• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I want Mark Jackson as Hawks next head coach

Spud2nique

On 2/3/2023 at 11:17 AM, AHF said:

Bud the President got rid of Bud the Coach.

Budcox ruined the roster requiring a rebuild or staying with a .500% talent tax paying, older roster.  Then Bud walked away from the fixing the problem Budcox created due to bad GMing.

Bud wanted to compete and didn't want to rebuild but he took at roster that was #1 in the East when Ferry was pushed out to one that was expected to miss the playoffs (by expected wins) and had huge raises coming to Sap, THJr, etc.   Bud didn't want to go through that and so joined a team with a ready superstar.

Bud was a very good coach and a very bad GM.

No doubt it was a bad call to move him into management, but he was and is a good coach.  Bud is the best coach the Hawks have had since Lenny, which is not saying a lot given how bad some of the hires have been.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Packfill said:

No doubt it was a bad call to move him into management, but he was and is a good coach.  Bud is the best coach the Hawks have had since Lenny, which is not saying a lot given how bad some of the hires have been.

I think Larry Drew gets Shortchanged...

Not that he was better than Bud.  But he gets no respect.  He was 55.7% win% when we fired him.   

My interest in the NBA has waned some over the past year, and it hasn't helped that I don't take much pleasure in watching how the Hawks play under the current coaching.  If they were to go back to the Bud system, then my interest would be renewed.

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, KB21 said:

My interest in the NBA has waned some over the past year, and it hasn't helped that I don't take much pleasure in watching how the Hawks play under the current coaching.  If they were to go back to the Bud system, then my interest would be renewed.

good to see you!

But no to Bud.   I like the system, when you don't have a good PG.  We have a magical PG.  We need somebody who knows how to coach Great PGs to their All NBA potential.  That's not Bud.  That's not Nate either.   But Nate is Closer. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

good to see you!

But no to Bud.   I like the system, when you don't have a good PG.  We have a magical PG.  We need somebody who knows how to coach Great PGs to their All NBA potential.  That's not Bud.  That's not Nate either.   But Nate is Closer. 

Disagree.  Taylor Jenkins has no issues with Ja Morant in Memphis.  Bud would have been great for Trae at a young age.