Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

This is a condescending conversation about condensation!

Let's just say it's a low water mark. 😉

And to the original point... it will be damn amazing how smart McM will seem to everyone if/when this team gets its primary assets on the floor at the same time for such a length of time that they would string together wins reminiscent of what happened two seasons ago when he was so highly regarded around here. All about the winning, and all about the losing 95% of the time.

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't think this really translates to not all water is wet.   Clouds are wet.   You fly through them, you get condensation regardless of the season.   

True story: I got to fly in the jump seat of a plane's cockpit once - flying through the clouds was just like rain on your car windshield. We had a little turbulence and I was a little anxious. Pilot calmed my nerves by telling me it's just wind acting on the plane like waves do against a boat in the ocean.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Believe it is fair to say we have saturated the tangent (albeit, yes, one I am to-blame for introducing), and it's absolutely time to either get back to the original point, or abandon this thread altogether.

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

True story: I got to fly in the jump seat of a plane's cockpit once - flying through the clouds was just like rain on your car windshield. We had a little turbulence and I was a little anxious. Pilot calmed my nerves by telling me it's just wind acting on the plane like waves do against a boat in the ocean.

Also true story: Burd was flying a mission over Syria to save hostages.  The pilot became incapacitated, so she jumped in the seat and completed the mission.  She flew through storm clouds on the way back.

It's how she received ... no earned the name 'JayBirdHawk'.  It's her code name.  Like 007 but 'Merican.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Also true story: Burd was flying a mission over Syria to save hostages.  The pilot became incapacitated, so she jumped in the seat and completed the mission.  She flew through storm clouds on the way back.

It's how she received ... no earned the name 'JayBirdHawk'.  It's her code name.  Like 007 but 'Merican.

What are you doing? I told you that in confidence. :ph34r::spank:

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, sturt said:

Believe it is fair to say we have saturated the tangent (albeit, yes, one I am to-blame for introducing), and it's absolutely time to either get back to the original point, or abandon this thread altogether.

Never let it die, stu.

• Haha 2