• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Hawks Summer League

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From my experience, any signed around now or later are usually scrubs 

From my experience, nearly everyone who wasn't drafted in the first round who is on a summer league roster is a scrub*.

*  (relative to the NBA level - they could whoop my *** without trying).

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

From my experience, nearly everyone who wasn't drafted in the first round who is on a summer league roster is a scrub*.

*  (relative to the NBA level - they could whoop my *** without trying).

I should have been more specific, summer league level scrubs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I found an article where Grant Golden is addressing this issue.  He stated that only he and another prospect from overseas would be the Big men on the team and is one of the reasons why he chose to play on Atlanta's Summer League team.

https://darik.news/nevada/golden-to-play-in-nba-summer-league-with-atlanta-nvdaily/596736.html

Good find.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

I found an article where Grant Golden is addressing this issue.  He stated that only he and another prospect from overseas would be the Big men on the team and is one of the reasons why he chose to play on Atlanta's Summer League team.

https://darik.news/nevada/golden-to-play-in-nba-summer-league-with-atlanta-nvdaily/596736.html

That means he has a good shot to be our 3rd big!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

So we missing one player who's playing for the SL team, who is that big

I hope we're looking at John Butler. He's raw but kind of intriguing. A couple of years in the G-league and he might get to point where he can contribute at the NBA level

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I hope we're looking at John Butler. He's raw but kind of intriguing. A couple of years in the G-league and he might get to point where he can contribute at the NBA level

Per the article regarding Golden:

Golden said they have been told the Hawks will have another player with similar body makeup to compete in Las Vegas.

“I don’t know who he is, he’s from overseas, but the Hawks have yet another big guy on their roster for the Summer League,” said Golden. “Looks like it’s going to be just me and him. I just felt like [the Hawks] It was the best opportunity in terms of playing time and trying to show what I can do.”

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 8:39 PM, nathan2331 said:

Yeah I’m in this mindset as well.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Somehow someway, I believe Nick Van Exel is destined to be an NBA head coach... just having followed the guy even from his Cincinnati Bearcat days, he's just one of those guys with the temperament, imo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:59 PM, NBASupes said:

Four PGs. Akinjo, Clemons, Cooper, and Etienne. Then again, Coop might not play in summer league. This staff seems to care less about it than others of the past. Bud really cared about it

Joel Ayayi is a name I didn't heard about originally