• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I caught COVID

Buzzard

Sorry about not logging in. I caught COVID, Between that and my type 2 diabetes I was close to losing my left foot, After almost two weeks in the hospital they transferred me to a rehab center because my legs got so week. I am still in the rehab center as they found some personal underlying issues they are working on. I did use realgm to keep up with all NBA items. Again I apologize but it took almost all I had to keep up with text and calls from doctors and my family.

Edited by Buzzard
Needed one more qualifier.
  • Sad 14

Hang in there fellow Squawker.

I held Covid off for 2 1/2 years by being super careful (wife has diabetes and heart disease and I have prostate cancer).

But now I'm in day nine of my first bout with it. Only one day was I really sick, however, but I'm tired of sleeping in my home office all this while so my wife doesn't catch it. So far, so good, even though I'm still testing positive. 

Vaccinated and doubled boosted,  and I took the five-day Paxlovid antiviral treatment when symptoms arose, so science did its job for me. No serious illness or side effects.

Again, you're in a much tougher spot but it sounds like you are through the tunnel coming out the other side.

Best wishes! 

16 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Hang in there fellow Squawker.

I held Covid off for 2 1/2 years by being super careful (wife has diabetes and heart disease and I have prostate cancer).

But now I'm in day nine of my first bout with it. Only one day was I really sick, however, but I'm tired of sleeping in my home office all this while so my wife doesn't catch it. So far, so good, even though I'm still testing positive. 

Vaccinated and doubled boosted,  and I took the five-day Paxlovid antiviral treatment when symptoms arose, so science did its job for me. No serious illness or side effects.

Again, you're in a much tougher spot but it sounds like you are through the tunnel coming out the other side.

Best wishes! 

Best wishes for you and yours as well. I had the two shots and was only a week away from getting the booster when I caught it.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Sorry to hear that man.

Please cut your carbs. Metformin is fine to use going forward, but don't let it be your only line of defense.

I've had covid between 1-3 times. I am still unvaccinated, my diabetes controlled and I was lucky enough that chills and a loss of taste and smell were the worst symptoms I ever got.

You'll recover and beat this shit and you will be here this season for the typical ups and downs. 

You will do this!

Thanks. They have me on metformin and insulin shots. Also diuretics' for fluid control.

Edited by Buzzard

8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Sorry about not logging in. I caught COVID, Between that and my type 2 diabetes I was close to losing my left foot, After almost two weeks in the hospital they transferred me to a rehab center because my legs got so week. I am still in the rehab center as they found some personal underlying issues they are working on. I did use realgm to keep up with all NBA items. Again I apologize but it took almost all I had to keep up with text and calls from doctors and my family.

Sorry to hear all this, buzz.  Hang in there.  You and I have many battles to wage, m'friend.  You can't be outta commission, dude. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Late to the game, but hoping this week opens with @Buzzard making more steps in the right direction and @LongTimeFan staying away from serious complications.  That is pretty scary, Buzz.  Stay safe and wishing you a full recovery.  On the diabetes front, hope this isn't causing your sugars to sky rocket.  Sometimes that happens when the body is fighting something.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Late to the game, but hoping this week opens with @Buzzard making more steps in the right direction and @LongTimeFan staying away from serious complications.  That is pretty scary, Buzz.  Stay safe and wishing you a full recovery.  On the diabetes front, hope this isn't causing your sugars to sky rocket.  Sometimes that happens when the body is fighting something.

I've tested negative now and really only had one bad day, though I continued to test positive for 10 full days.  No lingering symptoms now either.

I do want to apologize, however, for adding my story to @Buzzard's story. The focus should have stayed on him, since his situation was more serious than mine, by far.  Sorry about that Buzz!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 8:28 AM, Buzzard said:

Damn Buzz! I'll keep you in my prayers.