• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

I was just reading about the limit of 2 Designated Rookie Scale Player Extension players per team. 

Hypothetically, the Hawks can sign Ayton SNT and also acquire another rookie scale max extension player (SGA, Donovan) because the contract of Ayton will no longer be a Designated Player at 5 year max contract. It would simply be a max contract at 4 years. The Ayton situation is unique in that respect. Can anyone confirm this?

https://cbabreakdown.com/contract-types#:~:text=is discussed here.-,No team may have more than two players under a,be acquired through a trade.

https://cbabreakdown.com/free-agency/#qualifying-veteran-free-agent

https://www.spotrac.com/research/nba/deandre-aytons-next-contract-1452/

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Maybe Borrengo called him up and said.. " Don't do it"....

Plus.. how many coaches worked for the Raiders and who has ever turned down the Cowboys and you have to think about Cuban too. 

Doubt it..

5 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

If Lavine isn't available who is that's  an upgrade from Heurter?

Delon, Johnny Davis or Dyson Daniels.... lol

Or Anybody who can defend the perimeter. And Guard 1's and 2's...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I was just reading about the limit of 2 Designated Rookie Scale Player Extension players per team. 

Hypothetically, the Hawks can sign Ayton SNT and also acquire another rookie scale max extension player (SGA, Donovan) because the contract of Ayton will no longer be a Designated Player at 5 year max contract. It would simply be a max contract at 4 years. The Ayton situation is unique in that respect. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, noted in the other thread awhile ago. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

9 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

If Lavine isn't available who is that's  an upgrade from Heurter?

Have to ask oneself, "what is the one position on the court where there's very much improvement even possible, not named DeAndre Hunter who many accept as being 90% unlikely to be dealt (based on the anticipated upside)...???"

Yes, SG.

You've got KVon and you've got BogBog. Not exactly chopped liver offensively. But not exactly filet mignon defensively.

So, really, the main way you're even going to improve at that spot is... defensively. You need a proven scorer who is also regarded as a proven stopper.

Right?

Could I interest you in one of those?

Moreover, could I interest you in one of those whose leaderboard achievements include...

5x9r9QeeVw=&st=2022-06-19T15:47:30Z&se=2

Moreover, could I remind you that this is a player who has more than once been reported in past off-seasons as being on Travis Schlenk's shopping list?

And. That, for a change, it appears that his current team is truly shopping him, having recently traded for a younger PG and a SG?

He'll cost you about $22m, and you have him for the next 3 seasons at about that number. He's mainly on the market, according to many, b/c he's been injured too frequently, but word from team reporters is that it was less about actual injury this past season, more about tanking, more about him not being in the team's future plans anyhow.

Who's interested?

In my best Arnold Horshak....

welcome-back-kotter-kotter.gif

If we strike out on any upgrades and just run it back I’ll be severely disappointed in the front office. I know some of you all think that Capela, Huerter, Bogi and Collins have championship potential in them playing together, but I don’t.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, sturt said:

Have to ask oneself, "what is the one position on the court where there's very much improvement even possible, not named DeAndre Hunter who many accept as being 90% unlikely to be dealt (based on the anticipated upside)...???"

Yes, SG.

You've got KVon and you've got BogBog. Not exactly chopped liver offensively. But not exactly filet mignon defensively.

So, really, the main way you're even going to improve at that spot is... defensively. You need a proven scorer who is also regarded as a proven stopper.

Right?

Moreover, could I interest you in one of those whose leaderboard achievements include...

Moreover, could I remind you that this is a player who has more than once been reported in past off-seasons as being on Travis Schlenk's shopping list?

And. That, for a change, it appears that his current team is truly shopping him, having recently traded for a younger PG and a SG?

He'll cost you about $22m, and you have him for the next 3 seasons at about that number. He's mainly on the market, according to many, b/c he's been injured too frequently, but word from team reporters is that it was less about actual injury this past season, more about tanking, more about him not being in the team's future plans anyhow.

Who's interested?

I’m okay with Brogdon but he can’t be the only change because that is too easy of a trade. I really want to see this front office challenges like Morey does when becomes a deman-da.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I know some of you all think that Capela, Huerter, Bogi and Collins have championship potential in them playing together, but I don’t.

