Happy Thanksgiving, Squawkers.... and now, answer this question...


sturt
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Premium Member

 

Don't think I've ever had mac and cheese as a Thanksgiving side dish, incidentally, and fail to understand the concept....

Broccoli cheese casserole, though, was always a winner... so I'll go with that.

Just me and the wife today, and we'll have that, sweet potato casserole, fried yellow squash, turkey and yeast rolls, followed by Mrs. Smith's apple pie and vanilla ice cream.

Go Cowboys!

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE IN SQUAWKLAND!

I'll have supper at my daughter's.  Choice of turkey or ham and many, many side dishes.  Loads of fruit and vegtables!  

🥰

 

And your favorite if you had to pick???

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE IN SQUAWKLAND!

I'll have supper at my daughter's.  Choice of turkey or ham and many, many side dishes.  Loads of fruit and vegtables!  

🥰

Have a great one, Gray mule!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  Grateful to have this site for enjoyment... and life or death discussions!!  🙂
P.S.  Stuffing #1, real cranberries #2.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, sturt said:

 

And your favorite if you had to pick???

Stuffing - Ham - beans and potatoes - banana pudding - pumpkin pie.  

🥰

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't eat these anymore, but Stuffing and Mac and Cheese were my go to. 

My favorite desert was sweet potato pie and apple pie. Also, loved the pound cakes.

My current favorite is the collard greens.

Yes - I love to eat!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Dressing = #1.

Some type of Yam dish (sweet potato) = #2. 

Give me that Fake Cranberry Sauce from Ocean Spray!!!  Are you kidding?

It's been about 20 years since I've seen Mac and Cheese on Thanksgiving... it's almost blasphemous.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Stuffing - Ham - beans and potatoes - banana pudding - pumpkin pie.  

🥰

Okay... as Squawker Emeritus 😉  ... you can have special permission to have six favorites, I suppose.  ...

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yam dish (sweet potato)

This is the bigger controversy as far as I can tell.... stuffing vs. dressing a runner-up to yams vs. sweet potatoes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sturt said:

 

Don't think I've ever had mac and cheese as a Thanksgiving side dish, incidentally, and fail to understand the concept....

Broccoli cheese casserole, though, was always a winner... so I'll go with that.

Just me and the wife today, and we'll have that, sweet potato casserole, fried yellow squash, turkey and yeast rolls, followed by Mrs. Smith's apple pie and vanilla ice cream.

Go Cowboys!

 

 

cowboys? its all starting to make sense 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member

Happy Thanksgiving brothers!

Last time I had mac and cheese, it gave me the runs for days so try to avoid it now, sorry. Would say my favorite is mashed potatoes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Premium Member
9 hours ago, sturt said:

This is the bigger controversy as far as I can tell.... stuffing vs. dressing a runner-up to yams vs. sweet potatoes.

Honestly, we don't get real yams...so It's always sweet potatoes 

secondly.. Dressing. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.