• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

59 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The player he really reminds me of is Iso Joe. He's not quite as laterally good as Joe was but he uses his body and scores the same way. 

I can rock with that but I think he’s a better spot up shooter than Joe 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was much older went he came into the NBA 

No doubt. But Warren was just about as crafty of a scorer as gets.  With Griffin, while he could develop in that direction skillwise, on this team I think we'll mainly be asking him to shoot, cut to the basket and attack closeouts. With how heavily we rely on PnR, we don't need a SF to create that much for themselves. If he can get to the point where he can effectively defend guards, then sure a wider skillset could be utilized in more lineups because we wouldn't have to pidgeonhole him at SF.

2 hours ago, shakes said:

his documented history of knee problems dating back to high school.   Nothing major so far, but apparently he's had at least 3 knee injuries between high school and college.     That's never a good sign and is the reason he was stll on the board when we picked.

1 serious Knee injury.  and 2 ankle injuries that caused him problems I believe.  It's also misleading because one occurred during Covid and he may not have missed the entire season.

Edited by marco102

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Of course, he technically doesn't have to do anything beyond his basic job description. We're only paying him a quarter billion dollars.

So it's in his job description to post on social media to welcome someone?  That's weird man.  A call is what a leader would do, not post on social media and keep it moving.

Edited by marco102

18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Or just enjoying his new baby.

Doesn't have to be on social media to welcome someone.

Nah I doubt it cause he tweeted this …..

say what you want but he was definitely paying attention and he’s made it a habit to welcome the new rookies once they are drafted. He’s been doing that since he’s been in the nba. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

So it's in his job description to post on social media to welcome someone?  That's weird man.  A call is what a leader would do, not post on social media and keep it moving.

It’s a different era. So a leader in this generation does both.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Nah I doubt it cause he tweeted this …..

say what you want but he was definitely paying attention and he’s made it a habit to welcome the new rookies once they are drafted. He’s been doing that since he’s been in the nba. 

It’s a different era. So a leader in this generation does both.

Just think y'all be looking for drama.

None of us know if he called him or not, but to sit here and say he's upset about Murray is crazy to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, marco102 said:

Just think y'all be looking for drama.

None of us know if he called him or not, but to sit here and say he's upset about Murray is crazy to me.

Well that didn’t come from me and I don’t believe it. I think the opposite. I believe AJ may be apart of the Murray deal. I don’t think anyone is upset.

38 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Of course, he technically doesn't have to do anything beyond his basic job description. We're only paying him a quarter billion dollars.

I guarantee you roll your eyes at young folks "communicating" via social media rather than a call or a handshake.

But now yer going at the guy for not doing the stupid 'welcome' post?  Cmon, bleach.