Happy NBA2k23 release date day!

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

This has all the replica builds so far and more is being added as more are discovered:

https://www.nba2klab.com/replica-builds

My career center got shades of Jack Sikma one of my favorite players and definitely one of my dad's favorite players. Trying to find the exact formula for him. Would kill for a Detlef, Bird or McHale.

34 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This has all the replica builds so far and more is being added as more are discovered:

https://www.nba2klab.com/replica-builds

My career center got shades of Jack Sikma one of my favorite players and definitely one of my dad's favorite players. Trying to find the exact formula for him. Would kill for a Detlef, Bird or McHale.

Cheers! Thanks for posting.

I spot a "Human Highlight Film" replica 👀

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I am playing the Grandmama build in MyCareer. If @NBASupes or anyone can help with how to do a better face sculpt to try and match Larry Johnson as a rookie feel free to share. I put him on the Hornets. 

Their ratings for him are really weird to me though. He's too fast but his rebounding is too low and he only has a 35 in block. I mean I know LJ wasn't out there getting 2 blocks a game but 35? rebounding at only 70? Ugh. 

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

. I mean I know LJ wasn't out there getting 2 blocks a game but 35? rebounding at only 70? Ugh. 

Blocks should be around 45 to me, rebounding should be around 80.

C8BFE3A5-001A-40F6-89CE-5884596501C1.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I am playing the Grandmama build in MyCareer. If @NBASupes or anyone can help with how to do a better face sculpt to try and match Larry Johnson as a rookie feel free to share. I put him on the Hornets. 

Their ratings for him are really weird to me though. He's too fast but his rebounding is too low and he only has a 35 in block. I mean I know LJ wasn't out there getting 2 blocks a game but 35? rebounding at only 70? Ugh. 

Rebounding, offensive rebounding in general got nerfed

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

with Zo. 

That’s another thing, the presence of Zo, that dude wanted every board so I’m guessing he took a couple boards a game from LJ because that Hornets 🐝 group all knew their roles and LJ wasn’t the predominant rebound guy, without looking I think LJ averaged roughly 7.5 boards as a member of the Hornets in his career but it would have been around 9 with other squads maybe higher. Having said that he was a short PF listed at 6’7” I believe but closer to 6’5” like Sir Charles, same body styles but LJ was a rock and Barkley was tiggles Magoo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s another thing, the presence of Zo, that dude wanted every board so I’m guessing he took a couple boards a game from LJ because that Hornets 🐝 group all knew their roles and LJ wasn’t the predominant rebound guy, without looking I think LJ averaged roughly 7.5 boards as a member of the Hornets in his career but it would have been around 9 with other squads maybe higher. Having said that he was a short PF listed at 6’7” I believe but closer to 6’5” like Sir Charles, same body styles but LJ was a rock and Barkley was tiggles Magoo.

His first two seasons before Zo he averaged 11 and 10.5 rebounds per game. In Charlotte which is his prime healthy seasons after Zo he had 8.8, 7.2 and 8.4. So to me, clearly, a health LJ is probably 80 in rebounding not 70.

Do either of you guys know how to do a good face sculpt for Larry Johnson on PS5? I got your rosters @NBASupesand they look great for the draft classes. Can you do a LJ face sculpt and post how you did it on youtube so I can follow along and try to make MyCareer guy as close to LJ as I can get?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have some questions since I have very little experience with this game.

How hard/easy is it to start a My NBA eras and download/replace the 1984 draft class with one that doesn't have the fake players or at least has mostly all real players?   Is that something you can do in game or do you need to download a file from the internet and load it onto a USB stick?

Also, once you start your game and make it through a season can you do the same thing with the 1985 class or do you have to do that stuff before you even start your game the season prior?

Do you control every team or just one?  I read some people say to control every team, but that seems like a lot of effort to me.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, shakes said:

I have some questions since I have very little experience with this game.

How hard/easy is it to start a My NBA eras and download/replace the 1984 draft class with one that doesn't have the fake players or at least has mostly all real players?   Is that something you can do in game or do you need to download a file from the internet and load it onto a USB stick?

Also, once you start your game and make it through a season can you do the same thing with the 1985 class or do you have to do that stuff before you even start your game the season prior?

Do you control every team or just one?  I read some people say to control every team, but that seems like a lot of effort to me.

You can replace the 1984 draft right at the start when you start the My Era and get into the normal screen menu after you pick the options for settings and which teams you can control. You can replace the draft class at any time after that with another one. Use @NBASupes draft classes. He is NBAsuperstar40 on PS5. Btw @NBASupes I sent you a friend request on PS5. 

When you finish that season and it goes to the next season  you can do the same thing with the 1985 draft class. Use theirs, which I don't recommend, or use @NBASupesdraft classes which are more accurate and have real players and not a lot of fake players.

I have never controlled every team. I would pick, this is me personally, one East team you like and one West team you like at a minimum. For the 1984 Era I am playing the Hawks, Celtics and Sonics. 1991 I am playing RUN TMC Warriors, Sonics, Hawks and Drazen Petrovic, Derrick Coleman and Kenny Anderson Nets. 

Feel free to ask any 2k questions on here. We have several ppl that are lifers in that game, myself included. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Need a little help from the 2k vets.  I started up an NBA eras game from the Magic/Bird starting point.  Playing as the Bulls.  I get to the part where it asks what draft i want to use and I go to the far right option for user created drafts.  From there I scroll down and pick the most popular 1984 draft I can find, one that specifically says it has Barkley, Bowie and Alvin.  Then I sim the whole season, but when I get to the draft none of those 3 players are there.

Re set and started over and same thing happened.

What am I doing wrong?

• Premium Member

so I tried again and still can't figure it out.  I started a Era, chose @NBASupes 1984 draft.  Simmed the whole season and then when I got to the draft there's no Barkley, Bowie etc.  WTF am I doing wrong?

Also, I set it for no salary cap and no hard cap yet when I try and make trades it tells me the trade is invalid for cap reasons.  Once again, WTF?

Supes?  @Sothron, damn I'd even take advice from @Spud2nique at this point.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

My advice: Love the whole team not just a Trae stan. 💯 My morning advice gets mad real.

I am a Trae stan, but I am still a well wisher for everyone else on the team in that I don't wish anyone a specific harm.