• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move John Collins? This again?

thecampster

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

This is just dumb.  One 'preliminary' is a pointless word in this sentence.  Means nothing.

Second, we're to believe that PHX in interested and inquired about Collins but then isn't interested because of his contract?  Ok right.

PHX:  Hey Travis we're interested in JC what do you want for him

Travis:  Why don't you make me an offer

PHX:  we're not interested in him his contract is too much

Exactly. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

No one, including DJ, is a fit with Trae (or should we say, "Schlenk's Folly"?)

"No one" - it only takes one counter to show this is false right? CC is an objectively great fit with Trae

5 minutes ago, akay said:

"No one" - it only takes one counter to show this is false right? CC is an objectively great fit with Trae

He didn't look so great against Boston.  Everyone's game is diminished having to cover for Trae's complete lack of defense, and his petty, punitive exclusiveness with his passes.  Schlenk should have been fired for passing up on Doncic, who requires no special accommodations, to get Trae, who requires a lot of special accommodations,  and a wasted draft pick.

Edited by Watchman
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, swanlee said:

I wish this would stop. John is a professional that adds alot to the team ge us a swiss army knife every yeam needs. Must suck to have gotten that long term contract and trade rumors still follow him around.

Very lame

Immediately after trading him, we're gonna be looking for a player exactly like him.  Madness. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

He didn't look so great against Boston.  Everyone's game is diminished having to cover for Trae's complete lack of defense, and his petty, punitive exclusiveness with his passes.  Schlenk should have been fired for passing up on Doncic, who requires no special accommodations, to get Trae, who requires a lot of special accommodations,  and a wasted draft pick.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference between Luka and Trae as far as how they have impacted their franchises.  Both have turned high lottery teams into playoff teams.  Dallas has won a few more regular season games and the Hawks have had the deeper playoff run.  This year they are very similar as well (ATL 9-6; DAL 8-6).  

I view these as clear winning draft picks for both teams.  In a redraft, Luka goes #1 overall and Trae goes #2 overall, imo.  I don't see anyone who is close to bumping either of them.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Sigh!

Same shit - Different year!  Nothing new! Might as well just repost every rumor for the past 4 years.

I guess at some point it will happen :ahf:

Excerpt!

The Hawks have opened up preliminary trade discussions around forward John Collins, as interested teams inquire, league sources tell The Athletic. The Suns are a team showing desire in Collins, those sources have added, but they appear uninclined to take on the long-term money of Collins, who is in the second season of a five-year, $125 million contract. The Hawks don’t have an imminent deal in place involving Collins, those sources say, and executives around the league believe a potential deal will be weeks and potentially months in the making ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline.

The inclusion of Collins in the trade talks is not uncommon. For several years now, the Hawks have had a bevy of suitors for Collins, who has established himself as a highflying impact talent in the frontcourt. Collins battled through multiple hand and foot injuries last season, and after an offseason of trade chatter, returned to the organization with a new All-Star backcourt of Trae Young and Dejounte Murray.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

JC, the ultimate teammate but he’s gotta get traded for us to get better. I can’t put a finger on exactly why but something about him playing the 4 isn’t a fit with DJ and Trae.

but let’s be honest, Dre had some real bricks in the Boston game too.

With the Hawks JC will always been the guy that Fans want gone.. no matter what he does.   No reason for it aside from we lost a game.   Some of you are predictable and Lame.  As soon as we lose a game, the drum beats... we have to move either JC or we have to move Trae. 

No.. I'll pass.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

With the Hawks JC will always been the guy that Fans want gone.. no matter what he does.   No reason for it aside from we lost a game.   Some of you are predictable and Lame.  As soon as we lose a game, the drum beats... we have to move either JC or we have to move Trae. 

No.. I'll pass.

yes, Thats what happens when franchise hasnt won anything.  

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Some of you are predictable and Lame.  As soon as we lose a game, the drum beats... we have to move either JC or we have to move Trae. 

I’m kinda lame 😒… but NOT FOR THAT REASON.

Ive never said trade Trae. That’s insanity, no that’s just.. no. JC though, he’s a good player and great off the floor but in which stretch has he dominated (not even statistically) but with all the little things to a point that that we’ve gone on win streaks. Look I’m not forgetting what he’s capable of and what he brings, I’m just saying based on what HE and HUNTER make as far as their salaries, we have to think ahead and continuously try and get better on the floor and keep flexibility moving forward. 

I’m also not the fan that wants to

1. Make a deal just to make a deal.

2. Trade players based on if we won or lost a game or two or a few. This is more about the long run.

3. Also not trying to go Young with draft picks or anything like that. I want a VET like Crowder who gets dirty as a dog on D. Now JC has been gritty lately but again, is it in his nature to continually grind it out vs  bruising bigs. Plus getting a Cam back makes sense he’s an outside gunner who is super efficient and smart, he  will acclimate to Trae and DM’s games as far as spacing better than JC does.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No.. I'll pass.

I don’t think fans want him gone. I think other gms around the league value his versatility and he can fit with most teams. Travis, up to this point, has valued his versatility more. Other teams keep sniffing around to see if his value drops to us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No.. I'll pass.

I don't suggest that Trae gets traded, because we all know it won't happen.  If things continue as they are right now, I don't see Murray staying here once his contract expires.  I don't believe this is what he was expecting, at all. 

I hope for Collins' sake he does get traded, so he can play for a team that will appreciate him.  I think he made a mistake not having surgery on his finger during this offseason, and think he should do so ASAP.  There has to be an explanation for the drop off in his shooting efficiency after the first few games of this season, and the sudden drop off in his rebounding.  I suspect the finger is the problem.  

Another potential trade for JC, we were linked to Jerami Grant a bit. He’s versatile and fits better than JC. He’s got that outside touch with a beautiful inside game. This dude’s skills have improved every year, good genes 🧬 and good habits apparently passed on from Harvey and Unc Ho.

Trae/DM/Hunter/Grant/Cap

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2nezfrkh

image.gif.4de7642a58bc5b5bdd91450c830f21e6.gif

image.gif.1ab3680a06395ea7456c4ac99a18d39d.gif

D0EF3FDB-4C3E-4294-9929-3D715D0C1DF3.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No.. I'll pass.

It's actually obvious why we would choose him to be gone. The most obvious on the team. Because he don't fit no more and his contract is impact level so he has to be an impact at least on one side of the court. He was an impact for us but we had a limit for our team's success. Sadly, JC is another casualty of Trae's horrendous defense like Kevin was.

• Sad 1

Anyone here ever "go window shopping" at a used car lot?  How about at a new car dealer?

You weren't really looking to trade, just giving all the cars that eyeball test.

I believe this is the current John Collins deal.  Someone looked.  What would it take - - ?  Not really wanting to trade.  Just brolusing around.  Thus, a hot rumor !!

:smug:

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

JC though, he’s a good player and great off the floor but in which stretch has he dominated (not even statistically) but with all the little things to a point that that we’ve gone on win streaks.

The answer to this question is that he has never dominated in that way. But with this team's current composition, which PF could? Capela is always around the rim, meaning whoever the PF is has to stay around the perimeter. That will reduce you into being a role player because the majority of PFs cannot be relied upon to create their own shot. There's no secondary action in this offense to get anyone else involved. If the PnR doesn't genreate a shot, somebody has to improvise. The most we're doing off the ball is setting screens to try and get a shooter open. The players on this team individually have improved, but this offense does little to maximize anybody's talent.

• Thanks 2