• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Happy NBA2k23 release date day!

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

I am so addicted to this year's game Mrs. Sothron is threatening to hide the PS5.

Legit: I have not went to bed until 4am since the game went live. The MyEra is CRACK for a NBA lifer like me. I have teams in each era.

1983: Hawks with Nique, Sonics with Sikma (one of my dad's all time favorites), Celtics with Big Three (yeah, yeah, get off my nuts @Spud2nique I still love those 80's Celtics teams). I had to create Dan Roundfield and "Fast" Eddie Johnson for those Hawks. It is so weird to play that team without Kevin Willis who comes out in the 84 draft with Jordan and Hakeem (Akeem at that time), Stockton, etc. I traded for Reggie Theus then with the Bulls. So the starters are Doc, Reggie, Nique, Roundfield and Tree Rollins with Fast Eddie off the bench.

1991: Oh God. I don't have enough time for this. Hawks with Nique, Kevin Willis. Traded for Deke and Steve Smith. Had to create Mookie Blaylock since he is still not in the game. I know its not historically accurate but DGAF. I have Mookie, Smitty, Nique, Willis and Deke as my starting five. COME AT ME BRO. Also am playing: RUN TMC Warriors. I traded for Rony Seikaly who did play for the Dubs in I think 93 or 93. Also traded for Uncle Cliff Robinson and he's starting at PF. Team is Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullin, Cliffy, Seikaly. COME AT ME BRO x 2. 

Also have: Nets with Kenny Anderson, Drazen Petrovic (memory eternal to the greatest Euro player ever and the best pure shooter in the game's history) Derrick Coleman, Chris Morris and had to use someone else's Sam Bowie for the starting five. It isn't as powerful as the Hawks/Dubs but damn if it isn't fun to play.

Sonics with Gary Payton, Kemp, Michael Cage the best rebounder you don't remember, Eddie Johnson from Mrs. Sothron's school, Rickey Pierce one of the best mid range shooters EVER and I traded for one of my all time favorites Detlef. Detlef came over to Seattle I think in 93 or 94. I start Detlef at SF and have Eddie Johnson and Nate McMillan off the bench. Very, very fun team. 

I don't have the Hornets yet because the 92 draft hasn't happened. I need Zo on those Hornets to have that Grandmama, Zo, Curry, Bogues and Kendall Gill fun as hell team.

2002: Hawks with SAR, Big Dog, Terry, Ratliff and....wait for it...I traded for Joe Johnson. The bench is in shambles other than Nazr at center. Dan Dickau at PG. The poor kid that almost killed himself in the car wreck, Dermarr Johnson, is still on the team. I had to sign some random guys as free agents to just have a 10 man rotation because I also go full bench rotations. For some reason they had Darvin Ham listed as a SG??

Also got the TWolves. I know they traded for Cassell and I think signed Spree as a FA after the 2002 season. But...I traded for Spree now. Instead of Cassell I went and got my boy Starbury. I flipped whoever was their starting center for Arvydas Sabonis. So that team is now Starbury, Spree, Wally, KG, Sabonis with Rod Strickland ( a criminally underrated PG), Kendall Gill, Malik Sealy (memory eternal), Gary Trent and some random FA center as the backup.

This new era franchise mode is the most addictive thing I've ever seen. I have played one game with the current Hawks and zero My Career games (going for center this year when I do play). I am in love with how 2K did the classic eras. It is simply amazing.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Hey @NBASupes and @Sothron  regarding the NBA eras game mode, is there a way to get rid of all the created players or edit them so they are capped out at really low numbers?    I want to do the era thing from the 80s but don't want the league to be full of high end created fake players after a few years.

Don't mind if there are fake players at the end of the benches, but it will take from the experience if they start showing up on the leader boards and in the starting lineups.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

question about gameplay:      I think the main reason I gave up on NBA 2kk22 after playing just one game is I hate the way the players float/slide around the floor.  I couldn't figure out how to take a pull up jumper from just outside the 3pt line.  Whenever I tried my player would step over the line and shoot a 2 instead.   The only way  I could shoot pull up 3s is if I did them from Trae/Dame/Steph territory way behind the line.   Totally ruined the experience for me.

Have the physics been fixed at all so the players can actually stop and pull up where you want them to?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, shakes said:

Hey @NBASupes and @Sothron  regarding the NBA eras game mode, is there a way to get rid of all the created players or edit them so they are capped out at really low numbers?    I want to do the era thing from the 80s but don't want the league to be full of high end created fake players after a few years.

