• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not available to look closely at the numbers but my quick calculations:

If we're trading for Ayton ($30.5) sending out Capela ($18.7) to Suns and Bogi ($18 mil) to a 3rd team (say to OKC 😀 for Favors or Green). What does that look like.

Edit....in any Ayton trade since it's a SnT we can't exceed the hard cap of ~$156 million. So if after all the trades and at 14 players to start the season...We'd then need to remove $8 mil in salary plus sign a minimum to get under the LT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Edit....in any Ayton trade since it's a SnT we can't exceed the hard cap of ~$156 million. So if after all the trades and at 14 players to start the season...We'd then need to remove $8 mil in salary plus sign a minimum to get under the LT.

Anyone actually find out the real reason between the Ayton/Monty feud there at the end? Worried Ayton could be a ME guy. Capela is a WE guy. Stand pat. (I think).

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, sturt said:

2022-07-12_09-56-54.png

The revised NBA Luxury tax threshold is now $150.2 million.

So we are $2.7 over the LT. Trade Harkless and we clear it.

Edit: Trae is at $37.0 mill. Salary cap is $123.6 mil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Because of the requirement to keep the roster at 14 minimum as a rule (can be less for up to two weeks' time), seems indeed you'd have to say goodbye to one or more of your non-minimum contracts.

What does this comment have to do with moving JC to be under the luxury tax?  I was speaking specifically to Supes about his comment.

I understand the minimum roster requirement.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae is at $37.0 mill.

(Good catch. I'd updated on one spreadsheet, but not the other.)

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What does this comment have to do with moving JC to be under the luxury tax?  I was speaking specifically to Supes about his comment.

I understand the minimum roster requirement.

Sorry. I'd missed the context of the conversation, then.

• Like 2

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I've already given up on another major move. This is the team we have and we will focus on the improvements that Murray brings to the team. Hope we can stay healthy and our young guys see improvement with whatever playing time they get. 

I'm happy with the team.   Murray should be a big improvement and a healthy Bogi is (still) a huge key to our success.   If Holiday can bring some 3&D intensity then that helps tons too.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

I'm happy with the team.   Murray should be a big improvement and a healthy Bogi is (still) a huge key to our success.   If Holiday can bring some 3&D intensity then that helps tons too.  

I really like the Murray addition. Everyone is focusing on how he helps Trae, but I think he helps JC so much more. 

And the Huerter + Gallo trades open up the 6th man role to Bogi (exactly where he should be given injury history).

Our team is structured to have our 2 All Stars improve the level of play for our whole team. If everything goes correctly, I can see either JC or Capela being our third All Star this year.  

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'd also say that there were a bunch of us on here who wanted to do two things this summer.   Get a better starting wing and upgrade the vets on the bench.   I'd say mission accomplished.   It will be interesting to see if this was enough.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd also say that there were a bunch of us on here who wanted to do two things this summer.   Get a better starting wing and upgrade the vets on the bench.   I'd say mission accomplished.   It will be interesting to see if this was enough.  

I think our bench got significantly worse. Losing Delon and replacing him with A. Holiday is a major downgrade, Gallo to Harkless is a downgrade and J. Holiday is a worse option than Huerter. I don't it'll tank our season, but I do think we'll have a worse performing bench if our we can't get major contributions from Griffin and Johnson.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I think our bench got significantly worse. Losing Delon and replacing him with A. Holiday is a major downgrade, Gallo to Harkless is a downgrade and J. Holiday is a worse option than Huerter. I don't it'll tank our season, but I do think we'll have a worse performing bench if our we can't get major contributions from Griffin and Johnson.

The way i look at it is 

Huerter > Murray - big upgrade

Bogi still the same and hopefully not dealing with knee all year +

Delon i agree is a loss but having Murray starting and playing when Trae isn't should mitigate that.  Rotations of Trae/Murray, Murray/Bogi, Trae/Bogi are really solid

Gallo > Harkless/Frank - yeah no matter what this is a big loss but if JC/Capela stay healthy that will help.  More minutes from OO and JJ should also help a lot. 

