• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Kevin Durant hate: Justified or Not Justified

TRW

I believe the NBA is a different league than in the past but I had no problem with KD signing with the Golden St. Warriors. KD completed his contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder and became a free agent. I will say it again, KD honored his contract and then became a free man. As a free man, he had the right to sign with any team he wanted. I find it funny and hypocritical that people blame KD for going to a stacked team when the so called "King" has/had stacked teams since he left the Cavaliers the first time. I don't see the LeBron hate that KD gets but IMO they're very similar. Now as we fast forward, everybody wants to criticize KD again for wanting to leave Brooklyn. I'm not saying KD is right this time but James Harden did the same thing twice within the last two or three years and I didn't see many people criticizing him. In Houston, "the Beard" said "he couldn't play with a bunch of losers." James Harden divorced Houston and Brooklyn. So LeBron James and James Harden get a pass but KD doesn't get the same courtesy. JSMH at this hypocrisy. 

Not Justified 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Sounds like you're complaining about consistency more than you're suggesting that ringbratting is okay.

I'm with you. If you're going to diss ringbrats... and I for one do... then diss all of the ringbrats... and I for one do.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't use other players to Justify KD.  However, I do agree with you about his move to GSW.  I think they approached him as a free agent and he did what turned out to be best for him.   No hate.   It's called FAcy. 

I do see it differently with Bron. 

Bron builds his teams and that I don't like.   He can't compare himself with Jordan when all Jordan ever did was play with the players that his GM was able to get him.   Lebron calls guys to play with him and forces his GM to take them. ... then act as though he did nothing if it don't work out (see Westbrook).   Pat Riley told Lebron that he would not be his lackey.. and I respect that. 

KD and Bron are not the same:

Bron got a ton of hate when he “took his talents to South Beach”. Now, it’s just his M.O. He brought Cleveland a championship in one of the most epic fashions and I think he gets a pass now because of that.

KD is soft as tissue paper. Take the GSW thing away. He had a burner account to argue with fans on…he went at Mike Rapapport in one of the most classless ways ever. Now, he is demanding a trade with 4 years left on his contract? Never been done before. Not by Lebron, not by Harden. Nope, KD owns that legacy all to himself.

He is just, kind of a lame dude honestly lol 

His hate is deserved

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Diesel said:

he did what turned out to be best for him

Shortcuts to a ring are, by definition, "best for him"... in terms of his legacy, that is. He lived in fear as LBJ did that he would go down in history as one of the Charles Barkleys or Bob Laniers of NBA lore, and GSW was the easy remedy.

Shortcuts to a ring are, by definition, also, indicative of a person of low integrity.

I respect every member of those GSW teams. In my best John Houseman...

the Warriors did it "...the old-fashioned way... they earned it."

Except for that one guy, that is.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Shortcuts to a ring are, by definition, "best for him"... in terms of his legacy, that is. He lived in fear as LBJ did that he would go down in history as one of the Charles Barkleys or Bob Laniers of NBA lore, and GSW was the easy remedy.

Let's not act like he couldn't go to Cleveland, link up with Lebron and Kyrie and win a ring there also.   Would that have been more respectable?  I give him a pass for GSW because he was a FA.   He had his choice of what he wanted to do. 

Kareem left Milwaukee to go to LAL because of FAcy. 

Shaq left Orlando to go to LAL because of FAcy. 

KG left Minnesota to go to Boston because of FAcy. 

I don't look at these moves as moves made out of fear, I look at them as freedom of preference.  Must a player be made to stay with a team that he's no longer under contract for?

Maybe I'm old fashioned.  OK.  I admit it.  I am.

When a player signs his name to a contract, he agrees to play for that team for a number of years for the amount stated in the contract.  He voluntarily does this.  He is not forced to do so.

If he becomes unhappy, he has the right to ask (Not demand) to be traded.  This team is in no way obligated to trade him and his contract but may do so if they wish.  If they do not, he is still obligated to fulfill his contract to the team.

When the contract is fulfilled, he is free to do whatever he wishes.

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

KD and Bron are not the same:

Bron got a ton of hate when he “took his talents to South Beach”. Now, it’s just his M.O. He brought Cleveland a championship in one of the most epic fashions and I think he gets a pass now because of that.

KD is soft as tissue paper. Take the GSW thing away. He had a burner account to argue with fans on…he went at Mike Rapapport in one of the most classless ways ever. Now, he is demanding a trade with 4 years left on his contract? Never been done before. Not by Lebron, not by Harden. Nope, KD owns that legacy all to himself.

He is just, kind of a lame dude honestly lol 

His hate is deserved

I posted this scouting report on him 3 years ago, amazingly no one on Real GM replied.  You know how they like to turn serious basketball discussion into a clown show as it pertains to “superstars.”  It aged pretty damn well besides the fact that I had the verbiage for “skip pass” confused with a touch pass lol.  I knew GS could easily replace his impact but even I am surprised they did so with Wiggins:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1836216

One of the most overrated players there ever will be.  Nothing elite besides midrange and FT shooting, which are both historic, granted. I also give him credit I actually enjoyed watching him down the stretch in the Olympics.  But the media fascination with him was always way over my head (or under, whatever).  For him to try to wrestle media attention from the Warriors’ victory with a lame trade request in the wake of his embarrassment of being swept by the team Steph ultimately cooked is just par for the course for a raging narcissist who somehow is self conscious to the point of hilarity.

Edited by benhillboy

9 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I posted this scouting report on him 3 years ago, amazingly no one on Real GM replied.  It aged pretty damn well besides the fact that I had the verbiage for “skip pass” confused with a touch pass lol.  I knew GS could easily replace him but even I am surprised they did so with Wiggins:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1836216

One of the most overrated players there ever will be.  Nothing elite besides midrange and FT shooting, which are both historic, granted. I also give him credit I actually enjoyed watching him down the stretch in the Olympics.  But the media fascination with him was always way over my head (or under, whatever).  For him to try to wrestle media attention from Steph with a lame trade request in the wake of his embarrassment of being swept by the team Steph ultimately cooked is just par for the course for a raging narcissist who somehow is self conscious to the point of hilarity.

Let’s not get it twisted though, the scrubs NEEDED KD to beat Lebron. Ain’t no way they were gonna do squat without KD. They both used one another in this new age teaming up weak BS.

The rat 🐀 trap BS Kerr got goin on in Golden State is dirty and slimy and attracted snakes 🐍 and KD was that one.

* Kyrie hurt

**easiest most unearned run to the NBA finals. The only series that actually seemed fair was the finals. The Warriors basically played 1 round (finals) and won a ring. 

In short,

Both KD and the Warriors are hoes.

No wrong answers here…

:rofl:

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

KD is soft as tissue paper. Take the GSW thing away. He had a burner account to argue with fans on…he went at Mike Rapapport in one of the most classless ways ever.

You follow too huh. Rapp is a pimp I saw him live in LA last year at a stand up. Ya that was just weak and embarrassing.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

Let's not act like he couldn't go to Cleveland, link up with Lebron and Kyrie and win a ring there also.   Would that have been more respectable?  I give him a pass for GSW because he was a FA.   He had his choice of what he wanted to do

More respectable than going to the reigning NBA champion that was dominating the league anyhow?

You have to ask?

No passes.

You're a ringbrat, KD. Your integrity forever damaged, at least with some of us.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

More respectable than going to the reigning NBA champion that was dominating the league anyhow?

You have to ask?

No passes.

You're a ringbrat, KD. Your integrity forever damaged, at least with some of us.

You can call him cupcake 🧁, it’s a nickname agreed upon by all. 😉 

ps Sip that coffee ☕️ slowly Stu.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

agreed upon by all

My moral/ethical compass isn't dictated by the prevailing winds of what anyone else thinks, renegade that I am. 😉 The ringbrat nickname... actually, not so much a nickname, more a category...  is fitting. I'll use it.

12 hours ago, TRW said:

I believe the NBA is a different league than in the past but I had no problem with KD signing with the Golden St. Warriors. KD completed his contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder and became a free agent. I will say it again, KD honored his contract and then became a free man. As a free man, he had the right to sign with any team he wanted. I find it funny and hypocritical that people blame KD for going to a stacked team when the so called "King" has/had stacked teams since he left the Cavaliers the first time. I don't see the LeBron hate that KD gets but IMO they're very similar. Now as we fast forward, everybody wants to criticize KD again for wanting to leave Brooklyn. I'm not saying KD is right this time but James Harden did the same thing twice within the last two or three years and I didn't see many people criticizing him. In Houston, "the Beard" said "he couldn't play with a bunch of losers." James Harden divorced Houston and Brooklyn. So LeBron James and James Harden get a pass but KD doesn't get the same courtesy. JSMH at this hypocrisy. 

Not Justified 

Whatever the media say, the fanatics will follow.  KD is the best player in the league and they don't like him because he know they are HYPOCRITICAL.  He  talk to doesn't talk to them so they try at every opportunity to throw him under the bus while praising Lebron James who is the real DIVA that fans keep wanting to say that KD is when he is not.

Edited by Hawkmoor

36 minutes ago, shakes said:

KD is a complete dbag and a huge pvssy for going to GS.   Hate is more than justified.   Total f-ing loser.

Where do you go to get stuff 🖼’d? :approved:

Ps I really enjoyed that substitute v for the pu… I digress..