Welcome to Atlanta, Dejounte Murray (Woj)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Ok this is a great move. I have questions about how Murray and Trae will coexist but regardless of fit trading Gallo and a few picks that figure to be mid rounders for Murray is a no brainer and a fleecing. 

Honestly if I'm a San Antonio fan I am LIVID. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, High5 said:

Excited to have a talented defender and playmaker next to Trae. Not thrilled will the 3 picks + swap for a guy that can't really shoot and will be due a big contract in a couple of years. I appreciate that Schlenk made a big move, though. Hope it works out and there's more to come. 

Well we have a 2 yr trial to see if it works or not...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, theheroatl said:

There is so much to love about this.. Elite rebounder for a combo guard, elite steal percentage with his wingspan...

So much off-ball pressure too with with his slashing/driving and Trae spot up.

He can play the 2, and you gotta figure he will take 99% of the *backup PG minutes when available to play. This could work.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I haven't seen it mentioned, so I will mention it here:

Trae = Steph.

Murray = Klay

Hunter = Iguodala

XXXX = Green

Clint = Bogut...

Are we liken ourselves to the 73 win Warriors?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope! We need to let this die.

Just be the 2022 Hawks.

Not saying exactly...  but in the form of...

Steph is not a convention PG.. but he can..   Now, I don't expect Trae to be a conventional PG... I think he will play off ball a lot because he's money from three (corner three). 

4 hours ago, Alex said:

What are the Spurs doing here? They need youthful players and they traded away their only star.

Rumor is there are several HS players that are freakishly good at guard coming through the draft over the next few years. They are going complete rebuild and an almost 26 year old late blooming guard is not on that timeline. I am sure the Spurs knew Murray would be miserable in lotto land for a few years. I respect their haul from Murray and allowing him to go to a future contender.

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Honestly if I'm a San Antonio fan I am LIVID. 

They don’t seem to sweat it too tough from what I’ve read.  They like all the draft capital and cap space that they won’t find anyone worth spending it upon.

They knew they weren’t going anywhere with him (a tweener who can’t shoot with mediocre vision) as the man.  He’ll be much better as a secondary option but his championship value is realized as a third usage leader.  He’s around Jrue level without the size to hold up physically defending big wings but with much better ability to draw defenders.

They have high hopes for Joshua Primo being some poor man’s SGA.   I can’t see it in his college nor por numbers.  Boy the expectations there have fallen off a cliff from the Tim and Manu days.

Edited by benhillboy