Don't mind if there are fake players at the end of the benches, but it will take from the experience if they start showing up on the leader boards and in the starting lineups.

The Eras mode has almost all real players on each team for each era. This is the first time ever in 2K history they have done anything like this. Before you had to download this one guy's rosters for specific years, like 1986, and you had to go with that and do a custom league to set it up.

The eras have some real free agents at that time but they aren't that great. Donald Royal, if you remember him with the Magic, was a free agent in one of the eras. They do still have some random made up guys but none of them are like 80+ rated that would throw off the game. 

There are still some players missing because 2K couldn't sign everyone or get their estate to sign on. Just like other years you will have to edit some guys and import other people's created guys for Sir Charles, Reggie Miller, Rasheed Wallace, now Sam Bowie and Chris Webber too. For the drafts it is better to use other people's drafts because they have more real players in there. 

The gameplay this year is good. They changed the shooting mechanic, again, so the swoosh over your head is kinda replaced with this tiny green dot at the end of the swoosh. I am shooting better with it though. You basically just try to time it to hit that green dot at the end of the swoosh. 

Since you mentioned stand up threes, I can do catch and shoot and pull up 3's just fine with the shooting this year. This is the most recommended 2k game I've ever played tbh. If you want to play old school NBA with actual rules that were in place at that time, real salary cap at that time, etc. this is what you want. They even have old school graphics and TV presentation for those eras. It is simply amazing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shakes said:

I generally do an edit in every class so that the create a player caps start at 70 or below. I don't want them in the game just like everyone else. I've got classes on PS5 under I think nbasuperstar40. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The Eras mode has almost all real players on each team for each era. This is the first time ever in 2K history they have done anything like this. Before you had to download this one guy's rosters for specific years, like 1986, and you had to go with that and do a custom league to set it up.

The eras have some real free agents at that time but they aren't that great. Donald Royal, if you remember him with the Magic, was a free agent in one of the eras. They do still have some random made up guys but none of them are like 80+ rated that would throw off the game. 

There are still some players missing because 2K couldn't sign everyone or get their estate to sign on. Just like other years you will have to edit some guys and import other people's created guys for Sir Charles, Reggie Miller, Rasheed Wallace, now Sam Bowie and Chris Webber too. For the drafts it is better to use other people's drafts because they have more real players in there. 

The gameplay this year is good. They changed the shooting mechanic, again, so the swoosh over your head is kinda replaced with this tiny green dot at the end of the swoosh. I am shooting better with it though. You basically just try to time it to hit that green dot at the end of the swoosh. 

Since you mentioned stand up threes, I can do catch and shoot and pull up 3's just fine with the shooting this year. This is the most recommended 2k game I've ever played tbh. If you want to play old school NBA with actual rules that were in place at that time, real salary cap at that time, etc. this is what you want. They even have old school graphics and TV presentation for those eras. It is simply amazing.

I got a 1984 draft class. I got Barkley in it. I completely got all of the relevant players from the 2004 draft class except Josh Childress. I couldn't find a CAP for him. I might create it myself. Him and Sebastian Telfair. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I am so addicted to this year's game Mrs. Sothron is threatening to hide the PS5.

Legit: I have not went to bed until 4am since the game went live. The MyEra is CRACK for a NBA lifer like me. I have teams in each era.

1983: Hawks with Nique, Sonics with Sikma (one of my dad's all time favorites), Celtics with Big Three (yeah, yeah, get off my nuts @Spud2nique I still love those 80's Celtics teams). I had to create Dan Roundfield and "Fast" Eddie Johnson for those Hawks. It is so weird to play that team without Kevin Willis who comes out in the 84 draft with Jordan and Hakeem (Akeem at that time), Stockton, etc. I traded for Reggie Theus then with the Bulls. So the starters are Doc, Reggie, Nique, Roundfield and Tree Rollins with Fast Eddie off the bench.

1991: Oh God. I don't have enough time for this. Hawks with Nique, Kevin Willis. Traded for Deke and Steve Smith. Had to create Mookie Blaylock since he is still not in the game. I know its not historically accurate but DGAF. I have Mookie, Smitty, Nique, Willis and Deke as my starting five. COME AT ME BRO. Also am playing: RUN TMC Warriors. I traded for Rony Seikaly who did play for the Dubs in I think 93 or 93. Also traded for Uncle Cliff Robinson and he's starting at PF. Team is Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullin, Cliffy, Seikaly. COME AT ME BRO x 2. 

