• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

The only way we trade JC is if we're confident Ayton is on his way to ATL.

Even then, I'd rather build around Trae/Hunter/JC/Ayton.

But Hawks management must feel it's more important to have another ballhandler, playmaker, and perimeter defender at the 2 next to Trae. I can't say I really disagree... Just hate to lose John to get that (especially for an unproven rookie).

Ressler end of season comments:

Ressler made it clear he expected the Hawks to be better than what they were this season, and the plan is to improve the roster so they’re not in this same position a year from now.

Obviously, if you’re second in offense and 26th in defense, I’m going to suggest there are pretty obvious areas we need to work on. 

“Getting more folks who could handle the ball, create and more defensive-oriented players — or both — that’s an obvious answer,” Ressler said when asked what kinds of players the Hawks need

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Too much smoke not to believe that we really are trying to move JC.

It screams of us being cheap. The best piece we have left to package together for  a “name” player, and we are jumping at the bit to move him for a draft pick. 

That is a money saving move if I ever saw one, and just shows again we are not serious about competing for titles.

I said the same and this only makes sense if we are trading said pick for an established player like SGA.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

The only way we trade JC is if we're confident Ayton is on his way to ATL.

Even then, I'd rather build around Trae/Hunter/JC/Ayton.

But Hawks management must feel it's more important to have another ballhandler, playmaker, and perimeter defender at the 2 next to Trae. I can't say I really disagree... Just hate to lose John to get that (especially for an unproven rookie).

And you don't have to. You can get Brogdon without giving up JC.

May not be sexy, but he checks all the boxes of what the Hawks need.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Too much smoke not to believe that we really are trying to move JC.

It screams of us being cheap. The best piece we have left to package together for  a “name” player, and we are jumping at the bit to move him for a draft pick. 

That is a money saving move if I ever saw one, and just shows again we are not serious about competing for titles.

Do you think we are doing this for money saving move?

I don't think so, it is "how to build a team around Trae" type move.  He is only person that can give you any offense, but he is having a bad game or series like Miami, who can be that number two that is going to give you the points you need.  

I can understand everybody wants to keep JC and I will like to keep him but if there is a chance to upgrade this team, you have to take a chance because Players is not going to wait anymore and they will be leaving for a new team.

@macro102 - Borgdon is fine but he and Nate does not see eye to eye so that might cause a issue.

Edited by NekiEcko

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I can roll with that. Who's to say an SGA or Simmons doesn't become available in the next year? We could move JC then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Do you think we are doing this for money saving move?

I don't think so, it is "how to build a team around Trae" type move.  He is only person that can give you any offense, but he is having a bad game or series like Miami, who can be that number two that is going to give you the points you need.  

I can understand everybody wants to keep JC and I will like to keep him but if there is a chance to upgrade this team, you have to take a chance because Players is not going to wait anymore and they will be leaving for a new team.

@macro102 - Borgdon is fine but he and Nate does not see eye to eye so that might cause a issue.

JC fits like a glove next to Trae. That’s why that doesn’t make sense. 

Why not move the pieces that don’t fit next to Trae?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

JC fits like a glove next to Trae. That’s why that doesn’t make sense. 

Why not move the pieces that don’t fit next to Trae?

Did you read campster post about that

Management loves John the person. Management also thinks John is a better fit next to a dominant center or elsewhere. John is not strong enough, big enough and is hurt too much to put next to Trae and Clint. They know his athleticism will fade. 

I am agreeing with that statement because this team gets abused a lot when John has to deal with more physical PF in the East (i.e, Bam) and I don't think that he can be a second option in this offense.  I like his game a lot and he is a good dude, but I think if we can get a upgrade that is going to help this team and he can be that then go for it.  

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, marco102 said:

Don't think that's possible. 

It’s not …didn’t realize that when I posted it.

21 hours ago, georgia said:

With reporters, every year Zach Klein of WSB always has info on the hawks around the draft.   

Didn’t know that …I don’t think I have heard of Zach. Is he a reliable source for hawk news ?

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

NBA Draft Update

1. Orlando - Orlando is locking into Jabari Smith with 1st overall. 

2. OKC - He thinks it's much closer than expected with Holmgren and Ivey. Neck in neck. OKC wants to move back or up for Ivey but the cost is extremely steep to move up and SAC likes their trade down values over trading up. 

3. Houston- They love Banchero the most at 3 but if Holmgren falls to 3, it will be a difficult decision for Houston  

4. Sacramento- They are clearly selling 4 unless Pablo or Holmgren falls. I am told the price is steep, they want a SGA type player for the pick. Its gonna cost you tremendously in real assets. My personal favorites are SA with Murray/9 or Utah with Mitchell is offered. None of these offers have been made yet but I wouldn't be surprised if they are. Its gonna be extremely expensive. Expect Atlanta to really come hard but it will cost them without question A LOT! 

5. DET - this is Keegan Murray lane and the gap between 4 and 5 is MASSIVE. Basically from SGA to Jerami Grant types. Unless teams want to make a run for the playoffs, expect them to stay put. 

6. IND - Been active of late. They wanted in on Ayton but he hasn't been that receptive. Maybe adding John Collins could change that and give them at least an interview but even with Collins, you have to accept, if you don't land Ayton, this is your core. Is this what you want long term. Indiana has options. I am expecting them to land Mathurin if they stay. 

