• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

82 days till the tip of the 2022-23 season

Spud2nique

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

41 days left....but more importantly 16 DAYS to Hawks Training Camp!!!

• Sept. 23: First allowable date for players participating in preseason games outside North America
    to report to their teams (no earlier than 11 a.m. local time)
  • Sept. 24: Training camps open for all teams participating in preseason games outside North
    America
  • Sept. 26: First allowable date for all other veteran players to report to their teams (no earlier than
    11 a.m. local time)
  • Sept. 27: NBA training camps open
  • Sept. 30: NBA preseason games begin
  • Sept. 30: & Oct. 2 NBA Japan Games, Golden State Warriors vs. Washington Wizards (Tokyo, Japan)
  • Oct. 6 & 8: NBA Abu Dhabi Games, Atlanta Hawks vs. Milwaukee Bucks (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
  • Oct. 14: NBA preseason ends
  • Oct. 17: Rosters set for start of 2022-23 NBA regular season (5 p.m. ET)
  • Oct. 18: Start of 2022-23 NBA regular season
  • Like 1

Slowly the world turns.  As we observe an hourglass How slowly the sand moves.  Yet in one scant hour, it's all gone.  Days come and go.  That opening day for the NFL is already history.  Opening day for the NBA, which was so far away, is slowly closing in on us.

🧑‍🔧Our time becomes shorter and shorter.  Savor all of it.

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I still gotta watch that. You and another squawker highly recommended the show.

I have enjoyed what I've seen of it.  I think you will know very quickly if it is for you or not.  It is an interesting mix of some interesting exploration of existential issues and fart jokes.  (Somewhat similar dynamic to South Park)

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

fart jokes.

And this is why everyone and their moms recommended it to me? :laugh: I need a bit more than farts 💨… is there a plot? :huh:
If not, I’ll go to my local dollar store and they got a whoopie cushion and I’ll just place that bad boy right under my wife, I mean girlfriend, I.. 🏃‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

And this is why everyone and their moms recommended it to me? :laugh: I need a bit more than farts 💨… is there a plot? :huh:
If not, I’ll go to my local dollar store and they got a whoopie cushion and I’ll just place that bad boy right under my wife, I mean girlfriend, I.. 🏃‍♀️ 

Some people get very worked up about how it is the smartest show in the history of television because of the things it references and incorporates but I think that is misleading since it is a blend of smart stuff and sophomoric humor.  There are character arcs over the series but it is more of an episodic format than serialized storytelling.  For example, some episodes they might spoof different things like the Avengers one episode and then do an episode where they visit a world based around the conceit of the Purge franchise.  Others are original stories.

The series creators did Community if that is helpful.  They are very different shows but coming from the same minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1