far either. 

But Simmons is off the table. Atlanta was leading for Simmons. I was told they want a stronger package then what was offered. I bet Atlanta makes another run for him in January.

Seems like if you try to trade for someone for over a year while he’s on multiple teams you should probably just give what it takes