• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

Could it be that "The King" has finally past his best days as his team continues to drop in the standings?  They didn't go far in the playoffs last season which gave us a big hint.  

Lakers do not have a great team to support "The King" and he cannot carry them all by himself.  Still, it seems that, in the past, he did greast things.  Now, he seems more a regular player, not "The King!"

🥰

What's to be learned from these young supposedly tanking teams starting the season .... well, decent?

Conversely, can anything be learned from some contenders(sic) slow starts?

Lazy answer is 'Issearly, kg'.  Yeah, we all know that but these games count just like games 77-82.

I think young teams comin out with nothing to lose.  Just playing hard and fast.  Not doing all the right things but just doin'.  Not being scared like usual.  UTA is actually a vet laden team, miscast as a tank for now.

Any other thoughts? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Kg, wasn’t he your guy. :mail1:

You always been pro Ben. At least over Zion. He looks like a scared lil itcha$$ to me. :huh:

I'd still take Simmons over zion.  Atleast there's a chance ol Ben gets right as a defensive force.  The other guy's gonna be a constant DNP. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, kg01 said:

What's to be learned from these young supposedly tanking teams starting the season .... well, decent?

Conversely, can anything be learned from some contenders(sic) slow starts?

Lazy answer is 'Issearly, kg'.  Yeah, we all know that but these games count just like games 77-82.

I think young teams comin out with nothing to lose.  Just playing hard and fast.  Not doing all the right things but just doin'.  Not being scared like usual.  UTA is actually a vet laden team, miscast as a tank for now.

Any other thoughts? 

I think a lot of it has to do with young/bad teams having more energy and excitement to start the season. Come January when the constant travel isn't as fun, the minutes/nagging injuries add up, the loses start piling on top of each other they start to hit that lull and are more prone to go through the motions instead of playing hard every night. Once the season is almost over, they will turn it back on again to "head into the summer on a good note" or whatever they want to call it. 

• Like 2