• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Offseason Ramblings

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't know if it is about him not having a pulse but he has made it aggressively clear, imo, that he did NOT want to return to Phoenix this season.  Seems like a  young man who absolutely hates where he is and can't wait to get out.  I think if he didn't have a pulse he would not be this aggressive and would be delivering feel good platitudes about how he is happy to be back, things are great with the coach, etc.  

He is absolutely pissed that Phoenix matched and is going to try to get himself traded.  Attitude is terrible and looks like it will remain terrible for as long as he is in Phoenix.  Big question mark whether he will embrace his next team as there is definitely a greater risk of someone souring on their next team after they did so with their previous one.  But I feel like it is just a matter of time until he is gone.

I don't think he will have to try to get himself traded. 

I think Phoenix will showcase him until Jan mid/Dec and then will find somebody to take him.   He's more attractive under contract.   I think that they will keep the flare ups low and let him shine so that people can see his abilities.   He's still a #1 overall.   I think that we are a team in that market.   If we can matchup 100% and lose Clint's incentive laden contract that he will probably meet, we will like the idea of having young studs.   I just don't know if Ayton is a guy who Trae will match as well with... not on the court but on the court. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So no reaction here to Herro getting $30m+/year?   

@kg01 actually it’s on NBA radio wit Kam and AD, literally titled… “Herro gets paid” or something along those lines then Kam asked AD which contract he’d rather have between Herro and RJ in NY and AD basically sidestepped the question and talked about different roles with their respective clubs and whatnot.

I might call 📞. Altho by then the topic changes. I’ll call anyways :laugh1:

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Phoenix matched and is going to try to get himself traded. 

Yup. I saw some trade suggesting Ayton to the Bulls for Vuc and pieces. Where does Ayton want to go? Lakers? Heat? 

Bulls would be a good fit in terms of stats but if he doesn’t get in a Spurs like system, his career could turn into a waste as far as winning is concerned. 

I dunno, I still don’t see him getting to a place where he wants and not being a problem in some capacity, just a hunch.

• Moderators
On 9/28/2022 at 9:46 AM, macdaddy said:

Assuming the Nets aren't leading the EC in January i fully expect Ayton/Bridges for Durant.  Who's saying no to that.  Kyrie probably shipped out.  Nets have Simmons/Bridges/Ayton to build around.   PHX can make a run with CP/Book/KD.

Speaking of Kyrie, did you see how Roger Murdock blasted him?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kareem-abdul-jabbar-calls-kyrie-183400338.html

I'm so glad Irving isn't a Hawk.  Rooting for Murray is so much more fun.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup. I saw some trade suggesting Ayton to the Bulls for Vuc and pieces. Where does Ayton want to go? Lakers? Heat? 

Bulls would be a good fit in terms of stats but if he doesn’t get in a Spurs like system, his career could turn into a waste as far as winning is concerned. 

I dunno, I still don’t see him getting to a place where he wants and not being a problem in some capacity, just a hunch.

That's the thing.. is he a problem or is it a strong disagreement.   Not giving effort and causing a loss is a problem.   This was the word on KAT for most of his career.   I have come to see that these new players are not as competitive.   They want to make friends.   There's no Kobe/MJ cutthroat... he's my enemy until we die stuff going on with these guys and therefore, they don't put it all out there all the time.   However, is that what it is or is he a problem?  I don't know. 

I can see him doing very well in Chicago.   I just don't see why Chicago would pull the trade.   They just got Vuc.   Phoenix would want some stuff.   Popp's handpicked may not want to build around Ayton.. they want the frenchman.     The Heat would definitely be a place.  If they could get him, roll Bam to the 4... play Jimmy at the 3.. that's danger.   Maybe that's why Herro got paid?

Then there's us.  A foursome of Ayton, JC, Murray, and Trae is a future.  Not to mention Hunter.  I mentioned earlier though, I don't think he and Trae could do the on-court.   Not PNR but ego.  Trae will have to work extra hard on a mindset like Ayton.. a guy who wants the ball but is not humble and won't work. 

We don't appreciate Clint enough.  He's humble, he teaches, he leads in his own way, and he works very hard. 

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I have come to see that these new players are not as competitive. 

Mentally confident perhaps? 

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

They want to make friends. 

Sickening. :laugh: No seriously sorry I’m old school, I was even mad that Magic and Isiah kissed, at the time I was like 11 or something but I think I remember thinking that’s weak. Lol. I dunno, I’m not saying be a d!ck to one another but stop 🛑 being a newbie entourage it’s just ew.

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Popp's handpicked may not want to build around Ayton.

Physically once compared to the admiral, mentally nowhere close. Different universe, the Admiral came in and just flat out turned the Spurs around in 89. Mr. Robinson’s shoes and neighborhood were real no doubt.

23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Heat would definitely be a place.  I

Closest to his Bahamas 🇧🇸 birthplace.

23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A foursome of Ayton, JC, Murray, and Trae is a future.  Not to mention Hunter.

Despite the crap I talked earlier in this very post, if you’re a Hawks fan and that doesn’t make you salivate, then you might wanna check the heartbeat baby that’s a strong 💪🏿 lineup doh.

24 minutes ago, Diesel said:

a guy who wants the ball but is not humble and won't work. 

Gimme the opposite, his name is Onyeka Okongwu and guess what, we got that team guy! Let’s go!

25 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We don't appreciate Clint enough. 

Amen to that! A Capela you ungrateful fcks! :laugh1:

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Bob myers saw this and thought it wasn't worthy of suspension?

I made a thread, go love on it there I don’t get enough Draymond hate love over there but ya boy up!

I got Green KG he mine. I’ll stick him.

• Like 1

I get they wanna act like they're so cerebral that they're above it all or w/e.  And i understand fights happen.  But that's worth discipline.  Not quite a cheap shot but .... yeah that was a cheapy.  They'll explain it away as retaliation for a push.  But that was foul. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I get they wanna act like they're so cerebral that they're above it all or w/e.  And i understand fights happen.  But that's worth discipline.  Not quite a cheap shot but .... yeah that was a cheapy.  They'll explain it away as retaliation for a push.  But that was foul. 

That wasn't a cheap shot. Never initiate violence if you're unprepared for a violent response. Poole learned a lesson many of us learned at an early age. If you put your hands on another person in anger, you better be ready for whatever comes next.

• Like 1