• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One remaining NBA roster spot! Which position would you fill and why?

JayBirdHawk

Which of these spots?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Leave it open.  There are a lot of pretty good players in the G League that are not under the control of any NBA team that can be grabbed when there is a need, due to injury.  All positions.  They are active, playing all the time.  Therefore, they are ready to play that day!  Or it could be one of our own G League players!

🧑‍🔧

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

The only role Sap still helps has been filled by Korver.

To answer the question, if I can't have Simmons, trade for Theis.  Smart big, 6 fouls.  Could help.

Quote me like a man. Don’t talk to me as I’m leaving. :aaa:

Is Korver suiting up? No? Will he be in the locker room? No!

Y’all Int got no love for Sap? Comon now.

We mustn’t forget our own history.

• Premium Member

Regardless of whether Kaminsky's contract is guaranteed, I'm officially and genuinely concerned that we don't have enough beef down low.

So, I'm back to waiting out OKC to see if they part with Derrick Favors.

They're 3 over the 15-man limit as it is, and of course, he's a prime buy-out candidate.

But no kidding, Bruno's a viable option as well.

Good arguments for either one.

• Like 1

I can’t believe the disrespect for Paul Millsap. 🤦‍♀️ Ya’ll know the 15th man barely play if at all. We need him to keep people in check and teach them the professional way of going about things.

Shame on your people. Just 6 years ago we were lovin on him. We need a mentor for the guys, every team has one nowadays.

He has ties with us. Again, we aren’t looking for 20 minutes a night otherwise I wouldn’t want this either. DNP.. 2-5 minutes a night.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, sturt said:

Regardless of whether Kaminsky's contract is guaranteed, I'm officially and genuinely concerned that we don't have enough beef down low.

So, I'm back to waiting out OKC to see if they part with Derrick Favors.

They're 3 over the 15-man limit as it is, and of course, he's a prime buy-out candidate.

But no kidding, Bruno's a viable option as well.

Good arguments for either one.

The OKC Thunder need a restraining order on you. :ninja:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I can’t believe the disrespect for Paul Millsap. 🤦‍♀️ Ya’ll know the 15th man barely play if at all. We need him to keep people in check and teach them the professional way of going about things.

Shame on your people. Just 6 years ago we were lovin on him. We need a mentor for the guys, every team has one nowadays.

He has ties with us. Again, we aren’t looking for 20 minutes a night otherwise I wouldn’t want this either. DNP.. 2-5 minutes a night.

I wouldn't say no. I think you're on the right track, actually. I just think Favors offers all the intangible qualities, and still has, not just some, but a lot of tread left on his tires.

If we went for Bruno, it would be pivoted on signing him for a 2 year contract at or near minimum, plus a third year team option.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sturt said:

tumblr_mkrb1gyc1g1r90ooxo1_400.gif

Seems like a perfect time to restate my unpopular opinion on the 3 stooges .... worst, most overrated comedies(sic) of all time.  What TF did people think was supposed to be funny back then?

"Hehe, haha ..  lemme poke yous in tha eye .... nyuk, nyuk .... why I oughta!!"

Who thinks that's funny?  I get visibly upset about this, oddly enough.  It's stupid.  Un. Freaking. Watchable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

6 years is a long time in basketball, sun.  Just 6 years ago, kg was grabbin rim on these fools.  Nowadays I'm lucky to get net and I'm terrified at what might pop off upon landing. 

(Sadface emoji)

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

To the original question, here's the premise I consider pivotal...

Are you looking to fill out the roster so you have adequate reinforcements across the board in case of injuries....

Or, are you looking still to have an impact on most games?

If the former, then go get yourself some more low post beef--you'll be especially glad you did come post-season. My preferences,.. nyuk, nyuk, nyuk... are on the record.

If the latter, then the most vivid weakness in the rotation is that right now you almost have no alternative but to play DejounTrae until the wheels fall off night after night after night; and, practically speaking, that means by covering as much of the 48 minute game as possible with at least one of the two on the court, you inherently reduce the minutes they play together. What's needed if that's the objective is a credible PG/SG.

This is why adding Micic would have been so ideal--he would have been a credible PG to allow them more minutes together, even while also being a credible SG who could play with either as well.

I really don't see any legit options out there.

A Jordan Clarkson might fit, but I can't imagine a trade package that would tempt both us and Utah. A Russell Westbrook might get cut by the Lakers at some point, but I can't imagine that's a drama that the FO would be willing to embrace even if he had interest to come. A Ty Jerome might fit, and you could probably trade Mo Harkless straight-up for him, no problem, but would he actually be enough of an asset over ADay that you give him rotation minutes?

So, by default, I land on the adding beef square on my bingo card.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Who thinks that's funny? 

As an adult, not so much, but as a kid... Curly, and to a lesser degree Shemp et al, was funny.

Moe and Larry were not.

Would it have worked without Moe's incessently bad attitude? Probably not.

Would it have worked without Larry's more-relatable common-man contribution? Probably not.

So, effectively, there were two set-up men, and one guy who got the laughs. It worked for that time, and for my age group as a kid in the 60s and 70s.

( @Gray Mule interested to know if you'd care to comment? )

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

why I oughta!!"

Who thinks that's funny?

:laugh1: My girlwife says it sometimes it’s pretty funny.

Why I oughtaaaaa!!! 

The three stooges didn’t get laid much. :laugh1: That can make you act a fool I’ll tell ya.. :aaa:

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Got to weigh in on two important topics.

I love Sap and would welcome him back but he's not exactly the guy who's going to keep people in check.  Unless a disapproving glance you think is all it takes. 

3 stooges?  Come on @kg01.  That's classic stuff.  And think about the work that went into that.   I don't know man.  I'm starting to think you maybe some kind of spy.   We need you to take this little test we use for profiling:   Dunkin or Krisply Kreme? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sturt said:

As an adult, not so much, but as a kid... Curly, and to a lesser degree Shemp et al, was funny.

Moe and Larry were not.

Would it have worked without Moe's incessently bad attitude? Probably not.

Would it have worked without Larry's more-relatable common-man contribution? Probably not.

So, effectively, there were two set-up men, and one guy who got the laughs. It worked for that time, and for my age group as a kid in the 60s and 70s.

( @Gray Mule interested to know if you'd care to comment? )

There's absolutely nothing ... NOTHING ... funny about the 3 stooges.  Lucky they came out during the Depression or w/e 'cause they must've had nothing to laugh at if they thought that crap was entertaining. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: My girlwife says it sometimes it’s pretty funny.

Why I oughtaaaaa!!! 

The three stooges didn’t get laid much. :laugh1: That can make you act a fool I’ll tell ya.. :aaa:

Tell the girl-wf she still gotta get squawk approval before you propose.  If she laughs at the stooges, she's not doing herself any favors in that regard. 

41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Got to weigh in on two important topics.

I love Sap and would welcome him back but he's not exactly the guy who's going to keep people in check.  Unless a disapproving glance you think is all it takes. 

3 stooges?  Come on @kg01.  That's classic stuff.  And think about the work that went into that.   I don't know man.  I'm starting to think you maybe some kind of spy.   We need you to take this little test we use for profiling:   Dunkin or Krisply Kreme? 

Krispi K, of course.  But the 3 stooges is trassh.  Hot trassh. 

30 minutes ago, sturt said:

I wouldn't know anything about that.

Whaaaaa?  Stu in here joking about gettin laid?  I've finally rubbed off on you, huh?

🤭

• Haha 2