Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, LongTimeFan said:

To have a bee in one’s bonnet means to be obsessed with a certain idea, to be preoccupied with something. The term is derived from the Scottish idiom a head full of bees. This term is first found in a translation of Virgil’s Aeneid, rendered by the Scott Alexander Douglas in the mid-1500s: “Quhat bern be thou in bed with heid full of beis?” By the late 1700s, the idiom evolved into have a bee in one’s bonnet, as evinced in Reverend Philip Doddridge’s Letters: “He has, as the Scotch call it, a Bee in his Bonnet.” The idiom is now often used as a an admonishment when someone is too obsessed with a certain idea, as in “Who put a bee in your bonnet?

The fact that you looked this up . . . hahaha.

I never knew what it meant, so thanks.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, LongTimeFan said:

To have a bee in one’s bonnet means to be obsessed with a certain idea, to be preoccupied with something. The term is derived from the Scottish idiom a head full of bees. This term is first found in a translation of Virgil’s Aeneid, rendered by the Scott Alexander Douglas in the mid-1500s: “Quhat bern be thou in bed with heid full of beis?” By the late 1700s, the idiom evolved into have a bee in one’s bonnet, as evinced in Reverend Philip Doddridge’s Letters: “He has, as the Scotch call it, a Bee in his Bonnet.” The idiom is now often used as a an admonishment when someone is too obsessed with a certain idea, as in “Who put a bee in your bonnet?

Well damn. :curtsey:.

:laugh1:

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No . . . it's like what Bird said, and what I alluded to last night.  Dejounte is not running the bench unit well AT ALL.  Very loose with the ball.  Very few assists, unless in transition.  He even shoots the ball worse with this group.

We've got guys not getting into the right positions on the court, even running into each other. Murray's TOs are definitely his fault, but on that last one he had some miscommunication with OO who I think expected to get the ball in the post whereas Murray wanted a screen. Just simple stuff that has to get worked out.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

We've got guys not getting into the right positions on the court, even running into each other. Murray's TOs are definitely his fault, but on that last one he had some miscommunication with OO who I think expected to get the ball in the post whereas Murray wanted a screen. Just simple stuff that has to get worked out.

There is definitely still some of that.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And there was a CUT by DeAndre toward the basket.  And Trae found him beautifully.

Can we keep this up for 4 qtrs is the question.. We've seen this movie before...

Hawks are shooting 51% Fg and 36% 3pt%

Sixers are shooting 41% FG and 30% from 3

And we're only up 4..

Not a good sign.... 

3rd qtr will be crucial..

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh!

This shit is what got LP fired.. We cant finish for shit...

A sure fire way to lose for this team is to go up double digits.

They just lose focus and give games away.

Maybe we should let teams get 10 point leads early every game and try comebacks instead.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thank God for JHol - the only bench guy with points.

Forrest also has 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 rebounds.

Okongwu with ZERO field goal attempts.

OO has been so disapointing this season IMO.. I thought this was "the year" for him...

I’m clenching for the 3rd qtr meltdown. It’s become our MO. Do we have it in us to fix ourselves?