• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What percentage of our current problems do you all put on Nate?

Wurider05

• Premium Member

If I had to guess who...

1.  It would not be CC. 

CC lives like a King in Nate's system. 

2.  It would not be Trae.

Trae does what he wants in Nate's system.

3.  Murray... Could be...

Murray still looks like he's out of sorts on the court. 

4.  AJ

Griff Money making a play for Dad??  Nah.

5.  Holidaze

Possibly.  They have been tasting the bench.  But neither is of the stature to go to the FO. 

6.  OO

Hmm.  Lots of people believe in OO.   OO has been sorta underwhelming.   OO could be the one.

IF it were Trae, we would be interviewing new coaches.

At any rate, this is not good.   My take on Nate is that I'm OK with him as long as he still has the team.  This is a chink in that armor. 

17 hours ago, Diesel said:

Shooting off the screen is not as easy as you think.

I don't know if Trae has that ability.   Watching Trae, he can shoot off of his own movement.   i.e. he gets a guy in the switch, he makes two moves and jacks the shot.   As I watch Trae, he searches for his spot when he has the ball.   He's very unlike what I have seen with Reggie and what I see with Euro Bogi.   EuroBogi and Reggie can do one thing that I have not seen Trae do...  Square up.   Even though Reggie had the most flicted release, when you looked at his body, his body was always square.. which made him excellent off the screen.  Bogi does that too.   Probably why both of them can shoot high percentage from three.   If Trae is square, I really can't tell.   He kinda hoists up the shot from what I consider odd angles.  It's unique and impressive but I think it's based on being in his preferred spot. 

Even now.  Off ball.  Trae is a killer when he's already standing in his spot and somebody passes him the ball.  I have to watch closely to see if he can catch and shoot... I don't know if he can. 

AJ has that same trait as Bogi.  He squares up... so even though I don't know if he can catch and shoot consistently, I believe that he can. 

Diesel, this is a good point many fail to consider. Trae doesn't have a quick shot and actually it's a slow release. He needs to set his aim/square up before he shoots the ball. Guys like Curry, Reggie Miller, Klay, etc can get their shots off in mere milliseconds. AJ has a slow release as well. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Diesel, this is a good point many fail to consider. Trae doesn't have a quick shot and actually it's a slow release. He needs to set his aim/square up before he shoots the ball. Guys like Curry, Reggie Miller, Klay, etc can get their shots off in mere milliseconds. AJ has a slow release as well. 

What I have been noticing about AJ (which Trae does also) is that AJ can make room/time for himself.  He has a dribble with a Muhammed Ali foot shuffle and then he moves to shoot.   Last night he had it working and he looked Grant Hill Smoove with it.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What I have been noticing about AJ (which Trae does also) is that AJ can make room/time for himself.  He has a dribble with a Muhammed Ali foot shuffle and then he moves to shoot.   Last night he had it working and he looked Grant Hill Smoove with it.  

Agree, Griffin has a slow release but he has likely been aware of this for his entire life and has adapted on how to create the necessary time/space to get clean look on his shots.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JTB said:

That would be so interesting if it was CC! Lol

I didn’t think it was Trae….It could very well be Collins and/or Murray.

I don’t see how anyone who hears about this could come away with thinking it could be anyone but Trae. He at least has to be the odds on favorite IMO. And after not even showing up for the game to support the team from the bench leads to all signs pointing to you know who. 

[Allegedly] What player has been the most vocal about the direction of the team, the players we keep, the players we can trade, the players we trade for, Lloyd, etc.? One player has his fingerprints all over the team, and that one player hasn’t been playing as well this year, which could lead to more frustration. One last thing…who else would be worth the pseudo-protection of not being called out by the source? Not a Holiday or a Culver, or a guy who’s been on the trading block for the better part of two years. I feel like not saying who it was means the source doesn’t want to officially call out the player, but the quotation marks around “player” implies someone more significant than just any player. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. 

I haven’t heard what exactly was said. I know I certainly have plenty of gripes with the coaching this year, so I’m not judging any player from speaking up. But internet detectives are cute trying to think who else would act out like that. 

(Side note : I’m not trying to call out @JTB specifically on this, I just quoted his post as one of a number of examples of speculating on any other players that I’ve seen here and on Twitter.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I don’t see how anyone who hears about this could come away with thinking it could be anyone but Trae. He at least has to be the odds on favorite IMO. And after not even showing up for the game to support the team from the bench leads to all signs pointing to you know who. 

[Allegedly] What player has been the most vocal about the direction of the team, the players we keep, the players we can trade, the players we trade for, Lloyd, etc.? One player has his fingerprints all over the team, and that one player hasn’t been playing as well this year, which could lead to more frustration. One last thing…who else would be worth the pseudo-protection of not being called out by the source? Not a Holiday or a Culver, or a guy who’s been on the trading block for the better part of two years. I feel like not saying who it was means the source doesn’t want to officially call out the player, but the quotation marks around “player” implies someone more significant than just any player. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. 

I haven’t heard what exactly was said. I know I certainly have plenty of gripes with the coaching this year, so I’m not judging any player from speaking up. But internet detectives are cute trying to think who else would act out like that. 

(Side note : I’m not trying to call out @JTB specifically on this, I just quoted his post as one of a number of examples of speculating on any other players that I’ve seen here and on Twitter.)

Dirt, I want to be in agreement with you...

