• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Making Capela, Collins and Bogdanovic expendable in 2023 off-season

sturt

• Premium Member

... is the dream.

Well, okay, not the dream, but a dream.

Win the 2023 championship trophy is the dream, but then to see Godzilla, Jalen and AJ play so well over the course of 2022-23 that each more than justify their first round pick slots... that would be golden... ie, giving Schlields the option to consider other options (not necessarily to actually make any trades involving them, because, you know... hate to mess with continuity after winning it all, if you don't have to).

Fun to dream.

• Confused 1

In this dream, the Atlanta Hawks' draft picks become what everyone wants them to be.  This is not the impossible dream.  These young men have talent.  Whether they get the opportunity to show this talent and that they take advantage of this, thereon rests the answer to the dream.

They must be given the opportunity.  When given this opportunity they must come thru.  Then the dream becomes a reality!!

🧑‍🔧Building !

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sturt said:

... is the dream.

Well, okay, not the dream, but a dream.

Win the 2023 championship trophy is the dream, but then to see Godzilla, Jalen and AJ play so well over the course of 2022-23 that each more than justify their first round pick slots... that would be golden... ie, giving Schlields the option to consider other options (not necessarily to actually make any trades involving them, because, you know... hate to mess with continuity after winning it all, if you don't have to).

Fun to dream.

???

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

???

Yeah...

It's that Hawks fan stuff where we believe that our drafted players must be great...

Lay aside rebound champions..   Lay aside defensive POY candidates.  Lay aside one of the best shooters in the game.... we want our draft picks to replace them soon because they are great!!!  Oh yeah.. it's just a dream.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

replace them soon

7 hours ago, sturt said:

giving Schlields the option to consider other options (not necessarily to actually make any trades involving them, because, you know... hate to mess with continuity after winning it all, if you don't have to)

???

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

In this dream, the Atlanta Hawks' draft picks become what everyone wants them to be.  This is not the impossible dream.  These young men have talent.  Whether they get the opportunity to show this talent and that they take advantage of this, thereon rests the answer to the dream.

They must be given the opportunity.  When given this opportunity they must come thru.  Then the dream becomes a reality!!

🧑‍🔧Building !

Godzilla's going to get 20 min, in my strongly held opinion.

Jalen's going to get 20 min, in my strongly held opinion.

The question mark is AJ... none of the things that would provide him with the opportunity to prove himself are really things you want to see happen... ie, someone's (ie, BogBog, De'Andre or JDay) going to have to underperform significantly and/or someone's going to have be unavailable.

Add to that... AJ himself is going to have to get past whatever physical things have been dogging him that he couldn't even make an appearance in Summer League.

But... cue the Meatloaf...

R-11847049-1523385211-5056.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Godzilla's going to get 20 min, in my strongly held opinion.

Jalen's going to get 20 min, in my strongly held opinion.

The question mark is AJ... none of the things that would provide him with the opportunity to prove himself are really things you want to see happen... ie, someone's (ie, BogBog, De'Andre or JDay) going to have to underperform significantly and/or someone's going to have be unavailable.

Add to that... AJ himself is going to have to get past whatever physical things have been dogging him that he couldn't even make an appearance in Summer League.

But... cue the Meatloaf...

R-11847049-1523385211-5056.jpeg.jpg

I will do a signature or avatar bet on JJ.  Over/under 20 minutes.  I’ll give you the push too.  You win if JJ averages 20 mpg or more.  I win if he doesn’t.  You up for that?  I strongly believe he won’t get that much playing time just as you strongly believe he will.  Frankly, it would be a bet I’d be happy to lose.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I will do a signature or avatar bet on JJ.  Over/under 20 minutes.  I’ll give you the push too.  You win if JJ averages 20 mpg or more.  I win if he doesn’t.  You up for that?  I strongly believe he won’t get that much playing time just as you strongly believe he will.  Frankly, it would be a bet I’d be happy to lose.

Thought we already had this conversation (???)... or was it about AJ? I thought you reneged because you refused my injury contingency... ?

• Moderators
10 hours ago, sturt said:

Thought we already had this conversation (???)... or was it about AJ? I thought you reneged because you refused my injury contingency... ?

I offered you and the rest of the board a bet that would have compared the minutes Justin Holiday and JJ (or AJ) would get in games in which they were both available (i.e., not injured) and you weren't interested.  That bet already accounted for injury by only counting the games in which both players were healthy.  If I recall correctly, you wanted an additional injury qualifier for that one that would have taken a large known risk for JJ off the table (the possibility he can't crack the rotation due to injury) but left the large known risk for JH on the table (that he will perform like he did last year after he was traded) which makes no sense.