Lou/TLC/Dieng > Holiday/Holiday/Frank is an upgrade 

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The way i look at it is 

Delon i agree is a loss but having Murray starting and playing when Trae isn't should mitigate that.  Rotations of Trae/Murray, Murray/Bogi, Trae/Bogi are really solid

Gallo > Harkless/Frank - yeah no matter what this is a big loss but if JC/Capela stay healthy that will help.  More minutes from OO and JJ should also help a lot. 

I guess my concerns have more to do with how we're gonna mitigate any injuries. If Bogi is out, now we're basically relying on J. Holiday and Griffin to provide any shooting coming off the bench. It's not impossible JJ gets comfortable and shoots well this season, but I'm not expecting that from him. Tyrese Martin may prove a useful end of the bench option for us, but I do think overall our bench is lacking. Fully healthy we won't have an issue, but if anybody goes down, I think we're gonna be in trouble.

Imagine Hunter is out, we've got no serious wing defense behind him outside of a 33 year old Holiday. I expect Griffin to need to be hidden on defense until he shows some progression. Murray is a great defender obviously, but he can only guard one player. We are weaker in this area compared to where we started last year where we had Huerter and Reddish as options. Like I said, Griffin and JJ could be the solution to the issues I'm pointing out, but that's asking a lot.

30 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The way i look at it is 

I think your ">" are facing the wrong way.

Because as presented you are saying Kevin Huerter is better than Murray.

Alligator always eats the bigger amount.

Huerter < Murray - Big Upgrade? 

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I think your ">" are facing the wrong way.

Because as presented you are saying Kevin Huerter is better than Murray.

Alligator always eats the bigger amount.

Hurter < Murray - Big Upgrade? 

They're using ">" as an arrow, not making a greater than or lesser than comparison. I gues "->" or "→" would be clearer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 7/9/2022 at 12:37 PM, Wurider05 said:

Okay when he signs that contract he better shut the hell up about needing help. He and Beal both know what they are signing up for. Both are extremely overpaid and will ask for a trade as soon as the ink dries on their contracts. These owners are going to rip them a new one when the CBA talks start up again. I think that they are going to have the support of the casual and die hard NBA fans this time around. 

I had ESPN on in the background the other day and they were discussing the Durant saga.  One of the analysts brought this up specifically and Windhorst shot it down.  He said that from his conversations, this isn't something the owners are talking about.  Like, they don't care enough to press the issue to the point where it would hinder negotiations.  I wasn't following along closely enough, but from the way Windhorst was talking, this is expected to be a non-issue for the new CBA.

8 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I had ESPN on in the background the other day and they were discussing the Durant saga.  One of the analysts brought this up specifically and Windhorst shot it down.  He said that from his conversations, this isn't something the owners are talking about.  Like, they don't care enough to press the issue to the point where it would hinder negotiations.  I wasn't following along closely enough, but from the way Windhorst was talking, this is expected to be a non-issue for the new CBA.

Teams will continue to make Faustian bargains to get a star, regardless of the CBA. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

I guess my concerns have more to do with how we're gonna mitigate any injuries. If Bogi is out, now we're basically relying on J. Holiday and Griffin to provide any shooting coming off the bench. It's not impossible JJ gets comfortable and shoots well this season, but I'm not expecting that from him. Tyrese Martin may prove a useful end of the bench option for us, but I do think overall our bench is lacking. Fully healthy we won't have an issue, but if anybody goes down, I think we're gonna be in trouble.

Imagine Hunter is out, we've got no serious wing defense behind him outside of a 33 year old Holiday. I expect Griffin to need to be hidden on defense until he shows some progression. Murray is a great defender obviously, but he can only guard one player. We are weaker in this area compared to where we started last year where we had Huerter and Reddish as options. Like I said, Griffin and JJ could be the solution to the issues I'm pointing out, but that's asking a lot.

I look at it as last year we basically didn't have anything when someone was hurt.  Essentially whenever Bogi, Kev, Hunter or JC got hurt those minutes went to TLC and that's it.  At least now we have Holiday now and i expect Frank the Tank to give us more than Dieng did last year.  

But ultimately, as everyone says, the key is having our top 7 guys healthy.   And seeing contributions from some young uns.

• Like 2