• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Happy NBA2k23 release date day!

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
On 9/28/2022 at 8:21 AM, shakes said:

so I tried again and still can't figure it out.  I started a Era, chose @NBASupes 1984 draft.  Simmed the whole season and then when I got to the draft there's no Barkley, Bowie etc.  WTF am I doing wrong?

Also, I set it for no salary cap and no hard cap yet when I try and make trades it tells me the trade is invalid for cap reasons.  Once again, WTF?

Supes?  @Sothron, damn I'd even take advice from @Spud2nique at this point.

so I got response on the 2k message board.  Someone says there is a glitch and you have to enter the draft class 2x for it to stick.

Ill try it again later tonight and see if that works.

I'd like to thank all the 2k vets here for helping....oh wait, none of you helped for shiite.  So I take back that thanks and instead offer up an old school italian gesture where I scrape my fingers dramatically in your direction across the underside of my chin.  I also bite the tip of my thumbnail in your direction in disgust as well.

• Premium Member
On 9/29/2022 at 11:44 AM, shakes said:

so I got response on the 2k message board.  Someone says there is a glitch and you have to enter the draft class 2x for it to stick.

Ill try it again later tonight and see if that works.

I'd like to thank all the 2k vets here for helping....oh wait, none of you helped for shiite.  So I take back that thanks and instead offer up an old school italian gesture where I scrape my fingers dramatically in your direction across the underside of my chin.  I also bite the tip of my thumbnail in your direction in disgust as well.

I just saw this. I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier. What platform are you using? I never had that issue on PS5. The draft works as do whatever cap settings or trade settings you want to use. Were you able to get Supes draft classes to work?

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sothron said:

I just saw this. I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond earlier. What platform are you using? I never had that issue on PS5. The draft works as do whatever cap settings or trade settings you want to use. Were you able to get Supes draft classes to work?

no worries.  I'm on PS5 and can't get it to work.  Haven't tried since I learned about the possible glitch.  But if you never had a problem on PS5 I'm starting to doubt that the fix will work.  Even tried Supes drafrt class and got nada.

1 hour ago, shakes said:

no worries.  I'm on PS5 and can't get it to work.  Haven't tried since I learned about the possible glitch.  But if you never had a problem on PS5 I'm starting to doubt that the fix will work.  Even tried Supes drafrt class and got nada.

I roll with PS4. I’m gonna play it till they stop making games for it and that’s when I retire. Ya I might play a few games here and there for charity events but I’m hangin up my controller 🎮. It’s been a hell of a ride, from some stick wall tennis game on Atari, to hunting innocent ducks 🦆 on Sega master system at the age of 10 no less, and then began the immaculate NBA career, my fav, NBA live 93 and 95. (Long live my custom team that included Kemp, Glen Rice, Smitty and others). Allen Iverson brought it the 2K’s and I was hooked from the start. 22 years later, I think it might be time for the next stage of my career. The game’s been good to me. We’ve come a long way from the likes of double dribble (Nintendo almost got me with that one game btw but I stayed a Sega guy) to 2K23 and beyond!

Spud’s 🎮 career:

1982- 2022 (December; but possibly till June, NBA finals; technically 2023).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, shakes said:

What exactly is not working? Can you be more precise perhaps with screen shots?

You go into the scouting tab once you start a My Era. Since you are going for the 84 draft that means the Magic/Bird era that starts in 1983. You go into the scouting tab once you start that era and pick your teams and settings. Once you get into the actual menu you go to scouting and mock draft and there's an option to download a draft class. Go find NBAsupes draft class for 1984 and download it. It should automatically switch the generic 1984 draft class that is missing several NBA players for Supes draft class that is pretty accurate.

If that is not happening for you exactly in that way please tell us what is going on. I've played 2k since they first came out and I have never had a glitch like this on the PS3, PS4 or PS5. 

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

What exactly is not working? Can you be more precise perhaps with screen shots?

You go into the scouting tab once you start a My Era. Since you are going for the 84 draft that means the Magic/Bird era that starts in 1983. You go into the scouting tab once you start that era and pick your teams and settings. Once you get into the actual menu you go to scouting and mock draft and there's an option to download a draft class. Go find NBAsupes draft class for 1984 and download it. It should automatically switch the generic 1984 draft class that is missing several NBA players for Supes draft class that is pretty accurate.