I get that, but I don't know what to tell you or people like you... the numbers are the numbers... reason is reason. You see 27 year-olds. I see 23 year-olds. Again. Those, too, are numbers that are the numbers. To me, you're not being reasonable, but just emotional... literally it's like kids needing new toys refusing to see the value of the old... make that "old" in quotes.

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I really want to see this front office challenges like Morey does when becomes a deman-da.

(Like I just said... I couldn't have asked for a better illustration, truly.)

8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I really want to see this front office challenges like Morey does when becomes a deman-da.

And how’s that worked out for Morey. He is now stuck with an aging ball hog 2 guard for the next 3 years. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

And how’s that worked out for Morey. He is now stuck with an aging ball hog 2 guard for the next 3 years. 

He got what he and the fan base wanted. I sincerely doubt even you thought he would play so poorly after the trade. No matter what you think, James Harden the player is still an all-star and a top tier player.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

So Golden State guys were 25-25-27 years old when they won in 2015. Based on your aging logic? We going to get a championship next year or the year after?

I would say GSW won when Steph was 27 (it doesn't work without him)... so if we assume Trae is our guy he is currently 23.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Yes, SG.

Right?

Who's interested?

Brogdon will be a tough fit around Trae and his price tag is far more costly than teams assumed. They want the Wizards 10th pick for him 

• Haha 1

Here's the Suns fans perspective of DA for Capela trade. Interesting and hilarious. You got idiots who really think Ayton is better than Capela on defense when Clint is several tiers better. Capela is not just a better shot blocker and rebounder, he's a way better rim protector and just as good at paint protection. He's a much smarter and consistent defender. He switches as good as any big not named Gobert. He's athletic for a NBA center with good speed for his size. 

NBA fans are extreme casuals on the non marquee teams across the league. None of them fools even quoted stats. They just was saying it like it's a foregone conclusion. 

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/platform/amp/2022/6/18/23173454/inside-the-phoenix-suns-topics-robert-sarver-a-possible-da-trade-with-atlanta-and-dario-saric-nba

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Brogdon will be a tough fit around Trae and his price tag is far more costly than teams assumed. They want the Wizards 10th pick for him 

Tough fit? That's perplexing to me, but okay.

But to the other... might not be as costly as newly understood after all...

https://8points9seconds.com/2022/06/15/indiana-pacers-malcolm-brogdon-stock/

2022-06-19_13-08-13.png

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

So Golden State guys were 25-25-27 years old when they won in 2015. Based on your aging logic? We going to get a championship next year or the year after?

R.5403366177a15005453af13d721bef30?rik=x

I say we're already a year late, actually.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

For the Ayton crowd, please remember that a trade for Ayton effectively hard caps the team at a max $154.36 million (ish) in salary (apron 22-23) and caps us at the apron every year for the next 4 years.  If the Hawks snt trade for Ayton, you can say goodbye to getting anything of value back for Gallo, keeping Gallo this year an/or keeping more than Wright when any player comes up for free agency.

Let me simplify it.  Waive Gallo, snt max Ayton for Capella...no other moves....we're at $146.88 million in salary with 9 players on the roster and only 7.5 million in room left under the apron.  Take a second and think that through.

Stretch Gallo and you get 3.3 million more this year.  Trade Bogi for a few scrubs and you get more players and can build the roster with min vets. But the cap gets/stays very tight.

Technically, trading 2 players for Gobert (or other) and waiving Gallo leaves you with no hard cap and less money spent on the cap to build off of.

See below  (Make sure you understand it before championing 1 or the other).

Total $136,339,507 $146,882,610 $136,805,024

Apron 154360000 154360000 154360000
Room under Apron                N/A ($7,477,390)                   N/A
LT 149000000 149000000 149000000
Amount under LT $12,660,493 $2,117,390 $12,194,976
Players on Roster 8 8 7

No change, waive Gallo minus Capela, Gallo minus Capela, Bogi, Gallo
    Plus Ayton Plus Gobert

images.jpg.a7c63131f699e9b05e95e27f18d5e1f2.jpg

• Thanks 1