• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jerry Jones Discussion December 2022

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🇺🇸‘s team. The good, the bad and the disgusting.

Jerry Jones wow 😯 

@sturt no bueno señor …thoughts? 

720911EB-BA35-45C8-94B0-B28D1EB6EFD9.jpeg

1. Being a fan of a team shouldn't be taken to mean that a person is also an apologist for its owner.

2a. Being a sober and intelligent human being should be taken to mean that a person is capable of both acknowledging what is known as well as what is unknown... and thus... to resist making assumptions as a general rule they live by.

2b. I don't know what 14 year-old Jerry was doing or saying. I have a picture. That's all I've got. A picture.

3. But even if I did know what he was doing or saying... I don't... but if I did... I think a lot like Stephen A. Smith (... damn, did I just say that???... me???... ) that we're edging into some pathological grasping at straws if we're going to try to convince someone that one's 14 yr old decisions are somehow salient and somehow wipe away what we know about the adult in 30-ish years of him being in the public eye.

4. Sometimes stirring the pot says a lot more about the pot stirrer than what's in the pot. Just sayin. C'mon man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

4. Sometimes stirring the pot says a lot more about the pot stirrer than what's in the pot. Just sayin. C'mon man.

Hey I wasn’t the one in the picture trying to stop equal human rights. That’s your favorite franchise’s owner. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

trying to stop equal human rights

2 hours ago, sturt said:

2a. Being a sober and intelligent human being should be taken to mean that a person is capable of both acknowledging what is known as well as what is unknown... and thus... to resist making assumptions as a general rule they live by.

2b. I don't know what 14 year-old Jerry was doing or saying. I have a picture. That's all I've got. A picture.

3. But even if I did know what he was doing or saying... I don't... but if I did... I think a lot like Stephen A. Smith (... damn, did I just say that???... me???... ) that we're edging into some pathological grasping at straws if we're going to try to convince someone that one's 14 yr old decisions are somehow salient and somehow wipe away what we know about the adult in 30-ish years of him being in the public eye.

tenor.gif?itemid=13168392

Then again, maybe I'm the one assuming too much... ie, about that "sober and intelligent" thing. Spose that might be a difference b/t the two of us... I presume the benefit of a doubt... while you presume the worst of people... and yes, even 14 year-olds.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

Snyder spilling all the beans.  I bet he has tons of stuff on those owners. 

Snyder? I missed that part of the story, if true. Weird. I'd understood Jerry was one of his few friends among the other owners.

19 minutes ago, sturt said:

while you presume

So in the Sturt dictionary. Presume=saw factual evidence via a photo…

Aaaaaasssss wel as… know the kind of scumbag Jerry Jones is..

Here’s another beauty. John Wayne would be proud of this one, maybe Johnny Carson too! :meowth:

Sturt, in this photo he’s not 14, he’s .. I don’t OLDER.. yet he’s still a child. Ugh 😩 This one is kinda just like a gross perverted old mafcker type guy.

🏃‍♀️ before the lock 🔒 

E7DFEAE9-2EA5-4208-857C-8993CF0BD3F8.png

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So in the Sturt dictionary. Presume=saw factual evidence via a photo…

Aaaaaasssss wel as… know the kind of scumbag Jerry Jones is..

Here’s another beauty. John Wayne would be proud of this one, maybe Johnny Carson too! :meowth:

Sturt, in this photo he’s not 14, he’s .. I don’t OLDER.. yet he’s still a child. Ugh 😩 This one is kinda just like a gross perverted old mafcker type guy.

🏃‍♀️ before the lock 🔒 

E7DFEAE9-2EA5-4208-857C-8993CF0BD3F8.png

What is going on rn?  @sturt, I'm not sure where you stand but I'd advise against vouching for a guy like Jerr-E.  I doubt any bajillionaire got where they were without cutting a few corners morally.

He probably wasn't a finished product at 14 but .... eh, that pics not a good look at best.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Presume=saw factual evidence via a photo

Evidence is one thing.

Sufficient evidence another.

If I had a picture of 14 year-old Spud with a known Houston drug house in the background, that would be evidence enough to convict you?

I don't know if Jerry was there because he was making some statement about his racial beliefs, or if like I was at 14, he and his buddy heard some commotion, and they wanted to go see what was going on.

But again again... even if Jerry is guilty of what you presume him to be.... just like even if Spud were guilty of what you would presume him to be based on "photo evidence"... he... you... are 14 damn years old.

If we get an explicit picture of him (or you... or me) raping a 10 year-old as a teenager, that's different. We need no additional insight if the picture is graphic enough and it can be proven to be him (or you... or me)

You'd have made one helluva lawyer, Spud, that's for sure.

For all the wrong reasons.

Don't let me get in the way of that pot stirrin, tho... you clearly have an axe you're trying to grind, and won't be persuaded otherwise.

I'm out. No desire to keep repeating myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

If I had a picture of 14 year-old Spud with a known Houston drug house in the background, that would be evidence enough to convict you?

Don’t talk to me like a child iiiiiii played Hamlet at Cambridge!!!!

image.gif.106bad294b372d534cb8dda2072b14fc.gif

Aye player (Sturt) only evidence of me you’ll find in H town might be hoopin back in the day as kids with this man nothin more bro I’m always and have been about the hooping. 🏀 
image.gif.3cdd2dadd98802024fad90748863660c.gif

One thing: Back in the day in H town in the early 80’s, predominantly black poor neighborhood as well as many people on drugs in the areas I grew up. Luckily I was able to avoid it and my family moved outta there when I was 10. After I left, a mess of friends kept dying one by one and a lot of them were my close friends, one was my best friend, he died about 7 years ago, he was 40. 😢 

Edited by Spud2nique