• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Offseason Ramblings

JayBirdHawk

59 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Don't lie kg, you know you liked looking at my buttcrack...

reference. 

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

Ah, you made me look but you still gotta hold that L baybeeee.

51 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Celts add my boy Kab.

Speaking of holding that L, time to accept this guys nowhere near as good as you think he is.

Cmon, don't be 'that guy'.  The one that's wrong but holds on year after year.  You know who 'that guy' is. 

Hey, I held my L on Beal v McCollum.  Shirley you can accept reality on this Kaben-guy. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

:loser: 

Funny about this emo.. a drunk night 20 years ago ended in a friend tried to brand the L on another friends forehead. :er:

Both drunk.. started out funny…then the Ish Smith hit the fan.

:aaa:

The lesson here kids: Don’t get too drunk to the point you feel another individual needs to have YOUR L on their forehead.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/16/2022 at 9:07 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

2019 Draft Class:

Zion Williamson, Ja Morant, Darius Garland have all signed early designated rookie extensions. That's 3 of the top 5. That leaves RJ Barett and Deandre Hunter remaining- will they get early extensions as well? 

Kelton Johnson pick #29 signed a 4yr/$80 mil.

No one else from this 1st round has signed extensions. Nic Claxton 2nd rounder signed 2/$20 mil.

image.png

There is a bit of "one of these things is not like the others" with the top 5 picks.  DH is last by a long shot in every category listed other than RPG versus PG Garland.

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

There is a bit of "one of these things is not like the others" with the top 5 picks.  DH is last by a long shot in every category listed other than RPG versus PG Garland.

image.png

Gift horse...this is a blessing in disguise! Sign the man before he shows out! Don't do the usual Hawk thing and pay a player based on his best year. Pay the man after his worst year. Buy low like Golden State vs buy high like the Knicks

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Gift horse...this is a blessing in disguise! Sign the man before he shows out! Don't do the usual Hawk thing and pay a player based on his best year. Pay the man after his worst year. Buy low like Golden State vs buy high like the Knicks

I'm sure the Hawks would love to.

What is the max you would offer him?

14 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Does it sound like he sending subliminals ? Or am I reading too much into what he’s saying ?

Did you listen to what he said or just read the text?  No subliminal when you listen to it. 

He's just praising Dejounte..

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Did you listen to what he said or just read the text?  No subliminal when you listen to it. 

He's just praising Dejounte..

Yeah I just read the words. Maybe there’s nothing there..

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don’t think we can offer another player a 5 year deal because of Trae and JC.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong 

We can offer a Regular 5 year deal.

Regular Extensions —

• A regular extension of a Rookie Scale Contract may add up to 4 new years to the player’s contract (for a total of 5 years when the remaining year is included, as these contracts can only be extended just before the fourth year of the contract, between the end of the moratorium period in July through the day before the regular season season starts).

Trae is the only player with the DESIGNATED ROOKIE MAX. We can have two such players on this type of extension.

Designated Rookie Scale Player Extension

• A “Designated Rookie Scale Player Extension” adds 5 new years to the player’s Rookie Scale Contract (for a total of 6 years when the remaining year is included). To sign this extension, the player must be a qualifying veteran free agent at the time his Rookie Scale Contract ends. Players signed under this rule must have a first year salary in the extended term of at least 25% of that year’s salary cap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Yeah I just read the words. Maybe there’s nothing there..

Nah, just flow with it.  None of us know if you listened or not.  Just toss some rumors out and cite "sources".  Shiiiii, that's what BSPN does.

The tweet writes itself....

"According to ....... sources with knowledge of Collins' way of thinking, JC wants Young traded and says he and Westbrick chase triple-doubles."

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

5 year 75 Million . 

With a TO in the third year and a PO in the 4th. 

No way he'd sign that.

The $100,000,000 over five years starts at about $17,050,000.  That's a fair starting salary for Hunter if he plays lights out defense and is the 4th option.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, just flow with it.  None of us know if you listened or not.  Just toss some rumors out and cite "sources".  Shiiiii, that's what BSPN does.

The tweet writes itself....

"According to ....... sources with knowledge of Collins' way of thinking, JC wants Young traded and says he and Westbrick chase triple-doubles."

Aaaand… FREE TREZ!!! Even if he free, still find more ways to free him within himself!!! :jab:Grrrrrr 🐯