• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

The front office for our Hawks (12-10, still First Place in the Filthy South!) seemed content with fielding a 14-man roster until at least the mid-December trading window opened. Players and staff seemed content to wait until the official return of wing sniper Bogdan Bogdanovic (questionable, knee injury recovery) to the court before figuring out how to properly gel.

Boooggggiiiii.  I'm really excited for his potential return tonight?!), but I know he will be rusty and am trying to temper my expectations.  Also need to prepare for how bad his defense will likely be.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

vet-min for Scotty won’t break Tony’s piggy bank!

If my memory serves me right, I might be good on Hastings… :laugh1:

8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Now the Serbian sharpshooter might suit up – might –

He’s resting currently and enjoying futbol ⚽️ 

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

JC will miss at least two weeks of NBA action,

:sad:

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Clint Capela has a sore foot

Futbol. 

11 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

A.J. Griffin has some girth

:laugh:

11 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Gordon's size

🤭 

12 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

The Nuggets also boast a league-high 8 road wins.

Wow. 

You the man @lethalweapon3 

Vegas has Nuggets -2.5

2K has Hawks by 10.

OO 16/9/4 dimes/ 6 BLOCKS!!!! (A block party).

Trae was his magnificent self! 

GO HAWKS!!!!!

7FB0A2B2-3CAD-48CF-9F9A-B20D0D59DF57.jpeg

025CBB4F-3CD2-412A-A4F4-3FAEAF616A2C.jpeg

9C7BCA11-B831-4EBF-8A36-0EB45EB1C2B0.jpeg

3441CE07-B975-4C39-82B3-647FBBBF262D.jpeg

5DB2AAF8-8761-4C33-A942-E048DCCF1D6E.jpeg

C23351C7-FF5B-492D-BB48-385DD95F869E.jpeg

A9AE9573-7CB7-433A-B460-6F83B8844A4C.jpeg

D389E77E-4E5D-48FC-9B1E-6DB291C88B82.jpeg

9DF52027-1FD4-4169-BF6C-DA20702F4323.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Just because we're gluttons for punishment, C-Viv (yes, he's still working at AJC, filling in for Lauren I believe) was told Trae (sore shoulder) had been listed as Questionable, too, but I don't see it on the 12:30 IR update.

EDIT: Ah, here it is, not on the NBA list (yet) but the team's.

~lw3

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

One of my favorite statfolks on The Blue Bird posted this chart recently...

...and I wonder aloud how much of it is the Jokic effect (skilled bigs getting out and trying their hands more at 3s) or the Dejountrae effect (guards making better use of their middies and paint shots).

~lw3

• Thanks 3

Injury report has 9 players listed for Atlanta.  What the heck!  With a 15 man roster, this means that we have 6 players that didn't even get mentioned!

Skyhawks better not have a game scheduled for tonight.  If they do they will not have enough players available for them.  They will all be in Atlanta with the Hawks!

👩‍🔧Really under construction tonight!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Trent Forrest being out means more Aaron Holliday. I fear this game is going to be ugly, ugly uuuuugly for us tonight. I have to wonder if they feel resting Trae and Capela with injury tags and just basically conceding a loss is better long term.

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Trent Forrest being out means more Aaron Holliday. I fear this game is going to be ugly, ugly uuuuugly for us tonight. I have to wonder if they feel resting Trae and Capela with injury tags and just basically conceding a loss is better long term.

Nate better not be conceding anything right now...................

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

One of my favorite statfolks on The Blue Bird posted this chart recently...

...and I wonder aloud how much of it is the Jokic effect (skilled bigs getting out and trying their hands more at 3s) or the Dejountrae effect (guards making better use of their middies and paint shots).

~lw3

It's the virtual elimination of the midrange shots that you see here.  Closer 2s for higher percentage makes.

The irony in that is this . . . the teams that have a guy or guys that can take and make difficult midrange jumpers, often do very well in the playoffs.  The teams that rely on 3s, do not.  Even the great Golden State Warriors can get to their spots in the midrange, and make shots, when they need to.

The Hawks are built for playoff style basketball.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's the virtual elimination of the midrange shots that you see here.  Closer 2s for higher percentage makes.

The irony in that is this . . . the teams that have a guy or guys that can take and make difficult midrange jumpers, often do very well in the playoffs.  The teams that rely on 3s, do not.  Even the great Golden State Warriors can get to their spots in the midrange, and make shots, when they need to.

The Hawks are built for playoff style basketball.

We're not though.  You need to be able to make 3s to get the open middies.  No one will respect our outside shooting if we can't make open threes, so the open mid rangers won't be there.  And we can't get anything in the paint if it's not a brilliant pass from Trae or lob...

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Is that good?

I think that's good.

~lw3

I can’t recall a player making more winning plays for his team in such short spurts as this man.  He can do everything except switch on quick guards and nearly does nothing to hurt the Nuggs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I can’t recall a player making more winning plays for his team in such short spurts as this man.  He can do everything except switch on quick guards and nearly does nothing to hurt the Nuggs.

There's a reason I was telling people when he was a rookie that Jokic was special. He's the back to back MVP and frankly should win it a third year in a row but I know the voters won't do that. Everyone talks about generational players and yet sleeps on calling  him one. I'd trade our entire team Trae included for Jokic.

• Haha 1