• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Squawkers go on the record: Predict the highest profile acquisition of the off-season

sturt

• Premium Member

You only get one... no hedging bets here... and we'll grade everyone's paper sometime in July once free agency dies down, right?

Me:

I think some way somehow, Schlenk has his eye on Malcolm Brogdon, and will successfully get 'er done... some way somehow.

• Sad 1

• sturt changed the title to Squawkers go on the record: Predict the highest profile acquisition of the off-season

I don't read the rumor mill articles.  Just gonna guess that we strike out on Ayton, and pay a higher than we wanted price for Gobert.  Tony wants to make a statement this offseason.  Schlenk is under pressure to force something.  

Just be ready for sticker shock on whatever we do.  I think it's a seller's market.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think the ATL/PHX deal centered around Ayton and Capela is most likely. There's a lot of things that just line up.  It makes sense for both teams and is the kind of situation that Ayton is looking for.

I think Lavine is least likely. Unless Chicago balks on his price, there's no reason for him not to go back.

• Like 1

In:

DeAndre Ayton

LaVine

Out:

Collins

Bogi

Capela

Gallo

Resign:

Delon

Summary: Cap gymnastics for both SNT but I don’t believe the LaVine recent smoke about him loving to stay in Chicago. Once free agency hits and Ayton decides on Atlanta then Lavine forces his way too big 3 style. Granted we have to wait until June 30-July 1 for this action.

Edited by theheroatl

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do you seriously think ALL 4 of these are out?

Yes because of the outgoing salary matching. Capela to Phoenix, Collins to Chicago, the others.. meant Huerter and Bogi to 3rd teams. Gallo waived and maybe resign for TMLE.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member

After Golden State won the championship with Draymond Green as their starting center, there is no way that the hawk's 2nd highest paid player will be a 7 foot center.  Lavine is out for multiple reasons...Injury risk, lack of defense, less efficient than JC, cost both in capital to acquire and actual dollar cost. So my prediction is resign Delon Wright and pick up some more value players...Players who are now under valued by the league...This is what I hope at least.

By the way, Lou and Gallo are gone.

• Like 1

I predict Ayton or Gobert will be a Hawk and that a JC trade will be explored but not completed.

Bogi will get traded and lead to Huerter maintaining the starter position without a true challenge. Gallo will be traded or released. Delon Wright will be resigned and and the 16th pick will be the best SG available.

next season’s starting lineup will be:

trae

Huerter

Hunter

JC

Ayton or Gobert

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

I predict Ayton or Gobert will be a Hawk and that a JC trade will be explored but not completed.

Bogi will get traded and lead to Huerter maintaining the starter position without a true challenge. Gallo will be traded or released. Delon Wright will be resigned and and the 16th pick will be the best SG available.

next season’s starting lineup will be:

trae

Huerter

Hunter

JC

Ayton or Gobert

Trae Huerter starting backcourt again?

shannon-sharpe-shay.gif.7201a38b3f13f7e8a2ee871c1cbe003d.gif

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1