• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-2023 College Park Skyhawks Thread

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

i_0e_5c_61_jarrett-culver.png?w=190

Rio Grande Valley Vipers: The Rio Grande Valley Vipers announced today that the team has acquired Jarrett Culver via trade from the College Park Skyhawks. In exchange, RGV has agreed to trade the returning player rights of both Trevelin Queen to South Bay and Marcus Foster to College Park.

– via Twitter
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Not that it matters... we can just as easily pluck him from South Bay as we could pluck him from CP... but the archives will reveal that I've had Trevelin Queen as a pet cat since last off-season. Excels at 3, and excels at D. But he also disappears from games, so I suppose that's the reason PHI didn't hold on to him.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Me, I wish they'd just leave all of them in CP and let em play. Nate's not going to play them anyhow, but even if he was, can only have 13 of the 14 (normally 15) eligible to play on any given night anyhow.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, sturt said:

Me, I wish they'd just leave all of them in CP and let em play. Nate's not going to play them anyhow, but even if he was, can only have 13 of the 14 (normally 15) eligible to play on any given night anyhow.

Nate only uses a nine man rotation.  I agree.  They may be just a warm body for practice.

:bb:

• Premium Member

Thought early on that Tyrese might prove to be one of those 2nd round under-the-radar discoveries GMs dream about. Was so pleasantly surprised by his performance in Dubai in preseason. But. Hasn't really turned out that way. A little surprised The Committee decided to commit to him for the rest of the season, actually.

But, glass half-full, there's still time for him to make his mark. Sharife didn't really turn the corner until February iirc.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sturt said:

Thought early on that Tyrese might prove to be one of those 2nd round under-the-radar discoveries GMs dream about. Was so pleasantly surprised by his performance in Dubai in preseason. But. Hasn't really turned out that way. A little surprised The Committee decided to commit to him for the rest of the season, actually.

But, glass half-full, there's still time for him to make his mark. Sharife didn't really turn the corner until February iirc.

Has Sharife turned a corner in his NBA career?  He is a little different then Maartin in any event given their respective ages upon entering the league.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Could we have used a big bruiser to grab some rebounds?

Apparently, the expectation is he's only going to be suiting up with them for a single 10-day.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/01/mavericks-to-sign-chris-silva-to-10-day-contract.html

But ain't it cool... not that it matters that much technically... that the College Park roster has seemed to be a go-to for NBA auxillary supply?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

New CBA deal on Two-Way contracts:

• There is an increase in two-way contract slots, jumping from two to three per team. Two-way contracts were created in the 2017 collective bargaining agreement as a vehicle for teams to develop younger players. It has been seen as a success, as it's become a route to players earning long-term homes in the league, and in several cases becoming major contributors.

Developing into a real minor league system.

• Like 1