• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Filling out the roster

sturt

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s a @kg01 dude. Where is he right now I lost track? OKC? They won’t use him at all. Or shouldn’t.

Don't let stu trip you up.  He has an unnatural obsession with Thunder players.  That's why he's all over Favors - incidentally I've not really been a huge fan of his.  Just a guy at this point.

And @sturt, I think favors would most likely end up in UTA for his final years. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Don't let stu trip you up.  He has an unnatural obsession with Thunder players.

Don't listen to him. The man has never been to a flea market, and has no idea of how to bargain hunt... and has rejected one of the better NBA flea markets out there just because the roster as a whole is so young and so rag-tag that it hasn't accomplished anything.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

And @sturt, I think favors would most likely end up in UTA for his final years. 

So, you work for an employer for a number of years. And they disappointed you once, and you ended up with another employer. You gave them some grace, though, and when they made the most attractive offer next time you were available, you re-enlisted. And almost immediately after you did so, they once again pulled the proverbial rug from beneath you.

You wanna go back there?

Or you would you prefer your hometown, and in fact, the place you still call home?

Talk to me, Derrick.

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Don't listen to him. The man has never been to a flea market, and has no idea of how to bargain hunt... and has rejected one of the better NBA flea markets out there just because the roster as a whole is so young and so rag-tag that it hasn't accomplished anything.

So, you work for an employer for a number of years. And they disappointed you once, and you ended up with another employer. You gave them some grace, though, and when they made the most attractive offer next time you were available, you re-enlisted. And almost immediately after you did so, they once again pulled the proverbial rug from beneath you.

You wanna go back there?

Or you would you prefer your hometown, and in fact, the place you still call home?

Talk to me, Derrick.

image.gif.1ee31853b7d7e1c399aade84aa73c732.gif

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.1ee31853b7d7e1c399aade84aa73c732.gif

Oooooooooooooooooo.

So sorry.

There's a rule against using the same GIF more than once within a 24 hour period.

Your GiF of the Month nomination has been rescinded for overuse.

Next time, if you've got something to say, say it. 😉

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

With the way the DL guys played in game 1, they have an uphill battle to make the roster moving forward. 

Not saying any of them will make the NBA roster, but It's 1 game, 1 Summer League game...not much to glean from it as the entire team looked like a collection of players rather than a team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not saying any of them will make the NBA roster, but It's 1 game, 1 Summer League game...not much to glean from it as the entire team looked like a collection of players rather than a team. 

I disagree. SL is a serious predictor of how our season will go. 
Have the Hawks ever won a championship after having a bad game in SL? No, they have not. Can’t dispute facts. 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I disagree. SL is a serious predictor of how our season will go. 
Have the Hawks ever won a championship after having a bad game in SL? No, they have not. Can’t dispute facts. 

You on one today. Love it!:laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

So, Mo's going to be considered the 3rd 4... not totally unexpected.

Landry Fields per https://www.nba.com/news/qa-hawks-gm-landry-fields-dishes-on-dejounte-murray-more-offseason-changes

With Moe, he’s a guy that plays hard and gives us depth at the four. It’s helpful in that regard. He’s a vet. He’s got great character and we like what he brings to the locker room. He’s not the most outgoing guy, but enough so that we feel there’s an impact there, too.”

I like it, but you can't look at the last couple of years of stats and not be sober to the distinct possibility that Mo isn't the Mo who was a significant asset in Portland.

I take this to definitively mean we shouldn't expect Kaminsky and another post player (to be determined... Bruno or otherwise)... and we seem to be on the cusp (finally) of learning whether or not it's Kaminsky or... pending someone revealing whether his contract is guaranteed.

• Premium Member
On 7/8/2022 at 3:48 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

PG: Young (37.0), A. Holiday (1.8), Cooper (1.5 QO)
SG: Murray (16.5), Bogi (18),  Shaundee: 2W (.5 2W)
SF: Hunter (9.8), J. Holiday (6.2) Griffin (3.5),
PF: Collins (23.5), Johnson (2.7), Mo Harkless (4.5)
C - Capela (18.7), Okongwu (6.3) Kaminsky (1.8)

TOTAL Guaranteed Salary = $150.4 million

I think we'll sign another wing.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we'll sign another wing.

Think a reunion with DeAndre Bembry makes sense?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found that he tore is ACL and MCL back in March.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33493950/sources-milwaukee-bucks-fear-deandre-bembry-done-season-knee-injury

Hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

Edited by ATLHawks3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Has there always been a 14 requirement?  I was thinking 13 was the min and 15 the max at one point. 

That was what I'd thought, too.

Since this was published in 2017, I assume it was updated about that time.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/12/hoops-rumors-glossary-nba-roster-limits.html

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

It definitely changed in the past but I don't see immediate search results pinpointing when.  sturt is probably correct.  Here is the current rule I see:

While individual teams are only required to carry a minimum of 14 players (13 active and one inactive, or 12 active and two inactive), the NBA also guarantees a league-wide average of at least 14.5 players per team (not including Two-Way players), however the average must be under 14.5 in two consecutive seasons for a violation to occur. If a violation occurs, then for the remaining seasons under the CBA the requirements for the number of players on teams' Inactive Lists increases by one.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q79

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

We are currently 200K over the Luxury Tax with 13 guaranteed players:

PG: Young (37.0), A. Holiday (1.8), Cooper (1.5 QO)
SG: Murray (16.5), Bogi (18),  Brown (0.5 2W)
SF: Hunter (9.8), J. Holiday (6.2) Griffin (3.5),
PF: Collins (23.5), Johnson (2.7), Mo Harkless (4.5)
😄 Capela (18.7), Okongwu (6.3) Kaminsky (1.8)

TOTAL Guaranteed Salary = $150.4 million

SC: $123.6 million
LT: $150.2million

• Thanks 1

When does the NBA set the salary cap?

When does the date come where teams are over or under the cap?

Young, at $37 is taking up a lot of that total isn't he.  Yet, we pay it or we lose him.

🧑‍🔧

• Thanks 1