• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

I love all our players and love JC a lot. He’s been a really good Hawk and outside of the PED stuff a few years ago has been one of our leaders. Having said that, if we are trying to win a championship, we are trying to get the best fit on the floor right? Well, schematically (ya, I said it) JC either needs a “different set of skills” or he isn’t the best fit based on his currently skills (WHICH ARE AWESOME MIND YOU; I don’t wanna take anything away from his game) for this particular makeup we have going on. Initially, I thought it looked pretty awesome and it’s not bad at all, but if he and Hunter are making 100 mill each, I’m not a cap person but I know people gotta get paid. With Trae, DM, and BOTH Hunter AND JC making around 100 each, seems like one has to be monetarily savvy if you will.

Crowder.. Cam… and a future first for JC isn’t crazy. I mean personally I’d like 2 firsts but the Suns won’t do that I’m sure.

Trae/DM/Hunter/Crowder/Cap

AHol/Bogi/AJ/CamJ/OO

If Crowder walks, we still have CamJ and the pick (if there is a pick and there better be).

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shams' bosses: "Hey guy, we don't pay you to look pretty.  Go get some clicks!"

Shams: "Uh, there's really nothing going on.  I already let the Suns use me to generate Crowder trade buzz.  What to do, what to do?  Oh, I know, the ol' standby..... Collins trade rUMoRs." 

Shams gotta eat too. :laugh1: You’re prolly right JC been in rumors since he was 2! :laugh: Again, I love the guy on and off, in fact….

I was hacked on my last post that wasn’t me. :huh: I FCKIN LOVE YOU JC!!!! ❤️ 

🏃‍♀️ 

• Haha 3

JC, the ultimate teammate but he’s gotta get traded for us to get better. I can’t put a finger on exactly why but something about him playing the 4 isn’t a fit with DJ and Trae.

but let’s be honest, Dre had some real bricks in the Boston game too.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I am not sure we will get any 1sts for JC.  He's on a hefty deal right now -- he's not underpaid or on a rookie deal, so I can't imagine much draft capital would come our way.  Ressler will probably be happy to get some expirings on the books so he has the option to dodge the tax again next year.

36 minutes ago, warcore said:

Nope. The whole reason Crowder wants out is he doesn't wanna be behind Cam in the rotation. They will not be traded together. 

Crowder/Saric/Craig/and a 1st might get it done if we want out of his contract.. All on 1 year deals..

Oh here’s another thought,

Perhaps the right coach hasn’t unlocked JC’s impact and potential he can bring to the team. He had Bud for one year then Lloyd and Nate, I mean, that’s not great.

Oh, is his thumb really jacked still? And is that impacting his shooting? I didn’t know if that’s actually true or a crock of bs.

@NBASupes in this deal they throw in your generational defender mista mista Craaaaaaiiiigggg too! Just a team of WOOF WOOF 🐶 DAWGS ON D DOH 😣 

DM OO CROWDER CAP HUNTER CRAIG!

Ain’t nobody wanna try and score on that in a lockdown type of playoff game 7’s. That’s like putting a lid on the rim baby!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2pzq8ac3

Hawks get: Crowder/Cam/Craig/1st

Suns get: JC

LEGGGGGGOOOOO AHHHHHH MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (as I hit the top of the rim with a mini ball) … :er:

image.gif.f132777bfa9bea11ab54b705147f0cd3.gif

3B97D88A-8EAB-44D4-B0E3-305A385A881A.jpeg

11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

JC, the ultimate teammate but he’s gotta get traded for us to get better. I can’t put a finger on exactly why but something about him playing the 4 isn’t a fit with DJ and Trae.

Been saying it for years.. Not the best fit with CC either...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter is not a problem. JC is.

I still cant believe Schlenk fell for the okie doke and paid him before he had to(yes I can actually..smh).. 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

There is ZERO chance we get Cam Johnson bro. If that is what we are asking for it ain't gonna happen. 

Agreed... Thats why I said Crowder, Saric, Craig, and a 1st...Just get rid of JC contract..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I still cant believe Schlenk fell for the okie doke and paid him before he had to(yes I can actually..smh).. 

His contract is fine which is why it's still tradeable without giving up picks.  I don't see an issue with that piece.  Much better to keep him as an asset even if we didn't want him long term.  

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

His contract is fine which is why it's still tradeable without giving up picks.  I don't see an issue with that piece.  Much better to keep him as an asset even if we didn't want him long term.  

Contract is fine but we havent been able to move him for 3 years? I hope youre right..We may have to give up a pick just to get rid of him if he keeps shooting the way he is....

Edited by terrell

13 minutes ago, swanlee said:

I wish this would stop. John is a professional that adds alot to the team ge us a swiss army knife every yeam needs. Must suck to have gotten that long term contract and trade rumors still follow him around.

Very lame

If hes a professional he knows this is a business..

And how can you be a swiss army knife when you cant dribble, pass, or defend at a high level?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

No one, including DJ, is a fit with Trae (or should we say, "Schlenk's Folly"?)

Edited by Watchman