• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome Trent Forrest (2W)

sturt

• Premium Member

Guess we like this guy better than Maledon, or Schlields just got tired of waiting for his imminent release... but same general idea... good to see Schlields mindmelding with yours truly.... hehe

Question now becomes how long before Etienne replaces Chaundee as the other 2-way. Forrest effectively gives the roster a developmental version of Dejounte, while Etienne gives the roster a raw developmental version of Trae... both of which could be beneficial to have over the course of a season.

Chaundee is expendable by contrast... as much as I like the guy. Martin effectively gives us a legitimate option to back-up to JDay, and AJ gives us a legitimate option to back-up BogBog.

2022-08-08_11-34-38.png

• Like 1

• sturt changed the title to Welcome Trent Forrest (2W)
  • Premium Member

For those who subscribe to the theory that a player who shoots fairly well from the FT line is a candidate to improve his FG shooting, this guy went 82% his senior year at FSU, and is so far 85% in his two seasons of NBA games.

Again again... from where I sit, you should want to fill that 2W hole with someone who bears some resemblances to DJM so that, if you need a fill-in, you've got a player who is a more reasonable option than someone who is shorter or taller, someone who hasn't played PG, someone who has some of the qualities (not all) that DJM brings to the floor. And that Forrest has some decent NBA experience is icing on that cake.

We didn't have one of those arrows in our quiver, and now we do.

• Thanks 1

If there is an argument about this player, I'm on his side.  Why?  Simple.  Everyone knows my feelings about free throws and Sturt just told everyone that he's really good at the free throw line !!

😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 12:29 PM, sturt said:

Guess we like this guy better than Maledon, or Schlields just got tired of waiting for his imminent release... but same general idea... good to see Schlields mindmelding with yours truly.... hehe

Question now becomes how long before Etienne replaces Chaundee as the other 2-way. Forrest effectively gives the roster a developmental version of Dejounte, while Etienne gives the roster a raw developmental version of Trae... both of which could be beneficial to have over the course of a season.

Chaundee is expendable by contrast... as much as I like the guy. Martin effectively gives us a legitimate option to back-up to JDay, and AJ gives us a legitimate option to back-up BogBog.

2022-08-08_11-34-38.png

This could be our dollar store brand Delon.... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

LIttle thin on the wings now that K-von was shipped.

Not following.

K-von was shipped, true... and... you got back a back-up SG/SF and a SF/PF. And then, you drafted a SG/SF in the first round. And then, you drafted a SG/SF in the second round. And, you traded for a PG who now will play most of his minutes as a wing.... DJM, Martin, AJ, Harkless, JDay added to BogBog and De'andre... that's 7 guys who will get significant if not exclusive minutes at a wing slot.

Am I missing something?

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not following.

K-von was shipped, true... and... you got back a back-up SG/SF and a SF/PF. And then, you drafted a SG/SF in the first round. And then, you drafted a SG/SF in the second round. And, you traded for a PG who now will play most of his minutes as a wing.... DJM, Martin, AJ, Harkless, JDay added to BogBog and De'andre... that's 7 guys who will get significant if not exclusive minutes at a wing slot.

Am I missing something?

Not my question to answer but from my point of view i'll be very surprised if Martin, AJ, Harkless get significant minutes at the wing.  Which leaves only Justin and Bogie off the bench and Bogie is currently rehabbing. 

There again i have no idea what Nate's plans are so I could be way off but that's my guess.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Not my question to answer but from my point of view i'll be very surprised if Martin, AJ, Harkless get significant minutes at the wing.  Which leaves only Justin and Bogie off the bench and Bogie is currently rehabbing. 

There again i have no idea what Nate's plans are so I could be way off but that's my guess.

I took the comment to be "thin" in terms of quantity... but if it was rather meant to be thin in terms of quality, sure, there's a step down from what K-Von would have provided and what JDay is likely to provide.

• Like 2

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, sturt said:

I took the comment to be "thin" in terms of quantity... but if it was rather meant to be thin in terms of quality, sure, there's a step down from what K-Von would have provided and what JDay is likely to provide.

I'd say with 15 man rosters no team is ever thin on quantity.  But if the coach won't put them on the floor then that's an issue.  We've got an all new bench other than Bogi and OO.  It's going to be interesting.   Hopefully some of these guys will shine. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

no team is ever thin on quantity

I'm sure you're assuming we'll never have another 6 weeks like Dec 1, 2021 to Jan 15, 2022. Decent assumption it's a one-off, but then again, it did happen and we did have G-leaguers not only on the roster, but in the damn starting line-up.

• Like 1

Thin, as in we don't really know what we have.  Also, there is the thought of - "What will Nate do with all these new players?  Will he favor the players coming in over our youth?  Or, perhaps our youth will shine!

🧑‍🔧

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Yea thin on quality and possibly quantity too. Holliday is bordering on ancient and the rook is already hurt. Bogi goes down we definitely may need the depth. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea thin on quality and possibly quantity too. Holliday is bordering on ancient and the rook is already hurt. Bogi goes down we definitely may need the depth. 

Two months until our first preseason game, I think. Not panicking here, but at least I understand your concern.

• 1 year later...