• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

In Seattle, Nate played Desmond Mason as a rookie, started Luke Ridnour on a 52 win team as second year player. He started undrafted Reggie Evans as a rookie. Nick Collison was in the rotation as a rookie. Same for undrafted Damien Wilkins.

In Portland he played Jarrett Jack as a rookie then started him in his second year.

He started Roy as a rookie and Aldridge for half his rookie season. He started Batum in his rookie year and Oden for part of it.

In Indiana, Nate started second year Myles Turner in his first year as coach.

He played Aaron Holiday in the rotation as a rookie. And a little Goga Bitadze.

He played Mays and Knight as rookies.

The idea that Nate doesn't play rookies is what's BS....

He didn't play the rookies JJ and Cooper in 2021-2.  Thats about it...But they didnt play much college ball at all...

Not the biggest Nate fan.. Just sayin.....

I'm not worried if Nate plays them, I'm more concerned if they can be an immediate contributor to make this team as Ressler said 'better than last season'.

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Too much smoke not to believe that we really are trying to move JC.

Don't know why this would ever be the correct conclusion, when you know it's silly season, and some if not many of these people earn an income based on clicks... and self-preservation suggests, for many, they don't mind copying off each other's stuff.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Diesel, if JC is traded, you gonna have to come to accept Okongwu is going to be PF. For someone who loves Draymond Green, you should be a champion of that move. I know I am a major fan of Green and I champion this move.

Okongwu at the 4 make more sense with Ayton than Gobert. Ayton has an elite mid range game and is working on his 3 point shot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrell said:

In Seattle, Nate played Desmond Mason as a rookie, started Luke Ridnour on a 52 win team as second year player. He started undrafted Reggie Evans as a rookie. Nick Collison was in the rotation as a rookie. Same for undrafted Damien Wilkins.

In Portland he played Jarrett Jack as a rookie then started him in his second year.

He started Roy as a rookie and Aldridge for half his rookie season. He started Batum in his rookie year and Oden for part of it.

In Indiana, Nate started second year Myles Turner in his first year as coach.

He played Aaron Holiday in the rotation as a rookie. And a little Goga Bitadze.

He played Mays and Knight as rookies.

The idea that Nate doesn't play rookies is what's BS....

He didn't play the rookies JJ and Cooper in 2021-2.  Thats about it...But they didnt play much college ball at all...

Not the biggest Nate fan.. Just sayin.....

I've never seen so many butt hurt people over a rookie not playing.  Especially guys as raw as Cooper and Jalen.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Okongwu at the 4 make more sense with Ayton than Gobert. Ayton has an elite mid range game and is working on his 3 point shot.

I didn’t know he was working on his 3ball that’s awesome! He’s already good around the goal and at mid range. I think he has elite potential to be great around basket honestly even though that’s not a popular skill anymore. 
For him to add a 3pter with what he already has and being a good defender makes him extremely valuable.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I think they would actually compliment each other really well as a pairing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Diesel, if JC is traded, you gonna have to come to accept Okongwu is going to be PF. For someone who loves Draymond Green, you should be a champion of that move. I know I am a major fan of Green and I champion this move.

I love the idea of OO at the 4 (mainly for defensive purposes)… I think most just hate it because Collins would obviously be gone and I understand that hurts (I like JC too even if some don’t believe that) but as long as it’s a good trade that brings back real talent that fits I’d be ok with moving on. OO’s defensive ceiling is so much higher than JCs and that’s why I believe it’s being considered even if Collins is better overall then OO, collins inability to create for himself offensively is a big disadvantage for us as our 2nd best offensive player.

OO and Ayton would be great obviously. You have a very good balance of offense and defense there.

OO and Gobert would be great defensively and likely the best big man defensive tandem in the league if they paired up (easily really) but you risk offensive spacing if OO doesn’t come back with a jumper. Both do have elite cutting recognition like you have mentioned several times and that will help but that won’t be enough for the offense to survive and maintain its identity as a legitimate threat.
So I been thinking about this….If OO and Gobert are seriously being considered Schlenk has to know he’s getting Ivey somehow by trading JC that would be my initial thought regarding all of this.

While I know its not a good idea to put so much guarantee in a rookie sometimes it’s not a prediction….for some players it’s just facts…like I’ve stated so many times with some past offensive talents coming into the nba you just know they are going to blossom as long as they avoid some major injury setback and I’ve said this about Trae and Edwards (for example) ….saying it again about Ivey. Iveys offense is going to transition to the nba perfectly just like Traes did. It’s not as tough to judge a player’s offense readiness for the nba  like it use to be and defensively it’s extremely tough especially in this era.

If we came away with this starting lineup this off season I wouldn’t be mad but yet thrilled.….

Trae

Ivey

Hunter

Okungwu

Gobert

• Premium Member

That...is a really d*ck move from Kenny Atkinson. That is very unprofessional. I like the Hornets and they definitely have a good team to be a HC for. The Dubs aren't firing Kerr and he's shown no interest in retiring so I don't know what the hell Atkinson is thinking.

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That...is a really d*ck move from Kenny Atkinson. That is very unprofessional. I like the Hornets and they definitely have a good team to be a HC for. The Dubs aren't firing Kerr and he's shown no interest in retiring so I don't know what the hell Atkinson is thinking.

He been reading my posts.  Realizes he's overrated, didn't wanna get exposed in CHA.

Seriously though, this likely means he won't get another shot.  How can teams trust his word now?

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Maybe he's thinking he can sit next to Kerr for another year and then return to Atl when Nate is shown the door. Atl > Cha imo.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

He been reading my posts.  Realizes he's overrated, didn't wanna get exposed in CHA.

Seriously though, this likely means he won't get another shot.  How can teams trust his word now?

Only thing I can think of is the Dubs gave kenny a big raise and Kerr told him he's close to retiring in a season or two and then Kenny gets the HC job. That's  the only thing I can think of because otherwise Kenny has committed career suicide as a HC.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Only thing I can think of is the Dubs gave kenny a big raise and Kerr told him he's close to retiring in a season or two and then Kenny gets the HC job. That's  the only thing I can think of because otherwise Kenny has committed career suicide as a HC.

That's the only scenario that makes sense.

And all of us (jokingly?) suggesting he's waiting on the Atl job?  Screw that guy, man.  He just took a messy shat all over the Hornets.  It's hard to convey just how unprofessional this is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And all of us (jokingly?) suggesting he's waiting on the Atl job?  Screw that guy, man.  He just took a messy shat all over the Hornets.  It's hard to convey just how unprofessional this is.

I like the Hornets. So this is kinda insulting to me on a lot of levels. I like Kenny as a coach quite  a deal and he was going to be a great fit in Charlotte. Now? He looks like an unprofessional punk.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not sure why we're talking about that topic here... but then again, I'm not the topic police... hehe...

One could also wonder if there was something that CHO didn't disclose to Kenny, or some legit reason Kenny became uncomfortable with the situation after all.

Dunno.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

OO is OO. He don’t wanna be Jamal Green. Don’t get it twisted Supes. U better than that.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ya but he did it to our in division so called rivals which turns it into a humorous act. 

• Haha 1