• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prayers for Bob Rathbun

smoove31210

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You don't want none of this. I've been on the carnivore diet and now I'm only 50 lbs above my fighting weight!!! I can get a full 6 inches off the ground now and the ball actually fits between my legs when I cross over. (+50 skills).

I'm so inflexible now, if I attempted a crossover between my legs, I'd be walking funny for a few weeks.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

I'm so inflexible now, if I attempted a crossover between my legs, I'd be walking funny for a few weeks.

We walking it up on the halfcourt right?

Let's make this easier..   

Hawksquawk  HORSE.

Except in our tourney we spell out Hawks!

I'll get yall all out of here with my set shot from the elbow!  Lil' Diesel will tell you, when he was young, that shot put me in the realm of Michael Jordan and Steve Smith!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I didn't know Bob had kids on the younger side.  although this was 6 years ago.   I went to look for some great Bob calls on youtube and it sucks that the video from last night has been posted by dozens.  Here are some good ones that i found.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Dang, sounds like me and @Spud2nique would run the HA court on yall old foggies.  I'm not in the best shape but I can still get it in on the court......

..... as long as we stick to halfcourt.  Ain't nobody got time for all that runnin'.  I mean, we playing basketball or cross-country up in here? 

• Haha 2

Just now, kg01 said:

Dang, sounds like me and @Spud2nique would run the HA court on yall old foggies.  I'm not in the best shape but I can still get it in on the court......

..... as long as we stick to halfcourt.  Ain't nobody got time for all that runnin'.  I mean, we playing basketball or cross-country up in here? 

When Connie Hawkins was playing for the Hawks (his last year in the league, I think) he looked like he was moving in slow motion.  But his hands were so huge, the basketball looked like a grapefruit in his hands, so even though he looked like he was moving in slow motion, he could get wherever he wanted to on the court, and no one could strip the ball out of those giant hands.  I wish I had seen him play in his prime.  So, yeah, we can play the slow game.  Note - I should be drafted last - I make Trae look like first team all defense team.  I have trouble making sure the garbage can doesn't get away from me going down the hill on my driveway on the night before pickup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

You don't want none of this. I've been on the carnivore diet and now I'm only 50 lbs above my fighting weight!!! I can get a full 6 inches off the ground now and the ball actually fits between my legs when I cross over. (+50 skills).

I made this 🪤 specially for you! :yes: I actually would wanna guard you! Or @Wretch for just lookin at OO sideways! THATS MY BOI!!! 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I made this 🪤 specially for you! :yes: I actually would wanna guard you! Or @Wretch for just lookin at OO sideways! THATS MY BOI!!! 

LOL.... So...unlike OO, I am all thumbs and several left feet when I'm away from the basket.  If I'm within 5 feet, you can't guard me unless you can dunk a basketball flat footed. lol

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, marco102 said:

My god that is scary. Nique just kept on talking.

if there's one thing we can all agree on it's that Nique is a pro's pro when it comes to broadcasting.

😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

We walking it up on the halfcourt right?

Let's make this easier..   

Hawksquawk  HORSE.

Except in our tourney we spell out Hawks!

I'll get yall all out of here with my set shot from the elbow!  Lil' Diesel will tell you, when he was young, that shot put me in the realm of Michael Jordan and Steve Smith!

nope, can't even play HORSE these days.  A couple years ago when we moved into our new house I took a basketball out to the court in the park behind my house.  At that point hadn't shot a ball in 20 years since I retired from hoops at age 30 in 2000.   Walked out on the court and figured I would try a 3pt shot since that's what all the kids do these days  Took one 3 pt shot and immediately my inactive epicondylitis became active.    Took a few weeks for the pain in my wrist to go away on its own from taking that one shot.

Between that and my back I am as done as done can get.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Mike Conti huh.  I say let Nique sit with Holman and put that on both tv and radio.

This might be the best idea you’ve ever had. You have had a lot but in all seriousness, for someone outside the Atlanta area, I don’t hear Holman as much as I’d like to and that connection of Nique and Holman all those years where I was a kid in Cali and never heard or felt it, it would be special for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This might be the best idea you’ve ever had. You have had a lot but in all seriousness, for someone outside the Atlanta area, I don’t hear Holman as much as I’d like to and that connection of Nique and Holman all those years where I was a kid in Cali and never heard or felt it, it would be special for me.

Listen on 92.9 The game via the Audacy Radio App.  when our game is on BSPN or I can't get a local feed I sync up The Holman and turn off the TV volume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Rathbun's on air medical emergency was mentioned on Good Morning America today (12/7).  Glad to hear he is doing better.  You can see the clip at:  https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/video/sports-commentator-suffers-air-medical-emergency-94676333

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
The last thing Bob Rathbun remembers is sitting in a chair and thinking, “Just let me get through this.” His stomach had been doing flips for two hours. He already had made one unscheduled visit to the restroom, and he felt that something bad was coming around the corner again. But he had worked before despite not feeling great, and he had a live shot to do for the Hawks’ pregame show, and he felt he couldn’t just bail, so he took his seat next to Dominique Wilkins, gripped a microphone, looked into a television camera and forced a smile. “I was thinking, ‘I know I’m going to be sick again. But let me just get through this, then I’ll go vomit, and I’ll do the game, and then I’ll go home and go to bed,’” he said. “So I got in the chair and made some innocuous comment about AJ Griffin, and the next thing I remember was an EMT guy was standing in front of me.”

– via Jeff Schultz @ The Athletic

When Rathbun opened his eyes several seconds later, he saw the EMT and he Wilkins looking at him. Wilkins: “Bob? Are you OK, buddy?” Rathbun: “Yeah, I’m OK.” Wilkins: “You passed out.” Rathbun: “I did?” Days later, Wilkins recalled, “I was like, ‘Let’s get this man in a chair, get him out of here, get him to the hospital. Something is wrong.’”

Rathbun has missed four games, beginning the night that started it all on Dec. 5. He will be home resting when the Hawks play in Orlando on Wednesday and Charlotte on Friday. There are tentative plans for him to return next week. It can’t be soon enough for him because watching games from the couch isn’t his thing. He saw the final frantic minutes of an overtime win over Chicago play out on TV and joked, “I was guarding against relapse.” Bob went viral, and not in the good way. He hasn’t Googled himself or typed his name into YouTube. He has no desire to relive that moment. “I’ll never watch it,” he said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1