• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A sh!tacular west coast trip and we will be 6th in the tankathon

NBASupes

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I honestly wish they would tank this year. At this rate with Capela and Hunter never being healthy we're going to tank naturally because we have no defense and Nate has no offense.

We got hell for the next couple of weeks schedule wise. There is a chance we can lose 10 straight

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is really nothing wrong with tanking this year. Nate is a sitting duck. Everyone outside of OO is locked up for 3 years or more. We got nothing to lose. In fact, fighting for a playin just makes our draft assets not that valuable. Get a top 5 pick and we can be a major player in trades. Get Scoot or Wemby, we basically got a franchise lifeline. This season is over. Don't do like we did during the ECF year and try to fix shit. Let this shit fall. We got way too many contracts and we need play for stats and move some of these guys in the off-season who arent a part of the future. 

Unfortunately I kind of agree with this. I mean why win now after all this public drama has come out? Why even try to win ? 

You got an unstable front office that is not completely filled now. You have a coach that you KNOW is not returning (there’s no way we get out of rd 1 if we were to make the playoffs).

No offensive strategy. No defense unless the team is fully healthy which is never.

but the question is will the team truly tank if they did get healthy? We are a talented enough team to where tanking is actually hard to do even with Nate at helm.

Also I can’t see Trae, Murray, or Capela going along with tanking if the team gets healthy. 

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to A sh!tacular west coast trip and we will be 6th in the tankathon
On 1/2/2023 at 1:44 AM, NBASupes said:

There is really nothing wrong with tanking this year. Nate is a sitting duck. Everyone outside of OO is locked up for 3 years or more. We got nothing to lose. In fact, fighting for a playin just makes our draft assets not that valuable. Get a top 5 pick and we can be a major player in trades. Get Scoot or Wemby, we basically got a franchise lifeline. This season is over. Don't do like we did during the ECF year and try to fix shit. Let this shit fall. We got way too many contracts and we need play for stats and move some of these guys in the off-season who arent a part of the future. 

Murray isn't locked up.

• Thanks 1

We have our own pick this year?  If so, for the love of good and evil...tank this sh*tshow.  And I say that as a fan who never wants to lose.  

Biggest Trae fan ever, but last night was like peeling back a pretty banana that's rotten inside.  That 4th quarter was abysmal.  And no AJ? (I digress). Ugh 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 1/2/2023 at 12:34 AM, NBASupes said:

The problem is we are already at 17 wins and last year the bottom three teams had 20-23 wins.  So not a lot of breathing room for us.

12 minutes ago, shakes said:

The problem is we are already at 17 wins and last year the bottom three teams had 20-23 wins.  So not a lot of breathing room for us.

The NBA too balanced this year and they penalizing teams that egregiously tank like OKC did last year

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

2-12? I’ll make you an avatar bet right now. We ain’t goin no 2-12. No way.

I don't do bets but seriously go look at our schedule for January 2023. There's only two games on that list I feel comfortable in saying we should win those games.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't do bets but seriously go look at our schedule for January 2023. There's only two games on that list I feel comfortable in saying we should win those games.

It's not just the teams we play, it's the odd b2b, the travel, this is a schedule setup for this month to make us lose games even if we are good.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

We should just run with

1  - Trae

2 - DJM

3 - Bogi

4 - AJ

5 - JJ

We'll have a fun offense, and all the points we'll bleed will help us lose games while also putting up 130 points so at least watching bricks over and over again won't hurt our souls. 

JC, Hunter, Clint on the bench can play some lower minutes so they can try to avoid being injured rest of the season. 

I think it would be really hard to lose out to 

Magic: 13-24

Spurs: 12-25

Hornets: 10-28

Pistons: 10-30

Rockets: 10-27

but we can tank for a top 7 pick and pray we win the lottery.

We could let Trae and Murray get their stats and stay "happy", let AJ and JJ get some development, and take the gamble on trying to get Wemby/Scoot.

Being a mid team in the NBA is the worst position we could be in, NBA purgatory is not fun, watching .500 basketball is not fun, and getting mid players in the middle of the draft that keep your team mid is not fun.

I just wanna have fun with this team again 😕 

Until Trae gets his ice back and can start hitting shots at the end of games and starts being a true superstar closer, or Nate gets canned and we get an new HC who's offensively creative and can manage a locker room, this team isn't going anywhere. 

Even when we're healthy, we're not in the upper echelon of teams this season.

Nearly 40 games into the season is long enough to begin to call it in, if the team goes on a magic 10 game winstreak and figures things out in Jan before the trade deadline, fine, let's ride this season out on the assumption the team keeps up whatever magic formula they figured out.

Big doubt that that happens though, would like to see us having fun in games, losing, and hitting in the lottery. 🤞🏽

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

There’s nobody we can’t beat on any given night. When I look at the schedule I keep seeing us winning… I mean once we start to win one or two… :yes: