• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we the bizarro Wolves 🐺

Spud2nique

They went out and got another center to double up on that position. They have their twin 👯‍♀️ towers now with Towns and Gobert, pounding the inside..(KAT does play outside a ton tho).

We went out and got another point to double up on that position. We have our double vision point look. Trae 1st overall in total dimes and 3rd overall in dime average in the league last year and Murray 4th in the latter category.

@Sothron Both your teams.

Which do you like better in theory. 2 bigs or two visionaries? 

Wins total prediction slightly favors them. I like us. :boxing:

• 48.5: Timberwolves
  • 47.5: Hawks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't say bizarro Wolves but yeah, I see a lot of similarities. I think they have a higher floor but a lower ceiling. I have little questions about their starting five even at this stage, I do question their depth. I don't question Atlanta depth, I do believe Okongwu and Hunter have to make jumps if Atlanta wants to reach its ceiling.

I think both teams are top 7 seeds. It wouldn't shock me if both teams won 1st in their conference. I do question them as playoff teams and like we need Okongwu and Hunter to make a jump, they need McDaniels and Edwards to make a jump.

• Like 1

1. History favors size. Teams that have elite talents with size tend to hang around later and later in the playoffs. Not ALWAYS, but tend to.

2. Murray is a special player, no doubt, but he is not on the same level as either KAT or Gobert. I think Trae is the best player of the 4, but I can’t decide by how much. He is similar to KAT in a lot of ways but with a better playoff resume. Gobert’s defensive impact is basically the same as Trae’s offensive impact, but his playoff resume stinks too.

I give the talent nod to Minny. The combined talent is slightly in their favor and it comes in a huge size package.

I give the chemistry nod to us. I think that Trae and Murray have the better chance at fitting together seamlessly. And, because they are guards and have the ball a ton, their impact will be felt on every single possession whereas bigs rely on others to feed them. Antman is the actual alpha on Minny’s roster. Can he still get his and feed 2 other belly’s on offense a real the question.

Minny has a legit big 3+ with Ant, KAT, Gobert, and then maybe DLo shows up to the party.

We are better built for fit, and deeper.

We shall see how this all goes.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

1. History favors size. Teams that have elite talents with size tend to hang around later and later in the playoffs. Not ALWAYS, but tend to.

2. Murray is a special player, no doubt, but he is not on the same level as either KAT or Gobert. I think Trae is the best player of the 4, but I can’t decide by how much. He is similar to KAT in a lot of ways but with a better playoff resume. Gobert’s defensive impact is basically the same as Trae’s offensive impact, but his playoff resume stinks too.

I give the talent nod to Minny. The combined talent is slightly in their favor and it comes in a huge size package.

I give the chemistry nod to us. I think that Trae and Murray have the better chance at fitting together seamlessly. And, because they are guards and have the ball a ton, their impact will be felt on every single possession whereas bigs rely on others to feed them. Antman is the actual alpha on Minny’s roster. Can he still get his and feed 2 other belly’s on offense a real the question.

Minny has a legit big 3+ with Ant, KAT, Gobert, and then maybe DLo shows up to the party.

We are better built for fit, and deeper.

We shall see how this all goes.

Trae's much balleyhooed playoff resume took a major hit last year. Miami shut him down.

Minny to me has the higher upside due to Anthony Edward's extremely high ceiling, as he could be the best player on that team as soon as this season.  To be clear, I am not suggesting he will reach that level so soon or ever, but he is such an elite athlete and has had some real skill development that suggests more is to come.

Would any NBA GM trade Edwards for Murray?  I don't think so.

• Premium Member

Minny has the higher ceiling and the better team as a result IMO. KAT and Gobert are probably better than a combo of Trae and Murray. You add in Anthony Edwards for them and I mean...c'mon. I love JC but he's not as good as Edwards is.

We might have more depth than they do because losing Vanderbilt is going to hurt Minnesota same as losing Pat Bev. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 8/7/2022 at 3:09 AM, Spud2nique said:

They went out and got another center to double up on that position. They have their twin 👯‍♀️ towers now with Towns and Gobert, pounding the inside..(KAT does play outside a ton tho).

We went out and got another point to double up on that position. We have our double vision point look. Trae 1st overall in total dimes and 3rd overall in dime average in the league last year and Murray 4th in the latter category.

@Sothron Both your teams.

Which do you like better in theory. 2 bigs or two visionaries? 

Wins total prediction slightly favors them. I like us. :boxing:

• 48.5: Timberwolves
  • 47.5: Hawks

We are never the Wolves - they might be the Hawks, but we are never the Wolves - even the bizarro kind. 😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We are never the Wolves - they might be the Hawks, but we are never the Wolves - even the bizarro kind. 😉

That’s what I’m saying. I know they are supposed to win 1 more game than us but they are.. the wolves 🐺 😂 sorry Soth  😔 

Just now, macdaddy said:

If Ant continues to improve and becomes an efficient killer in the playoffs then Minny is looking good. 

He was the bad guy in the movie 🎥 Hustle. He’s either a really good actor or just a born ahole, 😂 he’s a natural.

• Haha 2

I am really high on Ant-Man. I think he could obviously improve in many areas, but he has the right mindset to do great things. It also helps that he is physically gifted to back up his aggressive attack mentality. 

His continued development is key for the Wolves becoming a contender.