The problem is its Nate.  Nate has bent over backwards giving Trae everything that benefits him.   Plus it happened at practice and I'm not so sure that Trae was even there practicing.  However, he may have taken a stand and said I'm sitting tonight.   But his tweets suggests that he's not sulking. 

But here's one thing...  DJM's after the game comments....to me.... seemed focused.   He said, "I don't stop trusting guys because they miss a shot.  I see the work they put in and that's what makes me trust them.". 

IF these were indeed focused words, I hope Trae took them to heart and didn't take them as disrespect.  Honestly, I have seen Trae cut off guys because they missed a shot.  And I'm in agreement with DJM (to an extent).  It's funny, I had a video short with Gilbert Arenas saying IF I don't see you putting in work on the practice floor and in the weight room, then I'm not passing to you in the game.   I thought about that while DJM was talking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Yeah it’s all just speculation. I’m not ruling out Trae I just don’t think it’s him this time around since the offense is literally built around him ….if he’s pushing to change it from being built around him only then that would be interesting but don’t get me wrong it wouldn’t be shocking if it is Trae due to what we know in the past but it’s just odd since Trae literally played a great offensive game his last outing before the Nuggets game. Why the hell would he choose to complain when he literally dropped 30 & 14 a day or two before this report came out.

I understand Trae is stubborn and you listed good reasons but it just doesn’t make sense unless Trae is really being a big time diva which to me majority superstars are divas in every era but I don’t see this one being Trae. Trae is strategic when he decides to complain in my opinion. He wears his heart on his sleeve so we will be able to tell if he’s not playing comfortably to prove a point and he hasn’t been doing that.

collins would have a legitimate reason to gripe at McMillan in my opinion and should be listed as a high possibility  regardless of the high character title he gets among fans…. being told by your last two coaches that “we don’t run plays for Collins” and then saying it publicly, then the constant trade rumors every season , and adding Murray which bumps him down as supposedly the 3rd best player is a tough situation..…I don’t care how much of a team spirit you have IF I were Collins and I think my offense could help generate more wins I’d acknowledge it and show frustration wherever that need to be directed.

Could be Hunter…you know those quite ones always snap unexpectedly out of no where. 

maybe it’s the rook…maybe AJ is seeing that he can hang with the big boys offensively and feel he needs more plays.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Dirt, I want to be in agreement with you...

The problem is its Nate.  Nate has bent over backwards giving Trae everything that benefits him.   Plus it happened at practice and I'm not so sure that Trae was even there practicing.  However, he may have taken a stand and said I'm sitting tonight.   But his tweets suggests that he's not sulking. 

But here's one thing...  DJM's after the game comments....to me.... seemed focused.   He said, "I don't stop trusting guys because they miss a shot.  I see the work they put in and that's what makes me trust them.". 

IF these were indeed focused words, I hope Trae took them to heart and didn't take them as disrespect.  Honestly, I have seen Trae cut off guys because they missed a shot.  And I'm in agreement with DJM (to an extent).  It's funny, I had a video short with Gilbert Arenas saying IF I don't see you putting in work on the practice floor and in the weight room, then I'm not passing to you in the game.   I thought about that while DJM was talking.

If it is Trae then it will come out very soon. I bet our inside sources already know who the player is from the report.

• Premium Member

The one thing that suggests to me that it was not DJM is that during the game, in the 4th, DJM goes to the side and is receiving good instruction from Nate.   DJM strikes me as the type of guy that if we got beef, we aint talking. 

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Y’all don’t go all prisoner of the moment here with Nate. Don’t forget about him getting outclassed every second last year in the playoffs against Spo and Miami. Granted, Spo is a top 3 coach in the NBA, but Nate literally had no counters.

I wish people would go further than the boxscore for those games. 

NO Clint.  NO JC.  Bogi just admitted that he was playing in pain on one leg and didn't play the last 2 games.  No Lou.    When we hobbled into the arena with OO as our starting Center being backed up by TLC.. what do you expect??

Our starting 5 was:  Trae, Gallo, Kevin, OO, and Hunter. 

Mr. Makeitrain Huerter was 2 for 6 from three in his first game and only attempted 8 shots.

When OO would go out, Gallo would slide over to C and TLC would come in as BU PF.   

How much coaching is needed to beat that??

Robert-downey-jr-eye-roll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I wish people would go further than the boxscore for those games. 

NO Clint.  NO JC.  Bogi just admitted that he was playing in pain on one leg and didn't play the last 2 games.  No Lou.    When we hobbled into the arena with OO as our starting Center being backed up by TLC.. what do you expect??

Our starting 5 was:  Trae, Gallo, Kevin, OO, and Hunter. 

Mr. Makeitrain Huerter was 2 for 6 from three in his first game and only attempted 8 shots.

When OO would go out, Gallo would slide over to C and TLC would come in as BU PF.   

How much coaching is needed to beat that??

Robert-downey-jr-eye-roll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Miami had injuries too. Our season on the line, no Jimmy Butler, and we couldn’t get it done. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Miami had injuries too. Our season on the line, no Jimmy Butler, and we couldn’t get it done. 

No Jimmie in the last game...

But it's nice when you can reach on your bench and pull off an ALL NBA player (Oladipo) to replace him.  He led them in scoring.

We replaced our guys with TLC.

• Moderators
On 12/2/2022 at 3:28 PM, Diesel said:

I don't know if Trae has that ability.   

AJ has that same trait as Bogi.  He squares up... so even though I don't know if he can catch and shoot consistently, 

That is my point.  We don't know.  We haven't tried.