• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One remaining NBA roster spot! Which position would you fill and why?

JayBirdHawk

Which of these spots?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So where do we stand with the roster spot?   I haven't heard anything.   Is Iggy retiring?  He might be a good mentor for Hunter but would give us nothing on the court.   Jeremy Lamb?  Montrezl?

Where we stand...

(Had we not signed Martin to a real contract, he could have been a 2W, and we could reasonably consider Lamb or other wings.)

2022-07-27_11-46-01.png

2022-07-27_11-50-36.png

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Eric Bledsoe should be signed by someone by now, dontchathink?

Not sure of his interest to come to ATL and take the few minutes we possibly could offer, and not sure of Schlields interest to offer any MLE to entice him.

But, he's the one free agent I see out there who could get some rotation minutes if he were to end up taking up residence in the State Farm.... would represent an improvement over ADay, but then again, not by a whole lot.

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, sturt said:

But, he's the one free agent I see out there who could get some rotation minutes if he were to end up taking up residence in the State Farm.... would represent an improvement over ADay, but then again, not by a whole lot.

It was recently said by "someone" that we really need to be more accountable around here. I replied I couldn't agree more. In that spirit, I need to correct myself, at least somewhat...

Bledsoe is 7 years older than ADay.

If we compare the two career-wise, Bledsoe of course is much, much more accomplished. But he will turn 33 in December, and on the wrong side of 30, making it very unlikely that he would ever have a year that looks much like his career average.

If we compare the two for the last three seasons, which is what I tend to do as a matter of routine anytime I'm comparing players, Bledsoe still comes out on top. Same, if we compare for the last two seasons.

But if we just pay attention to last season, the two are practically even in most ways, and where they are not, the edge goes to ADay... at age 25.

So, nah... no solid reason to believe improvement would be had.

I think we're stuck. There's no path to any significant improvement of the rotation of this team at this point.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind giving a camp invite to Luka Garza & Tyler Cook.   Whoever impresses the most in the preseason can get a non guaranteed deal that will become guaranteed after the January date if still on the team.    1 provide nice 3 point shooting and post scoring while the other has very good athleticism and can help on the boards.   The bigger named guys like Aldridge & Whiteside are going to want to at least be the main backup big.

• Premium Member

15th roster slot... Favors...

1st 2W slot... Chaundee Brown...

2nd 2W slot... Tyson Etienne...

Then again...

2022-08-05_21-38-58.png

What they were saying about Theo coming into the league...

And, one of his last games of the season...