• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Pretty much. Hard to say we upgraded it. It just looks different. A lot more defense, a lot less shot creation but we do got another star next to Trae which we didn't have last year outside of a couple playoffs for Hunter. 

Trae/holiday 

murray/bogi

hunter/jj

jc/oo

capela/oo

this is a fun potential lineup!

1top 4seed potential with he upside for more!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBAchamps2016 said:

Seems like if you try to trade for someone for over a year while he’s on multiple teams you should probably just give what it takes 

It's clear teams see Simmons at a much higher tier than a JC package.

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They are getting close on a Kyrie trade. They want an unprotected 1st and they don't want to take on future money but the Lakers don't either but likely will.

KD deal I am told isn't far either. 

But Simmons is off the table. Atlanta was leading for Simmons. I was told they want a stronger package then what was offered. I bet Atlanta makes another run for him in January.

What KD deal… the baloney fan fiction 3 team with Donovan Mitchell? Lmao hell no

Ayton signing in Brooklyn? No way

no trade is close and I bet they both stay in brooklyn

Edited by theheroatl

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's clear teams see Simmons at a much higher tier than a JC package.

Seems like a JC package isn’t very valuable to anyone. So what avenue do the hawks have to get better now other than cleaning out the whole roster besides the two allstars?

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

What KD deal… the baloney fan fiction 3 team with Donovan Mitchell? Lmao hell no

Ayton signing in Brooklyn? No way

no trade is close and I bet they both stay in brooklyn

There is no legs to Mitchell to Brooklyn. Utah wants a bigger package for him than they got for Gobert. If there is a trade between just Utah, it's Toronto but I am not sure they can meet Utah asking price. 

10 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Trae/holiday 

murray/bogi

hunter/jj

jc/oo

capela/oo

I agree although Holiday will likely get most of the backup 3 mins and JJ is likely back in College Park with the youngins at daycare

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Pretty much. Hard to say we upgraded it. It just looks different. A lot more defense, a lot less shot creation but we do got another star next to Trae which we didn't have last year outside of a couple playoffs for Hunter. 

I feel like our staying unit is better with the addition of Murray. But losing Kevin, Gallo and Wright really hurts our depth. Odds makers have only given us 3 more wins.

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I feel like our staying unit is better with the addition of Murray. But losing Kevin, Gallo and Wright really hurts our depth. Odds makers have only given us 3 more wins.

I agree. I was saying that 50-55 wins was possible, but eh... No.

Schlenk makes a good move here and there, but I don't think he can put a consistent contender out there.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Trae/holiday 

murray/bogi

hunter/jj

jc/oo

capela/oo

Without Gallo, I don't see how we can trade JC. We would basically have no power forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJ is likely back in College Park

This is the second time I've seen this come up recently.

The first time, I think I responded that TS or McM had said something that I'd read or heard that made it clear that the expectation is that Jalen will be part of the rotation next season.

This second time, I went looking for what I read or heard... I'm pretty sure now that it was something heard, not read.

*sigh*

Didn't find it. I'll know it when I hear it again, if I do.

What I did find was something in that vein, but not as concrete... McM in his exit interview, having been asked about Jalen:

"...Really looking forward to him playing Summer League, getting better, and earning a right to play in the rotation."

While this doesn't qualify as establishing the "expectation," it at least establishes an "anticipation" that that's going to happen.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Schlenk makes a good move here and there, but I don't think he can put a consistent contender out there.

Schlenk is as good a GM as I've seen for any of my pro sports teams, imo.

But to be fair to GMs, it's damn hard to keep your team competitive when you have 29-31 other teams who, for the most part, are trying as hard as you are to get better, and when the delta between the very best and the very worst GMs doesn't seem to be all that wide.

If you haven't taken a listen to this 5 minutes or so of exit interview yet, I encourage you to do that. This is all very matter-of-fact and rational stuff... and I especially encourage attention at about the 2:15 mark.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

This is the second time I've seen this come up recently.

The first time, I think I responded that TS or McM had said something that I'd read or heard that made it clear that the expectation is that Jalen will be part of the rotation next season.

This second time, I went looking for what I read or heard... I'm pretty sure now that it was something heard, not read.

*sigh*

Didn't find it. I'll know it when I hear it again, if I do.

What I did find was something in that vein, but not as concrete... McM in his exit interview, having been asked about Jalen:

"...Really looking forward to him playing Summer League, getting better, and earning a right to play in the rotation."

While this doesn't qualify as establishing the "expectation," it at least establishes an "anticipation" that that's going to happen.

JJ not playing in summer league. He had a surgery. I believe should be ready for the season. Hopefully he gets some run this year.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, timebomb said:

JJ not playing in summer league.

Right... McM couldn't know that, of course, at that moment. I just included that part b/c it was part of the sentence.