• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Hawks Summer League

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, skimaskway23 said:

No Jalen Johnson?

Jalen Johnson underwent a non-surgical procedure on his left knee to address tendinitis. He will rehabilitate over the offseason and is expected to make a full recovery in advance of training camp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20220702-143510_Samsung Internet.jpg

Coop/Clemons/Ajayi/Akinjo/Heidigger 

Griffin/Etienne/Georges-Hunt

Martin/Brown

Tillman/Hutchinson/Duruji

Kaba/Golden

Seems like a tryout at PG behind Coop since Barber is likely moving on to Europe. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't look bad switching on here: 

He's out for the entire summer. Surgery. 

Happens to all of our picks it seems.. smh

Hopefully this years class can stay healthy..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Can Tillman be a high energy,defensive big that also brings a low post presence at the end of the bench? 

Plausible. I hope he gets a training camp invite to see if he can earn that. And it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Brown would impress enough to earn a minimum contract... which in turn would create a 2-way opening.

As a Georgetown fan, I’ll recommend folks not sleep on Akinjo, either. If given minutes, I can see him really performing well in SL.

Strong ballhandler and scorer. Not a ton of size but plays big on both ends. Just a gamer. 

I would not at all be surprised if he became an NBA rotation guy in 2-3 years.

• Like 2

• Admin

As always remember that summer league doesn't mean anything but giving the rooks some burn and for us to get a first glimpse.

If they do well its expected... this is basically street ball... if they don't well it can be a concern or just getting back into bball shape.

Just an opportunity to watch some basketball ... otherwise it has no repercussions

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

As always remember that summer league doesn't mean anything but giving the rooks some burn and for us to get a first glimpse.

If they do well its expected... this is basically street ball... if they don't well it can be a concern or just getting back into bball shape.

Just an opportunity to watch some basketball ... otherwise it has no repercussions

It means something to the coaches but training camp is the ultimate evaluator.

• Like 1