• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PAC 💭’s

Wonda why dey call ya b!tch-pac! I WONDA!!!!!

Jeremy Lin: I didn't like a lot of the side effects of Linsanity

i_d9_ed_04_jeremy-lin.png?w=190

Jeremy Lin wasn’t the first Asian-American to play in the NBA but he was by far the most prominent and noteworthy and the sociological impact of his NBA career has been hugely significant. It’s worth pausing for a second, though, to imaging being the human being at the centre of all that. It wasn’t easy at the time and it’s been something that Lin has had to learn to live with since. “I think for me as a person, it’s been an evolution from trying to run away from it because I felt like I didn’t like a lot of the side effects of Linsanity,” he explained. “Some family issues that it caused, all the privacy that was taken away from me overnight, and the paparazzi chasing down me and my family and my friends… just a lot of scary things that had happened.”

Top Rumors, Linsanity, Jeremy Lin

Jeremy Lin: “There were also just the expectations of the world, almost turning me into some type of superhero. I became this phenomenon and I felt like I lost my humanity in the middle of it. Then eventually, I started to understand racism at a better level, at a deeper level. For so long, I tried to run from being ‘the Asian basketball player’, I just wanted to be a great basketball player – because my whole life, everyone was just talking about [my ethnicity]. I just wanted people to talk about my basketball skills for once, so as I started to run from that, I started to really open my perspective, seeing what racism really does and how embedded it is and how deep it is.”

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Like the middle of a ding dong dark? :scratch:

Zion Williamson on the criticism over his weight: 'I was in dark places at times'

i_fe_b6_f6_zion-williamson.png?w=190

Zion Williamson is out of shape, they said (albeit in much harsher terms). Zion isn’t committed to the game. Zion isn’t committed to New Orleans. Zion is detached from his teammates. The physical recovery was hard enough. The negativity was suffocating. “I was in dark places at times,” Williamson says, “because I couldn’t play basketball. I could only do limited rehab things. And then just seeing how the world reacted? It took a lot. It did a lot on my spirit.”

Next step for Draymond: Murder; he’s flat out gonna kill somebody. 

Warriors response: Oh, that pesky little stabbing, that was warranted because… he’s earned the right because…

#strike7 #draymondcellmate #bighercgetstodraymond

@shakes

Theres only ☝🏿 Spud…

Spud cut his head bald
Then you wanna cut yo head bald (you p- n-)
Spud wear a bandanna
You wan' wear a bandanna (what do we have here now?)
Spud put a cross on his back
You wanna put crosses on yo back

Spud gets kicked off FakeGM

You go and get kicked off FakeGM 
N- you ain't Spud - this Spud

💗 

Edited by Spud2nique