If that is not happening for you exactly in that way please tell us what is going on. I've played 2k since they first came out and I have never had a glitch like this on the PS3, PS4 or PS5. 

There is a bug. You have to do it at the scouting window twice for loaded classes to appear. It's a bug that 2k needs to fix

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

There is a bug. You have to do it at the scouting window twice for loaded classes to appear. It's a bug that 2k needs to fix

Yep, the fix I learned work perfectly.   Was able to download the 84 draft.  But, I still can’t figure out how to turn off the salary cap.

Started my first season with the bulls.  traded for Houston’s #1 pick thinking I’d get MJ and Akeem.  Then the Rockets finish 4th worst (probably because of the players I traded them) so I ended up with MJ and Stockton.   Should be a pretty fun backcourt to grow.  

Now I gotta learn how to actually play the game 😂 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 10/1/2022 at 8:09 PM, NBASupes said:

Really? It seems to be working ok for me.

I hope you do the 93 draft class btw. That's a great one to do.

• Premium Member

My 1991 Era has went into 1992 season. I did sim it because I couldn't wait to see what would happen.

I am controlling the below teams:

Hawks

Pistons

Nets

Hornets

Warriors

Sonics

Due to trades that worked out for me and the lottery balls bouncing my way plus some crazy decisions by Boston to let Bird and McHale walk as free agents these are the following starters for each team.

Hawks: Mookie, Steve Smith, Nique, Bird, Dikembe

Pistons: Thomas, Dumars, Gugliotta, Rodman, Laimbeer

Nets: Anderson, Petrovic, Morris, Coleman, Bowie

Hornets: Mark Price, Gill, Glen Rice, LJ, Zo

Warriors: RUN TMC + Shaq and Mchale at PF

Sonics: Payton, Hawkins, Detlef, Kemp and Vlade Divac

The simmed season had the Hawks play the Blazers and lose to them in the Finals. Drexler was league MVP and Finals MVP. In the offseason I signed Bird as a free agent on the Hawks and Sir Charles took less money to leave Philly to go to...the Blazers. Ugh! That team is scary.

I'm thinking the Warriors with Run TMC, Shaq and McHale are going to be almost impossible to beat in the playoffs. The Hornets are really well balanced and scary. The Hawks...I mean our 90's backcourt and Deke PLUS Nique and Bird?!? Oh man.

21 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Gugliotta

Isiah had a meeting to never pass the ball to Googs :laugh: jk (kinda).

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Petrovic

One of my favs of all time Petro fuel ⛽️!

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hawks: Mookie, Steve Smith, Nique, Bird, Dikembe

winner 🏆 

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sonics: Payton, Hawkins, Detlef, Kemp and Vlade Divac

Dopey 👁 Sam Perk aka big smooth wants his gig back! :laugh1:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Spent a lot of time with the tutorials this weekend and now have a grasp on 20-25% of the controls which is good enough for now.   Got my Bulls team going and simmed the first few years, made several trades and ended up with a lot of first round picks.  Didn't realize how crappy some of these drafts were in the mid to late 80s so ended up consolidating some draft picks to move up in the draft.

Got MJ and Stockton in 1984.

Got my all time favorite non Bull NBA player Chris Mullin (till Trae came along) in 1985.

1986 I got a 22 year old Arvydas Sabonis

1987 I got a non dead Reggie Lewis and Derrick McKey

I've got 4 first round picks in 1988 and 3 in 1989 lined up.

simmed the 87-88 season and finished 3rd in the West.  matched up with #6 Atlanta Hawks.   Took control of the team for the playoffs and won the first game.

Not sure what I'm gonna do in the draft.   Might have to grab Rocket Rod Strickland cause he's one of my all time favorite players. 

QUESTION FOR THE VETS:  How long of a game do you play?   I'm doing 5 minute quarters, but the final score is in the 40s and I rarely ever use my bench.   What is the best time limit to play for quarters to get it to be most like an NBA game in term of final score and players' stats?

I think I beat the hawks with 40something points and MJ had 31.  Mullin didn't even score.  No one else had more than 2 baskets.  

36 minutes ago, shakes said:

What is the best time limit to play for quarters to get it to be most like an NBA game in term of final score and players' stats?

I’ve tinkered with this and I think 8 min quarter in 2K are equivalent to the real 12 min quarters we have as far as stats and everything. Just what I go with personally, 5 min can’t get you nearly the same stats. I’d have to guess between 7-9.

