• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

Don't know what kind of chicken fight you are discussing.  People here in the mountains are known to raise game chickens.  Perfectly legal.  Game roosters are fighting roosters and, when they fight, it's fight to the death of your opponent.  Illegal as can be.  Personally, I've never been to a fight but I've saw where game roosters are being raised.

A champion game rooster is worth big $$$ and so are his ofspring.

Gamecock fighting is illegal, but it happens.  Big $$$ bets are made.  Somehow I get the impression that this is not the chicken fight you are in to.

🕵️‍♂️

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been told that Detroit has a four game winning streak against Atlanta.  As we contemplate how bad this sounds, we now find tthat we are scheduled to go to their house.  Not only do we have to play them there, we must do it twice in a row.

Our ship was sailing along fine.  We won our first two games!  Then, sadly to relate, the Hawk ship sailed right into a giant sand bar.  Shipwreck!  We couldn't even keep it close.  Anything that could go wrong, went terribly wrong.  Quiet suddenly we looked like a bottom feeder, not a team headed for the playoffs.

It's too early to panic.  The season is 82 games, not three.  Atlanta must get their stuff together.  Good players must play good basketball.  This let down must be temporary.  Piston's winning stteak against the Hawks stares us right in our face.  Time for someone to step up and lead us out of this now!

:smug:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

At least we're not underestimating them.   They actually have a good bunch of young players.  Ivey is good.  Stewart is scrappy and Bojan is off the leash. 

Agree. Detroit is a very talented team. They just lack depth to extreme degrees. 

34 minutes ago, Diesel said:

At least we're not underestimating them.   They actually have a good bunch of young players.  Ivey is good.  Stewart is scrappy and Bojan is off the leash. 

How the hell we lose 4 straight to the Pistons? 

Because their switching defense usually gives our "generational superstar" fits....

And So far, this season, the greatest consistent weakness of the Hawks imo appears to be Trae shot selection. When he doesn't have it going, his early in the shot clock pulling up from logo range, is one of the least inefficient decisions he could make. Yet,  he continues to shoot it repeatedly.

I've been waiting for years to see if he would improve his decision making once paired with an All Star level backcourt mate. Trae can be so electric for long periods of time. However, he has those spells, where his decision making (especially when paired with his defense) can swing a game 6-8 points in favor of the opposing team. I'm hoping Trae learns to trust his teammates more this year.

WE BETTER NOT LOSE TO THE PISTONS TONIGHT ON A BACK TO BACK....

No excuses if we are who we think we are... And that goes for every other Hawk too.. Play Smart basketball, and PLAY SOME FKN DEFENSE!!!

And Nate, stop trying to use JJ like hes Gallo.. He isn’t a floor spacer and low post presence like Gallo; Quit using him like one! smdh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Moderators
20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is almost like getting tossed from practice :ph34r:

I wonder if all the bikes were filled :stirthepot:

Nate hasn't really been this salty since he took over the Hawks.   A good sign that maybe he's not going to put up with lack of focus this year.  We'll see how the guys respond. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Nate better focus on Nate too, or he might be on the hot seat this year if we don’t win win win.

I think he already is.  Not sure how many years he has left on the contract though and we don't really have anyone in the wings other than Van Excel.  Is he even an assistant this year though?  

Still though this last loss i'm not putting on Nate.   We've got some guys who hang their heads when they don't make shots or get foul calls and we get abused.  It's been that way.   Nate has to make that change but it doesn't always happen.   And Nate wasn't given a lot of options to put in the game this year. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I think he already is.  Not sure how many years he has left on the contract though and we don't really have anyone in the wings other than Van Excel.  Is he even an assistant this year though?  

Still though this last loss i'm not putting on Nate.   We've got some guys who hang their heads when they don't make shots or get foul calls and we get abused.  It's been that way.   Nate has to make that change but it doesn't always happen.   And Nate wasn't given a lot of options to put in the game this year. 

I hate to say this but I think teams pick and choose when to give it full effort and when they saw Ball and Rozier out they took the night off, mistake, you right not on Nate. That’s not a coaching thing that’s a hustle although the coach can motivate in that department as well.

I hate to say this but I saw the highlights of the Suns/Warriors last night. First time I watched scrubs (anything) in a year or so. The intensity was a playoff one. I guess both teams circled that game. 

We are young we gotta try and build habits like playing hard. These guys are young and playing like 30 min a night. Suck it up and play hard.

Warriors are old AF and running hard, F that, we gotta be better, build hustle habits early.

• Like 3