Also have: Nets with Kenny Anderson, Drazen Petrovic (memory eternal to the greatest Euro player ever and the best pure shooter in the game's history) Derrick Coleman, Chris Morris and had to use someone else's Sam Bowie for the starting five. It isn't as powerful as the Hawks/Dubs but damn if it isn't fun to play.

Sonics with Gary Payton, Kemp, Michael Cage the best rebounder you don't remember, Eddie Johnson from Mrs. Sothron's school, Rickey Pierce one of the best mid range shooters EVER and I traded for one of my all time favorites Detlef. Detlef came over to Seattle I think in 93 or 94. I start Detlef at SF and have Eddie Johnson and Nate McMillan off the bench. Very, very fun team. 

I don't have the Hornets yet because the 92 draft hasn't happened. I need Zo on those Hornets to have that Grandmama, Zo, Curry, Bogues and Kendall Gill fun as hell team.

2002: Hawks with SAR, Big Dog, Terry, Ratliff and....wait for it...I traded for Joe Johnson. The bench is in shambles other than Nazr at center. Dan Dickau at PG. The poor kid that almost killed himself in the car wreck, Dermarr Johnson, is still on the team. I had to sign some random guys as free agents to just have a 10 man rotation because I also go full bench rotations. For some reason they had Darvin Ham listed as a SG??

Also got the TWolves. I know they traded for Cassell and I think signed Spree as a FA after the 2002 season. But...I traded for Spree now. Instead of Cassell I went and got my boy Starbury. I flipped whoever was their starting center for Arvydas Sabonis. So that team is now Starbury, Spree, Wally, KG, Sabonis with Rod Strickland ( a criminally underrated PG), Kendall Gill, Malik Sealy (memory eternal), Gary Trent and some random FA center as the backup.

This new era franchise mode is the most addictive thing I've ever seen. I have played one game with the current Hawks and zero My Career games (going for center this year when I do play). I am in love with how 2K did the classic eras. It is simply amazing.

It will be a long time before I play the modern mode. I am having too much fun in the Kobe Era. Even got the ESPN setup from the older 2ks

I am considering the Bird era but that analog TV look kinda sucks on my eyes 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
On 9/11/2022 at 9:27 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Day-to-Davis stay injured even in video games???? Wow, didn't know that was a thing in the game. Lol.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeittttt!

Day-to-Dayvis is street clothes. This game is wicked 🥶  😆 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

(yeah, yeah, get off my nuts @Spud2nique I still love those 80's Celtics teams).

Uh huh… and are you currently a fan of what the Cavs have done? You and Jambrad are breaking my heart.

Those are cool teams though. I just do the play now version of the 85-86 celts.

• Like 1

How come I don’t get this my nba era thing. That blows I love the 80’s and 90’s! Is this from the jordan special addition one that @JTB got? I got the regular but I wanna play.

Btw why is the shooting so different. The bar takes forever to load up to the players shooting stroke whereas before it kinda seemed to depend on your own finger speed and quick twitch. Ugh.

46 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How come I don’t get this my nba era thing. That blows I love the 80’s and 90’s! Is this from the jordan special addition one that @JTB got? I got the regular but I wanna play.

Btw why is the shooting so different. The bar takes forever to load up to the players shooting stroke whereas before it kinda seemed to depend on your own finger speed and quick twitch. Ugh.

It's only on PS5 and Xbox Series S and X. They got a deal where you get 2k and madden with the system for 300 for the S

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I got a 1984 draft class. I got Barkley in it. I completely got all of the relevant players from the 2004 draft class except Josh Childress. I couldn't find a CAP for him. I might create it myself. Him and Sebastian Telfair. 

how do you get Barkley in there?   I'm basically new to 2k so don't know the ins and outs.  Do you have to edit him in there or can you download him from somewhere?    Is there a website that shows you how to edit old players into the game and has a list of old player attributes?

4 hours ago, shakes said:

how do you get Barkley in there?   I'm basically new to 2k so don't know the ins and outs.  Do you have to edit him in there or can you download him from somewhere?    Is there a website that shows you how to edit old players into the game and has a list of old player attributes?

I found a good CAP and made sure the ratings fit what Barkley was. I just created a CAP for the 2004 Draft class for Josh Childress.