• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Squawkers go on the record: Predict the highest profile acquisition of the off-season

sturt

15 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae Huerter starting backcourt again?

shannon-sharpe-shay.gif.7201a38b3f13f7e8a2ee871c1cbe003d.gif

LOL!!!!

Well you have to think…just how many leaps of faith is Schlenk going to take in one off season?…do he really have the guts to make changes?

He stated recently they are not going to do a complete overhaul and only looking for a fix. What I think that means is Schlenk and FO are still looking for the foundation core of players to build around long term along with Trae as the main center piece.

Sure they could push really hard and go after Ivey in the draft trading away core players such as JC and I don’t know maybe Huerter just to get the deal done or make it enticing and at the same time they could still go after Ayton or Gobert by trading away Capela. But let’s say that all actually happens and they complete all these rumored deals…that would be 4 new starters at minimum around Trae including OO.

Even though Schlenk stated no major overhaul will take place publicly. I wouldn’t believe it would be one If he said the opposite publicly.

I think they play a safer risk if there is such a thing by trading away the oldest core member in Capela for a highly predictable soon to be all star in Ayton or go grab Defensive all star juggernaut Gobert and call it a day as that would be the big move of the off season with the rest of the “upgrades” being role players.

Just now, nathan2331 said:

I'll go with Deandre Ayton. That should be a straightforward deal to do if Ayton wants to sign with us.

Agreed. It’s straightforward if he wants to come here and it’s not a major overhaul and a great fit with Trae.

fits exactly what schlenk stated.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I change my answer....  I think we get this player as a cheap pick up with promises of being a starter....

Indiana Pacers: 3 Victor Oladipo Trades Too Good to be True

This will fit the mold of what TS is talking about.

We get Oladipo on the cheap.. let' Gallo's situation play out. (Buy out)... and reup Delon...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, JTB said:

LOL!!!!

Well you have to think…just how many leaps of faith is Schlenk going to take in one off season?…do he really have the guts to make changes?

He stated recently they are not going to do a complete overhaul and only looking for a fix. What I think that means is Schlenk and FO are still looking for the foundation core of players to build around long term along with Trae as the main center piece.

Sure they could push really hard and go after Ivey in the draft trading away core players such as JC and I don’t know maybe Huerter just to get the deal done or make it enticing and at the same time they could still go after Ayton or Gobert by trading away Capela. But let’s say that all actually happens and they complete all these rumored deals…that would be 4 new starters at minimum around Trae including OO.

Even though Schlenk stated no major overhaul will take place publicly. I wouldn’t believe it would be one If he said the opposite publicly.

I think they play a safer risk if there is such a thing by trading away the oldest core member in Capela for a highly predictable soon to be all star in Ayton or go grab Defensive all star juggernaut Gobert and call it a day as that would be the big move of the off season with the rest of the “upgrades” being role players.

one

38 minutes ago, JTB said:

Agreed. It’s straightforward if he wants to come here and it’s not a major overhaul and a great fit with Trae.

fits exactly what schlenk stated.

oh... okay... I see you amended yourself... excellent.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sturt said:

R.6927ab1fa9a776b1799681535e31b2ef?rik=o

The rule is you get ONE. Not a few. ONE.

Who is it? Pick one. ONE.

Don't need your trade ideas. Just need your ONE highest profile acquisition.

Okay?

Okay.

I DID ONE STOP 🛑 YELLIN!!!

I think the obvious place for the Hawks to upgrade and consolidate is on the wing.  I would prefer the team aim higher but I think Malcolm Brogdan is the most likely highish profile acquisition this off-season.

I personally would not invest additional resources in a center unless it was Embiid or Jokic.

On 6/18/2022 at 3:28 PM, Final_quest said:

I don't read the rumor mill articles.  Just gonna guess that we strike out on Ayton, and pay a higher than we wanted price for Gobert.  Tony wants to make a statement this offseason.  Schlenk is under pressure to force something.  

Just be ready for sticker shock on whatever we do.  I think it's a seller's market.  

This is my nightmare scenario. I want NOTHING to do with Goberrated and his ridiculously overinflated contract at 31 years old.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

In : Ayton, Simmons

Out : Capela, JC

I also think we get a 4/72 Extension with Hunter

Use pick 16 to draft/trade for a Huerter/Bogi replacement 

22 hours ago, JTB said:

He stated recently they are not going to do a complete overhaul and only looking for a fix.

He also stated when he arrived that he would not be doing a rebuild -- but a retooling. 

We definitely went through a rebuild.

I like the guy, but I'm aware he knows what people want to hear.

• Like 1