7. POR - Their name is listed all over for OG Anunoby. They want a big wing. If it falls through, they really like John Collins too. This is probably the pick most likely to be shipped outside of SAC if Ivey falls to 4. 

10. WAS - They have been extremely active looking for upgrades for a possible Beal resigning. I don't believe they have the assets to land 4 and as I've said before, I don't believe they have the assets to land a JC or Anunoby type unless they are willing to move their best assets. 10 isn't enough. Washington is looking to make a splash. 

How many guards does OKC need? SGA, Giddey, and now they want Ivey? 

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Yep especially the always knicked up box...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

Did you read campster post about that

I am agreeing with that statement because this team gets abused a lot when John has to deal with more physical PF in the East (i.e, Bam) and I don't think that he can be a second option in this offense.  I like his game a lot and he is a good dude, but I think if we can get a upgrade that is going to help this team and he can be that then go for it.  

So what bigger stronger, better PF are they going to get in return?  Please don't start listing people who have never played PF in their life and don't have a midrange game or a three point shot. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I’m super excited for this week.    I just hope we don’t get let down with some dumb trade.   

Not that I know, but I think we get Ayton.  I also think Collins is dealt and we either move up or out of pick 16.   As for another creator on offense, I have no idea.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks Want a Lottery Pick, Will Trade John Collins to Get One

Of all the teams looking to move into the lottery, the Hawks seem like an odd choice.

After making it to the East Finals in 2021, Atlanta had to win a pair of play-in games for the right to get bounced in the first round by the Miami Heat this year. Trae Young is a superstar, but the rest of the recent draft picks around him have turned into nothing more than role players (De'Andre Hunter, Kevin Huerter) or have already been traded (Cam Reddish).

John Collins, one of the few picks who have blossomed and been given a large role in Atlanta, is reportedly on the trade block as well as the Hawks look to move into the lottery.

According to The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor: "League sources say the Hawks are looking to add a lottery pick either by outright trading John Collins or also including this selection. One of the teams they’ve had talks with is Portland."

For a team that features an MVP candidate in Young and some quality veterans with Clint Capela, Bogdan Bogdanovic and Danilo Gallinari, giving up assets to move back up for yet another young player seems questionable.

Head coach Nate McMillan didn't seem interested in developing last year's draft picks, Jalen Johnson (selected 20th overall) and Sharife Cooper (48th overall). The two combined to play just 159 total minutes all season.

Moving up from No. 16 to No. 7 (or trading Collins) for a rookie is only going to require more assets and developmental time for a core that looked like it was ready to win two seasons ago.

Even if the Blazers would be interested in pairing Collins with Damian Lillard, it's hard to envision the Hawks actually being better next season with such a move.

B.S. Meter: High. Atlanta doesn't need another young player to develop and should be looking for veteran talent to place around Trae Young instead.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10038933-bs-meter-for-latest-2022-nba-draft-rumors.amp.html

In Seattle, Nate played Desmond Mason as a rookie, started Luke Ridnour on a 52 win team as second year player. He started undrafted Reggie Evans as a rookie. Nick Collison was in the rotation as a rookie. Same for undrafted Damien Wilkins.

In Portland he played Jarrett Jack as a rookie then started him in his second year.

He started Roy as a rookie and Aldridge for half his rookie season. He started Batum in his rookie year and Oden for part of it.

In Indiana, Nate started second year Myles Turner in his first year as coach.

He played Aaron Holiday in the rotation as a rookie. And a little Goga Bitadze.

He played Mays and Knight as rookies.

The idea that Nate doesn't play rookies is what's BS....

He didn't play the rookies JJ and Cooper in 2021-2.  Thats about it...But they didnt play much college ball at all...

Not the biggest Nate fan.. Just sayin.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So what bigger stronger, better PF are they going to get in return?  Please don't start listing people who have never played PF in their life and don't have a midrange game or a three point shot. 

Well then Diesel, what would you do (making up trade proposals that totally not good is not one of them)

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Diesel, if JC is traded, you gonna have to come to accept Okongwu is going to be PF. For someone who loves Draymond Green, you should be a champion of that move. I know I am a major fan of Green and I champion this move.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, terrell said:

In Seattle, Nate played Desmond Mason as a rookie, started Luke Ridnour on a 52 win team as second year player. He started undrafted Reggie Evans as a rookie. Nick Collison was in the rotation as a rookie. Same for undrafted Damien Wilkins.

In Portland he played Jarrett Jack as a rookie then started him in his second year.

He started Roy as a rookie and Aldridge for half his rookie season. He started Batum in his rookie year and Oden for part of it.

In Indiana, Nate started second year Myles Turner in his first year as coach.

He played Aaron Holiday in the rotation as a rookie. And a little Goga Bitadze.

He played Mays and Knight as rookies.

The idea that Nate doesn't play rookies is what's BS....

He didn't play the rookies JJ and Cooper in 2021-2.  Thats about it...But they didnt play much college ball at all...

Not the biggest Nate fan.. Just sayin.....

Its JJ and Coop talent is why his naysayers are mad. Those two are talented but extremely raw.