I go 8 min q.

38 minutes ago, shakes said:

Got my Bulls

:angry2:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I play on 10 minute quarters usually on Pro level because I have arthritis and trigger finger so I don't have the twitch reflexes in my hands I used to have to play on higher levels of difficulty.

You can adjust the settings to have it to simulate a full 48 minute game regardless of how many actual minutes you play in a quarter.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

:scratch: All time fav NON BULL? 

Hey, I love Chris Mullin too. One of the reasons I'm playing the RUN TMC era Dubs now with Shaq and McHale in 92. Shaq is getting me triple doubles because the constant double teams means Mullin is wide open at three. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

Hey, I love Chris Mullin too. One of the reasons I'm playing the RUN TMC era Dubs now with Shaq and McHale in 92. Shaq is getting me triple doubles because the constant double teams means Mullin is wide open at three. 

True but you’ve already admitted to loving on the Nuggs and Wolves 🐺 but we are trying to get Curious George’s owner here to admit he’s a Bulls fan. :laugh:

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:scratch: All time fav NON BULL? 

Spud, you gotta understand I am a very unique basketball fan in that I essentially have two separate lives as a fan.   From around 2000-2017 or so I stopped following basketball entirely (except for a brief stint where i was a huge D Rose fan till his legs fell off early in his career).   In 2000 I was told Icould never play basketball again and that made it impossible for me to watch basketball without getting depressed for over about 15 years.   

during that time the Bulls fell off completely due to horrific mismanagement.

When I came back to basketball in 2017 I no longer felt an attachment to the Bulls and was a free agent.  Discovered Trae the next year and the rest is history.

But, keep in mind that I was a diehard Bulls fan for about 15 years in my previous life.  Hawks meant nothing to me during that time.  They were just fodder along the way.

So Hawks fan now, but my history is a lot more Bulls centric and 99% of my basketball memories come from that time period...for now.

so if I'm doing a 80s era league I'm definitely going back into my past and doing it as as 80s Bulls fan.

TL;DR:  Suck it Spud!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

So my 1991/92 era update:

I have added the Suns and Knicks to the teams I control. Knicks have Rod Strickland, Starks, trade for Reggie Lewis at SF, Oak, Ewing. Suns have Kevin Johnson, Hornacek, Majerle, Barkley and Seikaly. The Nets were offered Danny Manning so I had to take him. I got Vlade on the Nets along with Manning. Petro and Vlade are playing together in the NBA just like they should have been in real life. If you watched the "Once Brothers" 30 for 30 you understand why.

I put Pervis Ellison on the Sonics in a trade and man I forgot how good Never Nervous was before injuries destroyed his career. He fits in great in the frontcourt with Kemp and Detlef.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

So my 1991/92 era update:

I have added the Suns and Knicks to the teams I control. Knicks have Rod Strickland, Starks, trade for Reggie Lewis at SF, Oak, Ewing. Suns have Kevin Johnson, Hornacek, Majerle, Barkley and Seikaly. The Nets were offered Danny Manning so I had to take him. I got Vlade on the Nets along with Manning. Petro and Vlade are playing together in the NBA just like they should have been in real life. If you watched the "Once Brothers" 30 for 30 you understand why.

I put Pervis Ellison on the Sonics in a trade and man I forgot how good Never Nervous was before injuries destroyed his career. He fits in great in the frontcourt with Kemp and Detlef.

Nice.  I screwed up my league by only taking control of one team.   Next time I'll do every team so i can maintain the integrity of the rosters.  I'm in the 1988 playoffs with the Bulls, taking on the ATLANTA HAWKS and even @Spud2nique wouldn't recognize any of these "Hawks" players.     Hawks have Manute Bol starting at center and a backcourt that looks a tad geographically out of place with Ron Harper and Craig Ehlo.  Don't remember who else is in the lineup but there's definitely no Dominique or any Hawks player I remember.

I'm up 2-0 in the series.   Almost blew a 20 point lead in game 2, but then I just put MJ back in the game and let him take over.  I'm terrible and only know about 5% of the offensive controls, but having MJ sure does make things easy.

Do you know if there is a sit where you can find every transaction that took place each season so I can use that as a blue print for controlling every team and getting the rosters right?   Or do you just edit the rosters at the beginning of the season and put guys where they need to be?