• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Griff Money replace Hunter?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Instead of this wasted JC talk, here's the question that should be asked?

Will AJ Griffin be the guy to replace Hunter... not later, but this year. 

Listening to Doris the other night, Hunter has potential and trade value.   However, watching Griff money, I think Griff has that it factor and can be a replacement for Hunter in Trade.   The question is.. who would be the trade partner and what could we get. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

It's too early to make Griffin a starter. He's still a bad defender. Coming off the bench it's less of an issue because he's not on the floor against team's strongest lineups. But if you asked him to start full time, he'd be exposed consistently, especially next to Trae.

Actually, I get the feeling that this is true AND it makes more sense to trade Hunter next year after his PPP status is gone. 

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Only idiots will come in here saying yes. Anyone with a sense of Basketball intelligence will treat this thread like Diesels famous Chris Kaman needs to be traded for with Al Horford. Still one of the most stupid threads I've ever read in my life. 

Oh yes.. How's that Cam worship going??? Do you still think he's "the man"??

You can talk about a stupid thread.  I can talk about stupid player worship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Oh yes.. How's that Cam worship going??? Do you still think he's "the man"??

You can talk about a stupid thread.  I can talk about stupid player worship.

Don't forget about Horford being better than Karl Malone too.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

I didn't remember the thread that Supes was saying about me...  So I did a deep dive...

Who I am not...

I am not Kimsey...

I am not Hots...

Here's what I said a few years later...

Do you call him senile or something else?

He did say that Al Horford was better than Karl Malone though?  Understand, I didn't like Horford that much.   He was always a bad fit because of his poor rebounding. 

Moreover, Hindsight is nothing. Kaman was an allstar at one point.  There were rumors that we were going to trade for him.  It was the talk of the day.  Supes wants to come 14 years later and point the finger at Kimsey or Hots for making a statement about a player who at the time was not as bad as his career turned out to be.  That's an idiot.  When he tries to make the call before hand... it doesn't turn out.   Aint that right Cam. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Actually, I get the feeling that this is true AND it makes more sense to trade Hunter next year after his PPP status is gone. 

Lmaooo. I actually really like Griffin too both as a rookie and for his potential and you couldn't be anymore wrong. There is a reason many people like Hunter more than anyone on our squad that's not Trae or Murray. 

Griffin has potential. Especially as swingman as he continues to polish up his scoring arsenal and learns how to function. But his status with us is to develop into a quality 6th man. He does that first, then we can start thinking next steps but he's too far from that and not even close to being in the top 30 for SGs or SFs yet to even be mentioned with Hunter who's top 11 or 12 depending how you view Scottie Barnes at this stage compared to Dre.

Edited by NBASupes

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

I didn't remember the thread that Supes was saying about me...  So I did a deep dive...

Who I am not...

I am not Kimsey...

I am not Hots...

Here's what I said a few years later...

Do you call him senile or something else?

He did say that Al Horford was better than Karl Malone though?  Understand, I didn't like Horford that much.   He was always a bad fit because of his poor rebounding. 

Moreover, Hindsight is nothing. Kaman was an allstar at one point.  There were rumors that we were going to trade for him.  It was the talk of the day.  Supes wants to come 14 years later and point the finger at Kimsey or Hots for making a statement about a player who at the time was not as bad as his career turned out to be.  That's an idiot.  When he tries to make the call before hand... it doesn't turn out.   Aint that right Cam. 

I recall you dying on that Kaman>Horford and Okafor>Horford hill for ages back in the days more than anyone else. Don't run from that. 

I've always say I'll take Al Horford over Karl Malone. I've never been that impressed with Malone while I've always been extremely high on Horford. Just a better impact and basketball player to me. Clyde Drexler and Karl Malone are the prime example of era players to me. They fit for that era. Not saying Malone or Drexler would be uneffective today but their offense lived off of transition which was a lot more common in the 80s and early 90s when the wings athletic ability was superiorly inferior. I've been on record for saying if you placed prime Ben Simmons into the 90s, he would be a damn cheat code. 

For me, Horford is the perfect modern role playing big man. Malone is a spammy relic and that's why his playoff stats fell of a cliff. No one gives enough credit to Stockton who was miles away the best player on that squad and would dominate in today's NBA as well.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Lmaooo. I actually really like Griffin too both as a rookie and for his potential and you couldn't be anymore wrong. There is a reason many people like Hunter more than anyone on our squad that's not Trae or Murray. 

