• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Dejounte Murray (Woj)

NBASupes

Excellent move.  I like Kevin and Bogi but they can’t come close to rivaling his two way impact.  Doesn’t shy away from contact even at his slim frame and combines his length with footwork excellently.  He’ll kill alongside Delon.  His style of play would yield a similar on/ off impact as Delon did in the playoffs hinging upon a considerable bump in FT and three point shooting:

75C52F56-E620-4675-A536-433D9896885C.thumb.jpeg.1ad6ab86da7f45ce5957c96a36924464.jpeg

Beside Clint his steals could go even above 2 as he funnels his man into a paint trap.

I haven’t watched him enough to know if and how he screens but his assisted numbers throughout his career show he’s likely a willing cutter.  Hawks need all the well-timed movement off the ball they can get.  I posted his shot chart earlier this season and it’s rock solid in terms of variety.  Old school, total floor approach.

He’s been a clear plus for his team on defense since his sophomore season, always finishing well below the Spurs’ middling rating. Just a bad time to lose our shooting coach, as his eFG ain’t nothing to write home about.  Takes a good percentage of his threes from the corner but shoots even worse from there.   All in all I can live with the middling efficiency if he’s energetic off ball, takes only open threes with offensive boarding in place, and stays unpredictable to the defense.  

Very good career assist to turn at 2.52:1 as a combo guard.  Historically has played 26% at the 2 but only 8% last season, the adjustment is something to watch.  A dunk from the PG position always provides spark no matter how seldom.  23 total last year is respectable for his size and all the attention he got.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

We need to doing an extension with him right now. His ext is reasonable right now. 

I don't think he is extension eligible as yet. And I don't think he would extend. Not with the cap rising, he'd want a new contract with the new cap.

Welcome Mr Murray!!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think he is extension eligible as yet. And I don't think he would extend. Not with the cap rising, he'd want a new contract with the new cap.

Welcome Mr Murray!!!

The avatar!!!! Bam 💥!!! Burd all in! :laugh1: YESSSSS!!!

Good lookin guy! 👀 Dejounte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol sorry this was Eddie btw. Thought I typed that. 🤔 

@kg01 your thoughts? Hit us? Or did you it’s like 25 pages long I may have missed it.

I been in witness protection.  🥸

Plus me and @JayBirdHawk gonna fite over Murray.  I still contend I was on Murray first.   Come at me, burdiiii!!! 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol sorry this was Eddie btw. Thought I typed that. 🤔 

@kg01 your thoughts? Hit us? Or did you it’s like 25 pages long I may have missed it.

Also, Eddi talked about the Hawks' next moves.  Said he can speak on Ayton and the fact that ATL has what PHX needs/wants in a SnT.  He spoke very knowingly, TIFWIW. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Huge acquisition

He has a strong voice I hope he isn’t afraid to use it as a leader being the new guy to an established core.

I was tripping off the clip where he didn’t dunk on a breakaway.  Then he promptly beat Ja’s sh%t on the return fast break and it all made sense lol.  Great feel.

Would love to see him put on about 7 or 8 more pounds.

Crawdawg was my dude so I’m loving that connection as well.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Also, Eddi talked about the Hawks' next moves.  Said he can speak on Ayton and the fact that ATL has what PHX needs/wants in a SnT.  He spoke very knowingly, TIFWIW. 

Yup heard it as well …almost sounds like he knows the framework of a potential deal.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha yup he said the Hawks “have that”.. aka JC and Huerter? Ya he did. 

• Like 2