• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Everybody is an exaggeration.  Kirschner has his best guess of who may not be on the team.  The most likely candidate is Bogi and Capela. 

If there are better deals for the Hawks to get better with sending out JC, they may make the trade.

I can almost guarantee they will not be trading JC to Portland for the 7th pick in a weak draft. 

Unless they've brought in some other upgrades at the 2 and center spots.

here is the comment that the guy said I was referencing...

Edited by Mikey

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

here is the comment that the guy said I was referencing...

I think your word choice may have created some of the confusion.  If you were referring to the 2 and 5 spots, you would normally talk about upgrades "at those spots" while if you were talking about upgrading the 4 you would talk about an upgrade "at that spot."  You used the latter singular form instead of the plural form to reference multiple positions.  (Thanks for editing the original wording.)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"at that spot" is literally in reference to the guy who quoted me saying they would upgrade shooting guard and center.

Personal insult deleted

Uuummm....3 people asked you who were the replacement PF from the 'at that spot' comment - you mentioned Anderson and Grant - so I guess we all misunderstood :ph34r:.

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Uuummm....3 people asked you who were the replacement PF from the 'at that spot' comment - you mentioned Anderson and Grant - so I guess we all misunderstood :ph34r:.

yes replacement pf not upgrade. Never said we would upgrade at that position I said we would get a replacement level player...

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

yes replacement pf not upgrade. Never said we would upgrade at that position I said we would get a replacement level player...

Digging A Hole GIFs | Tenor

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Seems obvious.  If a move nets you a worse player, how is it not a mistake?

If you think my aversion to downgrading talent means I therefore assume we're close to a title, I'd humbly ask you not to make such wide-sweeping assumptions.

I see what you did there - fellow  apologist. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Mikey said:

They could get a replacement level player. The pf in our system literally has just sat in the corner for years. Maybe like a kyle anderson who could also serve as a backup ball handler which we also need. The power forward is not one of value on this team and they shouldn't allocate the resources to that position like they do to a center.

How is it netting you the worse player tho?? Just casue the player is worse year 1 because hes a rookie does not mean he will be worse long term especially when its a better fit

Him and JC are really good friends. Wouldn't be shocking 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29682987/from-afar-watching-basketball-john-collins

I am making that assessment of if their well know history if brotherhood. Their games also mesh well with each other. When you match that with the rumors about Mitchell and Gobert not getting along with these recent rumors of Utah and the hawks, I am just putting two and two together. 

1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29682987/from-afar-watching-basketball-john-collins

I am making that assessment of if their well know history if brotherhood. Their games also mesh well with each other. When you match that with the rumors about Mitchell and Gobert not getting along with these recent rumors of Utah and the hawks, I am just putting two and two together. 

From My research Trae and Mitchell are just as close. So I’m sure the 3 of them (Trae, Collins, Mitchell) are all good friends.

its something but then it’s not…this whole era of the nba are friends seem like to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Waste Of My Time GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

also...

About the Mitchell wanting to play with JC...

Couldn't we just trade for Mitchell?  He's close friends with JC and Trae...

Mitchell, Kuzma endorse Trae Young for ROTY after 32-point performance |  theScore.com

Exactly what I just said….seems to me it would be the other way around of Trae and Collins trying to tell Mitchell to force his way to Atlanta IF we are going to base things off of friendships.

trae and Mitchell worked out together a few off seasons I believe too.

2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Seems like everybody is in rude mode because alls the same rumors are circulating. None us know what will happen. It won’t stop me from trying to figure it out with slivers of information I have. 

It happens on all days ending in 'y'. 

• Haha 4

Too much smoke not to believe that we really are trying to move JC.

It screams of us being cheap. The best piece we have left to package together for  a “name” player, and we are jumping at the bit to move him for a draft pick. 

That is a money saving move if I ever saw one, and just shows again we are not serious about competing for titles.