• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Listened to the Press Conference this morning....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Hey Squawk..

Would you hire Adrian Griffin Sr. as Top Assistant Coach?  Has there ever been a Father/Son ...Coach/Player relationship in the NBA?

•  
    Assistant Basketball Coach

• Oklahoma City Thunder logo
     2yrs 

• Orlando Magic logo

Chicago Bulls logo
  • Sep 2010 - Jun 2015 · 4 yrs 10 mos
  • Milwaukee Bucks Inc. logo
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Stevie Wonder could tell you this team needed to add toughness more than anything else.   Doing that with 2 rookies is not the answer.  It could help, but they're going to need VETERAN toughness to turn this team of soft a** b*****es around.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Diesel said:

One of the things that kept coming to my mind though... was... So when does Schlenk hire Adrian Griffin to be our Top Assistant...

I would be open to adding Griffin.  Ideally, if you do that it isn't a situation where you are bringing in a relative of the player to make the player happy which is how you end up with underqualified people on college coaching staffs, etc.  Instead, you hope it is the opposite where he wouldn't normally consider the Hawks but would be eager to come now for the chance to be with his son.  

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

I would be open to adding Griffin.  Ideally, if you do that it isn't a situation where you are bringing in a relative of the player to make the player happy which is how you end up with underqualified people on college coaching staffs, etc.  Instead, you hope it is the opposite where he wouldn't normally consider the Hawks but would be eager to come now for the chance to be with his son.  

Yeah. I don't know how the relationship will work being that it's never been done before..

But Griffin Sr..  (Even if he didn't have Griffin Jr.) is a worthy candidate.  His resume' is good.  He has put in about 10 yrs of coaching from the assistant side.  I just wonder if he has offensive genius because that's what we need.  IF he was top assistant in Toronto for the last 4 years, he also has championship experience.  That's something that Nate doesn't have. 

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, shakes said:

Stevie Wonder could tell you this team needed to add toughness more than anything else.   Doing that with 2 rookies is not the answer.  It could help, but they're going to need VETERAN toughness to turn this team of soft a** b*****es around.

Well, our best player is as tough as they come.   JC too.  Clint too.  I would like to see us get one player who is not a nice guy. One guy who's presence suggest You don't want Drama (8 Ball MJG)...

On 6/28/2022 at 12:27 AM, Diesel said:

Hey Squawk..

Would you hire Adrian Griffin Sr. as Top Assistant Coach?  Has there ever been a Father/Son ...Coach/Player relationship in the NBA?

Experience

•  
    Assistant Basketball CoachAssistant Basketball Coach
    Toronto Raptors Jun 2018 - Present · 4 yrs 1 mo Toronto, Ontario, Canada

• Oklahoma City Thunder logo
    Oklahoma City Thunder Jul 2016 - 2018  2yrs Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

• Orlando Magic logo
    Orlando Magic Jun 2015 - 2016 · 1 yr.

Chicago Bulls logo
  • Assistant Basketball Coach
    Chicago Bulls Sep 2010 - Jun 2015 · 4 yrs 10 mosSep 2010 - Jun 2015 · 4 yrs 10 mos
  • Milwaukee Bucks Inc. logo
    Milwaukee Bucks Inc. Sep 2008 - Jul 2010 · 1 yr 11 mos

I would give Adrian a try and (Doc Rivers/Austin Rivers) but I'm not sure about assistant.

• Like 1

Big question now:  With the mega trade finished, will these new Hawks get any playing time?  Remember, these two promise great offense and great defense!  

🥰

• Like 1