• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022 Hawks Summer League

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

As always remember that summer league doesn't mean anything but giving the rooks some burn and for us to get a first glimpse.

If they do well its expected... this is basically street ball... if they don't well it can be a concern or just getting back into bball shape.

Just an opportunity to watch some basketball ... otherwise it has no repercussions

Gives the coaches a chance to see guys doing specific things on the court.  The problem is that may or may not translate to a great performance from a fans' perspective.

Which, as you allude to, is why all SL results should be taken with the largest grain of salt possible. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

He balled out last Summer, didn't make much difference to Nate. Why waste his legs again (I know he is injured, but even if he wasn't)

NBA players ball alot at open runs during the summer.. Its not like their just sitting around doing nothing... lol.

And Nate sees these guys at training camp with REAL NBA players...Hes not playing guys based on SL..

I just wanna see him out there showing out.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

NBA players ball alot at open runs during the summer.. Its not like their just sitting around doing nothing... lol.

And Nate sees these guys at training camp with REAL NBA players...Hes not playing guys based on SL..

I just wanna see him out there showing out.. lol

I think we are saying the same thing, which is there is no real benefit for him to play in SL other than our own personal entertainment.

Even if healthy, there is nothing more he can prove by balling out again if, to your point, it's not against NBA players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The top rookies that played out West so far seemed to have played well.  Murray and Holmgren

...but Who is this big boy?

Made a quirk about him not being Kenny Lofton ⚾️‘S son.. he bullied Chet good tho 😂 

Let’s work..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfuisDVvm9J/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The top rookies that played out West so far seemed to have played well.  Murray and Holmgren

Kenneth Lofton Jr. Classic bruising power forward with a decent shooting stroke. I love this kid. He played on an Olympic team a year or so ago and was one of the best players on a team with Holmgren and Ivey. He still needs to trim the baby fat but I really want to see him succeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

Kenneth Lofton Jr. Classic bruising power forward with a decent shooting stroke. I love this kid. He played on an Olympic team a year or so ago and was one of the best players on a team with Holmgren and Ivey. He still needs to trim the baby fat but I really want to see him succeed.

If you could combine his body with Chet, you’d prolly get the average American. 

-Jack Handey  (deep thoughts 💭) 🤔 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's the new Round Mound of Rebound. 

😈

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

That's the new Round Mound of Rebound. 

😈

You (we) are really asking for it. Luckily the Sturty one is on that 3 hour nap 😴 thing.

Big O ✔️ 

Round mound ✔️ 

The glove 🧤 (mitten) 🤔? Who next? :huh:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hawkman said:

He's a walking Bucket...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

He's a walking Bucket...

Lofton Jr is the classic case of a guy being underrated because of his body.

He can flat out play basketball. Glad he is succeeding so far. Memphis has yet another grit and grind type on their hands. Dude is aggressive and confident.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lofton Jr is the classic case of a guy being underrated because of his body.

He can flat out play basketball. Glad he is succeeding so far. Memphis has yet another grit and grind type on their hands. Dude is aggressive and confident.

I think the only thing in question about him is his defense.   Offensively, he's going to score at will.   He's similar to a young Barkley in that respect.  He can still stand to lose some weight, I'm sure he's heard that all of his life and has overcome.   BUT... on this level, he has to play defense too.   I see Memphis has already opened the coffers for him, I think he will probably be the most successful undrafted player in decades.