I'm offering a new one here that is even simpler.  Injury risk is already baked into the equation because we are looking at minutes per game so any game missed due to injury doesn't hurt his numbers.  20+ minutes per game and you win.  Less than that and I win.

1 month of control over signature or avatar.

You up for it?

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, AHF said:

I offered you and the rest of the board a bet that would have compared the minutes Justin Holiday and JJ (or AJ) would get in games in which they were both available (i.e., not injured) and you weren't interested.  That bet already accounted for injury by only counting the games in which both players were healthy.  If I recall correctly, you wanted an additional injury qualifier for that one that would have taken a large known risk for JJ off the table (the possibility he can't crack the rotation due to injury) but left the large known risk for JH on the table (that he will perform like he did last year after he was traded) which makes no sense.

I'm offering a new one here that is even simpler.  Injury risk is already baked into the equation because we are looking at minutes per game so any game missed due to injury doesn't hurt his numbers.  20+ minutes per game and you win.  Less than that and I win.

1 month of control over signature or avatar.

You up for it?

I'm going to grant you that you have reason for skepticism... Mo Harkless screams next-gen Solomon Hill, and that McM will use him similarly and liberally... but then, Mo has had his own injury issues of course.

But, that said...

Okay, why not.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AHF said:

I agree with this.  I will surprised if JJ gets 20 minutes a night and I am expecting AJ to get rookie JJ treatment as far as minutes.   I would also be surprised if OO does not get at least 20 minutes a night.   I am also happy to be proven wrong.

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Packfill said:

I agree with this.  I will surprised if JJ gets 20 minutes a night

I'm fine with including you, if you'd like. Each of you get 2 weeks of my avatar, or I get 2 weeks of each of yours??? I'm game if @AHF is.

• Premium Member

When we signed Bogi, I figured he'd become expendable with Huerter stepping into his role - almost but not quite close enough.

Before signing Capela to his extension last year, I thought Capela would be inching to the expendable list with OO taking over. Unfortunately OO hasn't done enough to be  able to force Nate's hand enough to take over the starting gig from Cap, he can't even get equal minutes with Cap to force Cap to the bench. 

Lots to prove this season. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unfortunately OO hasn't done enough to be  able to force Nate's hand enough to take over the starting gig from Cap, he can't even get equal minutes with Cap to force Cap to the bench. 

Lots to prove this season. 

You’re really puttin the onus on my boi to come with some new tricks in his bag 💼 huh. Burd with that full court Scottie Barnes press doh, I SEE U!!!! :laugh1:

Ok… ok… you hear that OO? Showem some of that Chino Hills schhhhwaaag 😉 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

You’re really puttin the onus on my boi to come with some new tricks in his bag 💼 huh. Burd with that full court Scottie Barnes press doh, I SEE U!!!! :laugh1:

Ok… ok… you hear that OO? Showem some of that Chino Hills schhhhwaaag 😉 

I really wanna see him bust out and force Nate's hand. Make him make uncomfortable decisions.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, swanlee said:

Why?

Id like to keep our good players thank you,

giphy.gif

I hear ya. I do.

But allow me a second shot since the first one evidently failed to draw rim...

1. If those guys play that well, it bodes super good for the next 3-4 years.

2. If those guys play that well, and you get an offer for BogBog in particular (given his age and one more year of control) that is compelling, sobriety/sanity says it's foolish not to consider it.

• Moderators
On 8/8/2022 at 10:29 AM, sturt said:

I'm going to grant you that you have reason for skepticism... Mo Harkless screams next-gen Solomon Hill, and that McM will use him similarly and liberally... but then, Mo has had his own injury issues of course.

But, that said...

Okay, why not.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:35 AM, Packfill said:

I agree with this.  I will surprised if JJ gets 20 minutes a night and I am expecting AJ to get rookie JJ treatment as far as minutes.   I would also be surprised if OO does not get at least 20 minutes a night.   I am also happy to be proven wrong.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:22 PM, sturt said:

I'm fine with including you, if you'd like. Each of you get 2 weeks of my avatar, or I get 2 weeks of each of yours??? I'm game if @AHF is.

The Squawk's first "combo meal" bet has been added to the bet thread.

• Like 1