Griffin has potential. Especially as swingman as he continues to polish up his scoring arsenal and learns how to function. But his status with us is to develop into a quality 6th man. He does that first, then we can start thinking next steps but he's too far from that and not even close to being in the top 30 for SGs or SFs yet to even be mentioned with Hunter who's top 11 or 12 depending how you view Scottie Barnes at this stage compared to Dre.

Let me help you understand...

If we find a reason to keep DJM...  We are going to have to pay him.   DJM is one of the best defensive Guards in the game.. maybe thee Best... He's going to have to be paid.  This ownership is not big on being over the cap without chips...  If things continue to go as they are going...I can see them choosing to follow out what we can do with Griff.... if a team completing trade can happen with Hunter.  If the league sees Hunter the way that you do, then surely, we can get some good things back for him post ppp. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

For me, Horford is the perfect modern role playing big man. Malone is a spammy relic and that's why his playoff stats fell of a cliff. No one gives enough credit to Stockton who was miles away the best player on that squad and would dominate in today's NBA as well.

While everybody else is trying to determine if the best PF in The Modern History of Basketball is Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, KG, or Charles Barkley....  You're saying... no no no.. Horford is better. 

I hate Karl Malone the man.  But I respect him as a PF/NBA HOFer.   And if you take Rings off the table and compare, He's probably the best PF in modern history..   But you may continue. 

33 minutes ago, Diesel said:

While everybody else is trying to determine if the best PF in The Modern History of Basketball is Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, KG, or Charles Barkley....  You're saying... no no no.. Horford is better. 

I hate Karl Malone the man.  But I respect him as a PF/NBA HOFer.   And if you take Rings off the table and compare, He's probably the best PF in modern history..   But you may continue. 

This is your opinion. Clearly not mines. I don't see him in the top 10 for me. 

For me,

Duncan

Giannis

Dirk

KG

Chuck

Pettit

Hayes

AD

McHale

Gasol

Malone is in the same tier with Bosh, Green, and Rodman for me. The system player tier. 

He ain't that guy and he ain't that guy that makes everyone around him better like Horford does. He's in the 3rd tier which is the guy who vastly benefits from a system and his era more than anything else. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

KG

Did you see the list of top 5 PF from KG? He put in Rasheed Wallace and took out Dirk :laugh:

You forgot C Webb on your list m. Webber was a bad boy. Imagine Chris Webber with his big hands working the pick n rolls with Trae. Wow.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Did you see the list of top 5 PF from KG? He put in Rasheed Wallace and took out Dirk :laugh:

You forgot C Webb on your list m. Webber was a bad boy. Imagine Chris Webber with his big hands working the pick n rolls with Trae. Wow.

I love C. Webb and he was definitely a stud but sadly, his career outside of a nice run with Sacramento was underwhelming for me. He's in the same tier with a guy like A'mare for me. What could have been tier. 

WOAH!  If I understand Diesel correctly, He ask if AJ Griffin would be able, eventually, to replace Hunter.  This is a forward looking question.  Not something to look to do in the next few weeks.

Perhaps something to think about next year at this time, not next week.  Yes, I expect AJ to be pushing hard for that 6th man spot by season's end.  Start by this time next season?  You all know that this could happen.  

Hunter is good.  AJ will be good.  Hunter is now.  AJ is future.  Will the Hawks keep them both?  Trade both of them for someone they really need at some future date?  No one can guarantee the future.  We can only guess.

Some Hawk trades are great.  Murray.  Some, not very good.  Huerter.  The future of Hunter & AJ?

🧑‍🔧

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love C. Webb and he was definitely a stud but sadly, his career outside of a nice run with Sacramento was underwhelming for me. He's in the same tier with a guy like A'mare for me. What could have been tier. 

I’ll take CWebb over Amare 8 days a week. He could have been better but Sac had an awesome squad and it was complete BS for the Lakers to win it that year. I don’t get it, the ref blatantly said he cheated and they don’t strip them if the title?  Or the Astros in 2017, I don’t get ish like that. You can cheat and your record still stands? 

ps My whole thing was the big soft hands for Webber. When he got the ball in the paint he made you feel secure if you were a fan. 

Between you and I @NBASupes I love the fck outta some big mitts 🧤 I’ll tell ya. Webb.. Kawhi.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

He finally admits it. Everything makes so much more sense now. 

:applause: @bird_dirt from way downtown..

BAAAAAANNNNGGGG!!! -Breen

Or our beloved Marv.. (in my best Marv uhuhuhh {voice clear})

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH …. YESSSSS!!!!  A SPECTACULAR MOOOOOVVVEEE BYYYYYYY @bird_dirt 

:cheer:#longlivethe90sCBSNBCWHATEVER 😂 

• Like 1