NBA execs diss Trae yet again

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

omg.  that whole list is so weird.  But i have a question.  I'm not a Luka hater, the guy is amazing but someone tell me why he's not James Harden.   Harden didn't get this much accolades even in his prime. 

He is James Harden.  It's the perfect comparison, really.  James wasn't as dominant his first 3-4 years though, so I believe that's where the hype comes from.

34 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

He is James Harden.  It's the perfect comparison, really.  James wasn't as dominant his first 3-4 years though, so I believe that's where the hype comes from.

There are some differences. Luka is a little bit more creative as a scorer. Harden is basically threes and free throws. I prefer Luka's passing to Harden's as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's never going to be loved by everyone but like Atlas said, recency bias. That said, he will never be loved by everyone. 

There are legitimate excuses for why Trae was so bad against Miami (Collins/Cap injuries, no lob threat, no second ballhandler, Miami double teams and switching everything, etc), but I never thought Trae could be bottled up like that.  Trae always gets his.  He became more timid during that series the further it went, Miami effected him mentally.  He was picking up his dribble in 1 on 1 situations 35 feet from the basket and just couldn't initiate the offense at all.  It was hard to watch.  

All that being said, I'm not worried at all.  I think he's pissed about it and will use that as motivation going forward.  Pretty much every star player has had mental lapses and terrible series in their careers.  He's only 23.

On this list, I can't see that happening to Luka (size) or Morant (athleticism).  Regardless, placing Mobley, Lamelo and Barnes ahead of Trae is an insult.  The others I can at least see an argument to be made.

• Like 3

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

My big problem is that I don't understand all the love Ja Morant gets.  His team played better when he was out hurt.

I don't think the "his team was better without him" is real compelling.  You are talking about a small sample size.  The importance I draw from it is that the team was clearly still very competitive without him.  Doesn't diminish what he did when healthy in my eyes.

What I do get frustrated with Morant is that Trae was better in every conceivable way in the regular season and career to date.  What other than "DDDUUUNNNNKKKK!!!" are people using to rank him above Trae?

On the short-term memory thing, Morant was fantastic in the playoffs so I'm sure that helps him like the Miami series hurts Trae.  Strange to me that teams rate that as being more important than an 82 game regular season (especially given how limited Atlanta was as a team in that series).  

So I'm still high on Morant and think he deserves love but should be clearly behind Trae.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

My big problem is that I don't understand all the love Ja Morant gets.  His team played better when he was out hurt.

"No you got it all wrong.  See it's because of Ja's greatness that his teams are better without him, with apologies to this AHF clown.  He's probably a casual.  Anyhoo.. see Ja's teammates play superb team defense and efficient offense when he sits, because Ja's so fantastic.  They're competitive and win games at a greater clip in his absence simply because he's so great.  Don't you see?  Nevermind the fact that Ja's as poor on defense as Trae despite having all the physical tools to dominate on that end.  It's almost as if he doesn't care on that end at all, but no matter.  That's casual talk, bro.  I expect that low-IQ talk from AHF." - Eggsperts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

"No you got it all wrong.  See it's because of Ja's greatness that his teams are better without him, with apologies to this AHF clown.  He's probably a casual.  Anyhoo.. see Ja's teammates play superb team defense and efficient offense when he sits, because Ja's so fantastic.  They're competitive and win games at a greater clip in his absence simply because he's so great.  Don't you see?  Nevermind the fact that Ja's as poor on defense as Trae despite having all the physical tools to dominate on that end.  It's almost as if he doesn't care on that end at all, but no matter.  That's casual talk, bro.  I expect that low-IQ talk from AHF." - Eggsperts 

#screwscurry #myownbattles 😐 

• Haha 1